Constant discontent..Need more!! Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

militiascene

ECF Veteran
In the past three months, I have completely made the move to vaping over smoking. Starting on a twistie, then to an MVP, and now on an M16 clone, I still feel as though I can't be content with what I have. I won't even touch a regulated device for the most part now. My normal coil setup is around 0.19 ohms on 22 gauge duals with an 9/8 wrap about 1.6 mm ID. This is on a Stillare RDA attached to my HCigar Sentinel M16 with Sony VTC5 batts; not even using tanks anymore. Still not enough vapor production it seems like.

I like to be quite competitive and do most things a little over the top so I have that itch for more all the time. I can't seem to get off the plateau I'm on right now no matter the build setup. I've completely lost interest in my EHPro KFL+V2 and drip all the time because of the increased airflow of my Stillare. It seems though, that I can't create a setup that will satisfy my urge to, for example, "Vapebox" a car in two hits lol:vapor:. Tried a Magic Mundy dual coil today along with a quad 24 gauge and couldn't get the 20 gauge attempt to fit in just yet (gonna try on a 26650 set up). None hit more than my normal build but I still want more.

Who else deals with these urges to always want more out of your vaping? How are you satisfying them? Should I go ahead and bite the bullet and order a 26650 setup?

militiascene

ECF Veteran
KODIAK™;13329869 said:
A regulated mod at 3.7 volts, a 2.2 ohm coil and some nicotine is all I need. Sounds like your are a uber hobbyist/collector now. You'll never be satisfied you know. :D

I can't even taste anything that low now. Really couldn't get anything off of that before. I used to smoke Marlboro Reds. I am a bit of a hobbyist though. I'm actually planning out my first design for a mech mod now and thinking about designing a Sonic Screwdriver Mod (Doctor Who).

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
You will go full hobbyist with it it sounds like, I've only been vaping for six months but I have been through dozens of mods, numerous atomizers, over 500 feet of Kanthal and I still have the urge for "just that little bit more" at some point almost every day. Some how some way something must be better than what I already have built in any of my devices that I may have around me. I've already built three of my own devices and everything else I own is in some way modified, either upgrading contacts or changing shapes/finishes of the tubes...basically I'll do anything to appease my urges to constantly tinker.

Kodiak is correct, you may slow down in the rate of modifying and purchasing vape gear but you may never truly be 100% satisfied. Something new always comes along that you need to have and it starts all over again.

militiascene

ECF Veteran
Yeah my wallet is the only thing holding me back from already having an arsenal lol. I'm gonna try and price out the cost of creating a completely silver plated mech one day. Should be nearly no voltage drop as long as the build quality is good, saying that silver is the most conductive metal known.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Welcome to ecf which I think is just a wonderful place to be. I kind of felt that way at one time but then I started using a reo grand with a rm2 atomizer. Vaping does not get any better than this for me. Everyone is different but I hope you find what you are looking for. Vaping is amazing. Good luck to you. :)

skimmer02

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
Leander,TX,USA
I just moved on to DIY juice. I figure I can play with juices for a lot cheaper than collecting gear, and still satisfy my urge to tinker. I still have at least one major purchase down the road, though. I have got have me one of those REOs. I'm just exercising patience and dodging a beating at the hands of my wife. Just kidding...sorta... maybe...not really...don't want to find out.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I do a few things slightly different.

What I may or may not like do in the Sub ohm, Fog the world category, I keep to myself. There is no need for competitive attitudes in Vaping as it is intended.(Harm reduction) No need to pump up the New Vapers they may never need or will eventually fine on their own.

We as a Community are in the cross hairs.

I am not advocating everyone running around with Prefilled Disposables - YUCK!!!!! But I strongly believe and advise that each and every Vaper that enjoys what they do, to whatever extreme, think about their future right to Vape and the Rights of fellow vapers who's they may be endangering.

Last edited:

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
It took me 12 months to get to rebuildables, making my own juices and a mech mod... but now that I'm at this point I've hit a vaping nirvana. I'm quite content with 2 kamry 100's, 3 Kayfuns running 1.0 Ohm coils with cotton wicks. Consistent hits, flavorful, tons of vapor, reliable (to me at least) and never leak (even on its side, upside down, sideways, thrown around in car, backpack).

I'll spend more money on batteries and maybe another mech mod... but overall, I'm very satisfied where I'm at. For those who haven't delved in rebuildables, you really should look at an easy Kayfun setup.

2u8e6u7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
I agree with the first post. Get into the juices. I make my own and "WOW''! What % nic are you using? I have found that for me 24% nic is just barely enough to satisfy. And I vape that all day long. But, I am unwilling to try any higher percentage. But, I do know a lady who uses 36% nic in her juices.(not recommending that, though) I, however, do not care if my little set-up gives me clouds of smoke, just as long as I can make some smoke rings as I blow it out, it is the nicotine I am after. I chewed 4mg nic gum before vaping and still had blow some smoke from a cig at least four times a day. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread