Looking to get bigger clouds. Any suggestions? Current setup is:
3mm silica (3 loops)
28 gauge a-1 kanthal (4 wraps)
100% vg juice with 6mg of nicotine
MNKE 18650
k100 mod
Nimbus rda
ohming at .5 ohms

not satisfied with the clouds I'm getting. Looking to get fatter thicker clouds. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't have enough post to post elsewhere. Love vaping. I've been a pack a day smoker and been cutting down to a pack every other day. I've learned a lot from ECF. Hoping to kick the analog habit soon.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Last edited:

Hooligan80

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Yucaipa,CA,USA
I'm not a newbie to vaping, but I am new to this forum (I've been a member of other forums for a while). I am also a sub ohm vaper. I won't say what sub ohm I'm at, because I always catch a lot of flack about it, yet I've been at it for a while with no issues. You need to drill out your air holes on your Nimbus cap to about 1.5 to 2mm, and make sure you use a juice with more VG than PG. Should get decent clouds with that while running .5 ohms.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Looking to get bigger clouds. Any suggestions? Current setup is:
3mm silica (3 loops)
28 gauge a-1 kanthal (4 wraps)
100% vg juice with 6mg of nicotine
MNKE 18650
k100 mod
Nimbus RDA
ohming at .5 ohms

not satisfied with the clouds I'm getting. Looking to get fatter thicker clouds. Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I don't have enough post to post elsewhere. Love vaping. I've been a pack a day smoker and been cutting down to a pack every other day. I've learned a lot from ECF. Hoping to kick the analog habit soon.

You've got the posts now. Try the RBA forum here. This thread there has a lot of great info in it. Also check out this thread on micro coils.

IMO, with the stats from your post on what you're running, you should be in vape heaven. If you're not, it's all about what you're doing with those wraps. The devil is in the details, not just more power :thumb:

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Wrap loose coils, don't choke wicks. It's about juice flow as much as amperage and air flow. All three (amps/air/wicking) have to work.

Is it any better if you drip on the coil/wick? (Like for the 1st hit or so?) If so, wicking issue.
If draw is too tight, air hole.
Also check mod resistance and use a good quality battery with the amps. .5 ohms at, say, 4.2 volts is 8.4 amps and 35.28 watts.

You can get good clouds with micro coils and dual coil stuff (using thinner ga wire) and be more efficient too...far less watts needed just to heat the wire.

Last edited:

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
No offense, but as a newbie with 9 posts, I'm going to suggest you read up on safety, and know what you are doing, before chasing bigger clouds. (in the event you are not real experienced, which I don't know)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/rebuildable-atomizer-systems/465483-sub-ohm-vaping-discussion-safety-battery-info-warnings.html

No offense either but based off of the gear and specs of my setup it should be pretty obvious I'm not a newb to vaping. Just a newb to the forum. Love this site LOTS of info on here. Thanks.

Last edited:

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
Look here..... Amazon.com: Fog Machines . The bigest clowds you'll ever see....LOL...Sorry I had to...:rickroll:

After 5 posts you should be able to go out into the rest of the boards.

Saw a youtube video of someone actually pouring a whole bottle of ALICE IN VAPELANDS E-JUICE in a fog machine and vaping off of it. Thought it was funny.

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
3 loops of 3mm silica makes the diameter of your coil pretty wide. Try shrinking the diameter. It's been proven through micro coils (from my experience) that the smaller the diameter of your wraps, the better the heat, micro coil or not. Just a suggestion.

I've been using this setup for about a week. I normally run 1 loop with 4 wraps. Just trying to see what setup works best. I'm liking this one I'm running now though. I like how warm it is. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
I'm not a newbie to vaping, but I am new to this forum (I've been a member of other forums for a while). I am also a sub ohm vaper. I won't say what sub ohm I'm at, because I always catch a lot of flack about it, yet I've been at it for a while with no issues. You need to drill out your air holes on your Nimbus cap to about 1.5 to 2mm, and make sure you use a juice with more VG than PG. Should get decent clouds with that while running .5 ohms.

Same here. Not new to vaping. Just new to the forum. I have my holes drilled out to 5/64 and running 100% VG and like you said I'm getting "decent" clouds. Might have to take it to the next sized drill bit. Thanks for the advice.

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
You've got the posts now. Try the RBA forum here. This thread there has a lot of great info in it. Also check out this thread on micro coils.

IMO, with the stats from your post on what you're running, you should be in vape heaven. If you're not, it's all about what you're doing with those wraps. The devil is in the details, not just more power :thumb:

Will definitely check those threads out. I am in vape heaven. I'm liking this setup a lot. Just trying to get suggestions I guess. I've tried a single micro coil with cotton but didn't like it. Might try it again on my next build but with the coils sitting on the cotton instead of threading the cotton through the coil. Some seem to like that setup so I'll give that one a try. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

mbutac1230

Aug 13, 2013
Salt Lake
Wrap loose coils, don't choke wicks. It's about juice flow as much as amperage and air flow. All three (amps/air/wicking) have to work.

Is it any better if you drip on the coil/wick? (Like for the 1st hit or so?) If so, wicking issue.
If draw is too tight, air hole.
Also check mod resistance and use a good quality battery with the amps. .5 ohms at, say, 4.2 volts is 8.4 amps and 35.28 watts.

You can get good clouds with micro coils and dual coil stuff (using thinner ga wire) and be more efficient too...far less watts needed just to heat the wire.

I'll try a thinner gauge wire and keep those other things in mind with my next build. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread