Dad's gone bonkers, looking into an air purifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Older people get set in their ways and reacts badly when their beliefs are challenged.

I AM NOT and there is no :censored: way there is any truth to that :censored: statement! :D

But on a more serious note. I avoided mentioning this in my first post in this thread, but given the direction it has taken..... notice while op is vaping in the house, Mom has to go outside to smoke? Could just be Dad is caught between a rock and a hard place.

Nikomas89

Feb 9, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I appreciate all the feedback. I offered to vape outside, but mom is using vaping to try and quit smoking, so she vapes indoors as well! It seems to be only my 'smell' he has an issue with. I've tried asking him exactly what he smells, and all he says is 'I smell vape'. During the summer months I abstained from vaping in the house and he STILL claimed he smelled it. I'm pretty sure he's just nuts, but you never know. He's been thoroughly educated, especially since I've spent the past 6 months working in a vape shop. HE won sit and read any articles, but he listens when I talk. But he still sees it as 'replacing one habit with another', and asks 'when I'm going to quit vaping too'. I was thinking of getting an air purifier, and just blowing my vapor into it when I vape. In theory it would clean any 'smells'. And having a sister with allergies and a dog and cat I figure even if it doesn't work for the vape smell, it will still do some good. Been looking at the Germ Guardian line of purifiers. They seem to have good reviews. Not sure how they would work on vapor though.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I appreciate all the feedback. I offered to vape outside, but mom is using vaping to try and quit smoking, so she vapes indoors as well! It seems to be only my 'smell' he has an issue with. I've tried asking him exactly what he smells, and all he says is 'I smell vape'. During the summer months I abstained from vaping in the house and he STILL claimed he smelled it. I'm pretty sure he's just nuts, but you never know. He's been thoroughly educated, especially since I've spent the past 6 months working in a vape shop. HE won sit and read any articles, but he listens when I talk. But he still sees it as 'replacing one habit with another', and asks 'when I'm going to quit vaping too'. I was thinking of getting an air purifier, and just blowing my vapor into it when I vape. In theory it would clean any 'smells'. And having a sister with allergies and a dog and cat I figure even if it doesn't work for the vape smell, it will still do some good. Been looking at the Germ Guardian line of purifiers. They seem to have good reviews. Not sure how they would work on vapor though.

I got one about a year ago. It's a Honeywell HPA100. Did some research and it seemed like a good choice. I use it in the bedroom because I like to vape for a while after I go to bed. It cleans up the air pretty fast in a smallish room. I can't smell the vape odor at all after a few minutes. My wife has a problem with some of my flavors, even though she vapes herself. I had to stop using coffee and tobacco flavors because they made her gag. Maybe something like is going on with your father.

Reactions: Nikomas89

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Thats why i suggested getting her dad an air purifier.
Wanna make a bet?

You choose the stakes.

Let's assume the purifier has even the slightest chance of working.

One day he'll leave the room the purifier is in.

Then what?

And if the scent isn't a delusion, there's no chance of it working anyway.

Expensive gamble given the odds if you ask me.

Tapatyped

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have the same problem with my brother.

Due to economical circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to live with my brother two years ago. He lives alone in a two story house which we both legally own. I live in a downstairs bedroom, he lives upstairs in his bedroom. We have no common interests, rarely talk to one another, and share only the kitchen to prepare meals. We each eat in our own rooms.

He immediately complained about my vaping when I moved in. He has sinus trouble and allergies. I vape only in my bedroom. The door is ALWAYS shut except for my entering or exiting the room. Most of the time I am vaping nearly 100% Vg flavorless.

My son, daughter, and nephew all vape. One day when they were all visiting me in the living room, my brother came downstairs and said he could smell our vape and to stop. None of us had been vaping, so of course we all looked at each other crazy.

I can't afford an air purifier. I hope to have my sheet together by the first of the year when I can afford my own apartment.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC2

Rajupta

Moved On
Dec 2, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread