"Debridged" ego-t atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Ok, I've tried everything to get these atties to work. I've tried pushing the wick down, poking holes on the mesh, so on and so forth. I'm sure you know all of the different mods for these things. So I just thought, why not just take the wick out? So I took out the plate that has the little spike on it, pulled the wick and the piece of mesh, put the plate back in and put the tank on. I thought it would immediately leak all over me but to my surprise the juice just sat in the tank. It didn't feed at all. So I tried giving it a few stiff pulls without pushing the button. That did the trick. A few good pulls and it got the juice down to the coil. The difference is night and day! Taking the worthless wick out really helps. It's just like direct dripping. It takes a bit of getting used to, though. Just give it a couple of drags to get the juice going, and you're good for about 4 or 5 good hits before the atty goes dry. From what I've found, the atty won't leak unless you flood it. So there you have it! An ego-t atty that actually works! Oh, one more thing. You can easily put the wick and mesh back in if you don't like it or it doesn't work for you or whatever. Just don't lose it!

NaOH

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
United States
Totally agree on the stock wicks; when they work they work, but when they don't--ugh. I did something similar: Instead of placing mesh behind the spike/plate I fashioned a new wick out of blue foam. Took a few shots but once I got the size right it was bliss. You have to leave a bit protruding from the back of the plate and give it a few pushes once it's snapped back in so it gets up in the atomizer chamber. Haven't had a leak yet, and no crappy drags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread