Co-op cancelled due to supplier complaint - please read!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Hello all of my vaping friends!

I facilitated a CO-OP for Royal Smokers CE2 Clearomizers just recently and received a large number of orders.

On the day I reached the MOQ I received an email from the CEO of MicroCig and was informed that they refused to sell these to me in such high quantity due to the fact that they knew I was reselling these at a lower than market value price and this was not fair to their wholesalers. I explained to him that I was not re-selling these and that is was a GROUP purchase among friends to get a better price, but still he refused to sell them to me.

Obviously I had to cancel the co-op after spending hours of organizing it and a lot of people were dissapointed, not to mention the fact that this may discredit me as a future facilitator.

Apparently a supplier of CE2 Clearomizers had complained.

I also found out that a supplier of clearomizers has refused to sell anything to some of the members here after running successful co-ops on products that they sell at retail.

In my opinion I feel that co-ops are a way for people to try products at a lower price and if they like them they will buy more at RETAIL from a supplier so I don't see how a co-op would HURT a supplier!
Apparently some suppliers don't see the benefit of this.

I am not here to BASH any supplier as I can't prove which supplier/suppliers voiced the complaint, but just wanted the ECF members to be aware of what has happened in this situation.

I feel this was wrong, as do many of my ECF friends, and I will not be purchasing any more Royal Smoker products from ANY supplier because of this behavior.

If you agree with me I would hope that you would do the same.

Thanks for listening and Have a Great Day!!!

Samsmom

:):vapor::)

Last edited:

samsmom

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
Since we have little chance of finding out which supplier created this situation my only recourse is to boycott all retailers that sell Royal Smokers products. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

I won't be boycotting all retailers that sell RS products, but I won't be purchasing any more RS products from ANY supplier!

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Since we have little chance of finding out which supplier created this situation my only recourse is to boycott all retailers that sell Royal Smokers products. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Boycott?...don't think I'll join that action. The reseller did nothing wrong...the coop did nothing wrong. This is simply both sides AND Royal Smokers looking out for their best interests.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
If the option is available for anyone going to a site, setting up an account, and making a big enough purchase to get the best price, then it is not for them to regulate what is done with that purchase.
Just how many Royal Smoker suppliers are on this forum?
And if it's found that this supplier is from here, they should be ousted from ECF!!!

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Sorry this happened to you samsmom. I've placed four orders with e-liquid.cn and my biggest complaints are the (1) quantity they make you order and (2) the outrageous freight and paypal fees they charge (not to mention the spotty QC of the cartos themselves). If it's any consolation I personally wouldn't touch clearomizers in anything other than small quantities anyway. From what I've been reading the plastic used is prone to discolor and crack with certain types of juices, so you may have ended up with a lot of unhappy co-oper's blaming you - rightly or wrongly.

(And you're right Kelemvor, ECF members are directly responsible for all the positive changes these things have gone through. It's a pity the manufacturer has taken this stance, but I'm not surprised. I look forward to the day when someone else starts making these things...)

Just my two cents...

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Sorry this happened to you samsmom. I've placed four orders with e-liquid.cn and my biggest complaints are the (1) quantity they make you order and (2) the outrageous freight and paypal fees they charge (not to mention the spotty QC of the cartos themselves). If it's any consolation I personally wouldn't touch clearomizers in anything other than small quantities anyway. From what I've been reading the plastic used is prone to discolor and crack with certain types of juices, so you may have ended up with a lot of unhappy co-oper's blaming you - rightly or wrongly.

(And you're right Kelemvor, ECF members are directly responsible for all the positive changes these things have gone through. It's a pity the manufacturer has taken this stance, but I'm not surprised. I look forward to the day when someone else starts making these things...)

Just my two cents...

You and me both brother,,,, you and me both.

Crimmy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Gainesville, GA USA
I ran a co-op and had the same thing happen to me. I placed the order and got the invoice and paid before the threat came down. and I had to refuse the refund and the supplier had no choice to do anything but ship the product. I know this is the American way but if a supplier says it is a "retail price" then that is just what it should be "retail" not just retail to resellers. That is called price fixing and the last I looked in the USA that is ILLEGAL. In fact it is totally against the law. The reseller that started this complaint should be lamb basted and everyone should join in on that. PRICE FIXING IS AN ILLEGAL ACT.
I know that the Chinese bow to pressure to big resellers but that is just wrong and then Royal Smokers should be boycotted. DO YOU UNDERSTAND MR. MARTINEZ (Owner) OF ROYAL SMOKERS/MICROCIG? I hope you do get it.

In the end WE are your customers and you should treat us all the same. NOT THE RESELLERS...........................ARGGGGGGG

My:2c:and I am :mad: as Hell about it.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
It's called MSRP, and companies are supposed to follow the guidelines to keep everything fair. You can say it's price-fixings, but really it's just what the company who makes the products wants it sold for on the shelf.

Places likes Barns&Noble Toys R US respect the MSRP, and is the reason you see higher prices. Than in stores like Wal-Mart which throw the MSRP out the window, but they can lose their clients by doing it. It's just that they are Wal-Mart, and happen to be a super giant. So companies ignore them breaking MSRP price points for the most.....

So I see why they would be aginst co-op. Your not super big, and so you will not make them any money by breaking the MSRP.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I've purchased and used a large number of Royal Smokers CE2's and was one of their customers who recommended these to many other people. But refusing to honor selling a volume purchase that Royal Smokers advertises is just not right. Of course they were going to be resold. What did the mystery vendor think? Isn't that what he does?

In the case the vendor wants our business so he can sell the product at an inflated price and gouge us for our dollars. To me this sounds more like price fixing.

I have a pretty good idea of who the vendor is because this isn't the first time they've done this and they won't be getting any of my business. But Royal Smokers won't get any more of my business either.

And I'm making very sure all my friends know about this too,

Last edited:

kilgoretrout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
South Central PA, USA
If the option is available for anyone going to a site, setting up an account, and making a big enough purchase to get the best price, then it is not for them to regulate what is done with that purchase.
Just how many Royal Smoker suppliers are on this forum?
And if it's found that this supplier is from here, they should be ousted from ECF!!!

Agreed. This getting canceled is absolute bs. And yes... putting pressure on a supplier to not sell to another buyer is underhanded at best and definitely goes against a couple of anti-trust laws. Microcig allowing it to happen is just as bad (if not worse). What a huge misuse of market power.

If I were you, samsmom.... I would hang on to the correspondence between you and microcig... if for nothing more than to show what shady characters they are.

It pisses me off to no end that I have to tell my wife and buddy that we can't get these clearos now because of agreements between a supplier and an ...... retailer that are forcing higher prices on us.

I look forward to the day when someone else starts making these things...

You and me both brother,,,, you and me both.

Full agreement here, too. I've heard from other owners of large operations that hate dealing with them as well.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
This is why you can't buy cars directly from a car company...they have dealers to keep happy.

Although I can sympathize with the frustration, I have seen participants of co-ops sell off their shares in the classifieds.

How can anyone expect a company to keep their suppliers happy, if they will sell to the public for the same price they are giving the suppliers? These companies probably shouldn't make bulk sales to the public, then they wouldn't have these problems.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Full agreement here, too. I've heard from other owners of large operations that hate dealing with them as well.

I know of some vendors that don't like dealing with Royal Smokes either. And look how many times Royal Smokes has beat us out of our money by selling REV ?'s and shipping a lower REV number.

I'd also like to quote something here that a friend wrote, hopefully she won't mind me using her words but she really hits the nail on the head:

"I have continued to experiment with the CE2's as they have gone through various iterations, up to the most recent. I was always kind of frustrated with them. At least half the cartos in any given box needed to be modded to work well (in other words, they were shipped broken). For a while, Royal Smokes even included material to fix them in the box. That is insulting. They know they are shipping a potentially faulty product, and rather than fix it, would rather make that the responsibility of the end user.

They continue to have wicking problems, leaking problems, etc, and even ship with older versions mixed in with the new. Some work well out of the box. And when they work, they're fine. I get a strange taste from some of them that concerns me, but they do work well.

But they simply don't work consistently, and these issues haven't been addressed." (end of quote)

What Royal Smokes is doing is selling an inferior product that has to be modded to work. I think that is reason enough not to buy from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread