Coil Questions for the Big Baby Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandswamp

May 17, 2017
Hello all.

I am now using a Smok Stick V8 and the G150 mod for my main devices (I go back and forth depending on what is charged at the time). I picked both of these so I could have two of the same tank. I figured that might help me save some money by being able to use the same coils for both items. I found out though that one of the coils is specifically for the vape pen version and I assume that is because it works the best with non-VW devices. I also want to eventually try to rebuildable deck, but I don't think that would work on the pen.

I seem to see that there are several different prebuilt coils that work for the Big Baby Beast. I don't know how to figure out which one is better and which ones I should avoid. I might just buy only the coils that work best for the pen version just to make sure I always have a working backup coil, but I am still not sure what to get.

It might not matter that much which coils I get because the Big Baby Beast tank seems to crank out a ton of vapor at any reasonable wattage and the two coil types I tried (that came with the g150) both really make some big clouds.

The rebuildable coils are really intriguing to me too. When I vape it's always the cotton getting gunked up that makes me go through so many coils, the actual coils almost always look fine. Being able to rewick the cotton of RBAs seems fantastic. I am a little apprehensive about the process of actually building the coils though, as I understand how serious it is to work with electricity.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading my ramblings! I'm still very much in the learning stage of my vaping journey (even though it's been several months)...

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ah, the great advantage to building your own and no longer tied to the crazy prices on factory coils. The BBB RBA is pretty good to build on, especially as RBAs go (most are really small and finicky). There are a bunch of YT videos of building and wicking that RBA and would be the first place to go and at least see the process. It's honestly not that hard after you do it one or two times, and it should be pretty safe even if things aren't quite right when using it on a regulated mod. If you have something wrong like a short, the mod should then tell you "no atty". As always double check your resistance to be sure you know all is well, and you can easily do that with a regulated mod that displays the coil resistance.

Reactions: opticruby

Islandswamp

May 17, 2017
Ah, the great advantage to building your own and no longer tied to the crazy prices on factory coils. The BBB RBA is pretty good to build on, especially as RBAs go (most are really small and finicky). There are a bunch of YT videos of building and wicking that RBA and would be the first place to go and at least see the process. It's honestly not that hard after you do it one or two times, and it should be pretty safe even if things aren't quite right when using it on a regulated mod. If you have something wrong like a short, the mod should then tell you "no atty". As always double check your resistance to be sure you know all is well, and you can easily do that with a regulated mod that displays the coil resistance.

Do you happen to know if the battery in the v8 stick with allow the big baby beast tank to function properly if I use either any premade coil for the BBB or the Rebuildable?

I'm wondering if the inability to adjust the wattage will be a problem for the v8 stick if I get one of the crazy coils for that tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Do you happen to know if the battery in the v8 stick with allow the big baby beast tank to function properly if I use either any premade coil for the BBB or the Rebuildable?

I'm wondering if the inability to adjust the wattage will be a problem for the v8 stick if I get one of the crazy coils for that tank.

I don't know. If it's not regulated it's almost like a mechanical but with safety features built in. If it's a fixed power output then it's a question of sufficient power for the coil. What is the resistance on a v8 coil that comes with the kit?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Reactions: opticruby

Islandswamp

May 17, 2017
The coils that are made for the stick are almost the same but I think they have only dual coils inside. The ohms are like .25 and the other is a little higher I think. I realized that they have some crazy coils for the baby with quad or more coils inside, maybe I will try them some day but for now I just ordered the M2 line as that should work fine for the g150 as well.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I really like the Q2 (? these designation keep confusing me) 0.4 ohm dual coil that comes with the BB installed. I've tried several others, but this one gives good flavor and good cloud without a ton of power and juice guzzling. If the Stick will handle something a 0.25 ohm dual coil already, that's should be an easy coil to use. In the meantime enjoy the ones you ordered. I assume the M2 is for the Stick as I don't recall (not that it matters) something with that designation for the BB/BBB crowd of coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread