Cleaning atomizer & Cleaning cycle bad taste tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
Just two small tips I wanted to share. Some of you may already know these.

Using a piece of paper to clean your atomizer.

About every 4-5 days I let my atomizer drain overnight. Some of you do this nightly. I stuff a paper towel or cloth in there while it drains. I've noticed even after a nights worth of draining, there's still quite a bit of liquid left in there. Most of it is gummed up around the outside of the atomizer where it can't be reached. So the morning after my atomizer drains, I roll up a piece of paper and stick it in the atomizer and blow through the battery connector. The paper usually comes out pretty wet. I included a picture.

Pulling out the cartridge during a cleaning cycle.

I hate the cleaning cycle on my e-cigs. It always tastes really bad after it's done cleaning. I always end up seeing the cleaning cycle because it happens right after taking a hit from the e-cig.
So before the cleaning cycle is halfway done, I pull out my cartridge, and blow air into the atomizer while it's cleaning. I found the bad taste is from the cartridge, and from the atomizer overheating. If you can eliminate both, you don't get a bad taste. I've done this the last two times I've had a cleaning cycle and I had no bad taste afterwards whatsoever.

Just simple tips but they've helped me a lot.

Attachments

• IM000668.jpg
    IM000668.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 139

phylo

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2008
Santa Cruz Ca.
The last time one of my cigs went through a cleaning cycle I tried the "pull the cartridge trick" and when it was done I put the cartridge back in and tried a puff and almost chocked to death!! Ok so maybe it wasn't that bad but the burnt taste from the cleaning was still there.. I would recommend removing the battery so that it does not complete the cleaning cycle and then take the atomizer and give it a thorough cleaning under the faucet.

Phil

bishybob

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2008
Arizona, USA
The last time one of my cigs went through a cleaning cycle I tried the "pull the cartridge trick" and when it was done I put the cartridge back in and tried a puff and almost chocked to death!! Ok so maybe it wasn't that bad but the burnt taste from the cleaning was still there.. I would recommend removing the battery so that it does not complete the cleaning cycle and then take the atomizer and give it a thorough cleaning under the faucet.

Phil

Really? I've done this quite a few times and avoided the bad taste each time. I do blow a stream of air into the atomizer while it's cleaning. Dunno if this helps keep it from overheating but it seems to work.

justrubl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2008
Houston, Texas, United States
Ok can I be stupid? What are you talking about when you say the cleaning cycle. I am VERY new to all this and I have read the paperwork that came with my e-cig and no where did I see anything about a cleaning cycle. I know I am being dense but I just don't understand and I am having a horrible time with a burned taste in all my atomizers. Thanks for any help.

signtraders

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 22, 2008
Oklahoma
www.cigarettepower.com
I just figured out the ultimate way (I hope,I think) for cleaning atomizers. I had 2 atomizers thst had degraded performance and tried several things but none worked untill I did the following:
I placed the units in a small commercial hot steam chamber for 5 minutes. Then placed them in an ultra-sonic cleaner for 5 minutes wit a vinigar water solution. Flushed/rinsed them.
Dried them with compressed air and now they work better than ever!

I am willing to clean some more for members to get a good feedback before offering this as a service. Of course this will only work if the unit is not burned out.

Just send me a pm

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
justruble, the cleaning cycle is a built in 'timer' if you will, that when reached, heats up soemthign (heater coil I'm guessing) that is supposed to burn off any crud buildup that accumulates and which makes the atomizers not work so well. This cleaning cycle was a good idea on paper, but not so good in actual real world as it makes the atomizer make the vapor taste liek ... wel... not very good. Yuo can tell your atomizer is goign htrough a cleaning cycle when the battery begins blinkng for no reason, and hte atomizer starts heating up- the blinking will go on for 30 or more times IF you let it, I usually unscrew the battery when my battery begins blinking for no reason because it really does make everythign taste just awful- Also, if you happen to be inhaling when atomizer decides to self=clean- Eeeyuck! Infact- Eeeeyuck to the 10'th power!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread