dead Chuck???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Both of my Chucks(big&little) quit working because the wires aren't connected. I have no skill in this department, emailed Jeff about a week ago and still haven't heard back?? Thank god for my GGTS(no wires) hehehe:p
Just curious, how do you know the wires aren't connected? Did you take the top off?

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I have a feeling some of the adapters are getting loose and when an atty gets screwed on the whole adapter starts turning and twists the wires around inside until they break off. I don't see how they can just come apart from normal use. Wondering if Jeff uses any kind of thread lock putting these together that should prevent that from happening?

Lilibet

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Virginia
I dunno what it looks like inside but wouldn't taking the top off result in possibly disconnecting the wires?

I didn't really investigate it since I didn't have mine very long.

Curious?

Edit: or is it just one whole piece inside the pipe?
I'm pretty sure I read a thread a while ago that indicated that removing the top cap would disconnect the wires.

jeffakamax

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
USA
www.ThagBuilt.com
The top caps came loose on their own?? maybe i am just to rough on them? Also before i took cap off i could lift it just a bit and see inside that the wire was not connected. I'm disappointed this happened in just a couple of months use. Still have not heard back from Jeff.

Check your PM's, sent one yesterday as I never received your e-mails.

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Wow, I'd never try taking the top off my Chuck. It comes off? I figured it was bonded or glued somehow to the body. I could see the screw inside that hides the chuck-guts, but didn't want to mess with it. This shutdown just occurred without warning. One vape was perfect, the next was nonexistent. I wondered if it might be the juice I mixed up that day, but can't see why that would do anything. It's 100 mg. diluted with PG and a few colorless drops of Lorann. Nothing different than I've done hundreds of times before. Shrug

I am considering going to 801 attys just to be done with the adapter. It bugs me and it gets all slimy from liquid. I like it better having direct atty-to-Chuck contact.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
The cap that has the adaptor on it is not suppose to turn or come loose. Mine did and it broke the wires. If this was not suppose to come off then why is it not glued or whatever to prevent this. The tiny wires are souldered together and break easily. I had problems with the cap, the adaptor threads (not being able to screw in any atomizers, and wires breaking. I felt like I was doing something wrong having all of these problems. I sent them back so much I felt like Jeff was getting tired of me. I am glad that other people were having some of the same problems I had.

There are so many excellent reviews I do feel these are out of the ordinary.

davidcid

Feb 25, 2010
Watertown Ma usa
This is my second day of using my Big Chuck. I have been using a 510 catro @ 3.7v and the default thread is 510. I switched over to 6V and found it nice. Then I installed an 510 to 808 adaptor to see how it would vape with 808 catros. Worked fine at first , then nothing (no vape, no sixzzling , stone cold). Did a sanity check with my 808 PT and the 808 carto was ok. removed to 808 adaprtor from chuck and retried my 510 carto and it was ok. I finally got it to work by scewing of the 808 adaptor loosly followed by a loose fasten of the 808 carto and all is well. If I turn it approx. a 1/4" tighter the chuck goes dead. I strongly feel that the adaptor has a fastening problem with the Chuck. I pray that I am not causing a fault with the wires that these threads mention. Has there been any resolve to this problem in the last few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread