Dire Need!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snickerfritz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
USA
I still have problem with dreaded gurggle-I have changed my draw- everything....kanger-davide still gurgling

You've simply got to learn to recoil and rewick with cotton. No more buying heads, no more gurgle, great taste. I was skeptical and hesitant to do it at first too, but so glad I did.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Almost bought the RSST today- but then they told me I had to use a blow torch on the wire- I asked why can't i just use a lighter- they said it take to long..........Me and blow torch.......Thats a scarey thought :evil:
You've simply got to learn to recoil and rewick with cotton. No more buying heads, no more gurgle, great taste. I was skeptical and hesitant to do it at first too, but so glad I did.

The Vagabond

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
LA,California,USA
Almost bought the RSST today- but then they told me I had to use a blow torch on the wire- I asked why can't i just use a lighter- they said it take to long..........Me and blow torch.......Thats a scarey thought :evil:

its more like a lighter on steroids
image_18215.jpg

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have never tasted anything as nasty as a ProTank head. I have T3s, iSmoka and the original EVOD head that came in them but the ProTank heads that came insead of the EVOD ones I ordered with the clearos taste just awful.. nauseating in fact... its like a cross between fish and kerosene... and, yes, I rinsed them and that didn't help. I've tried and tried to use them with 8 different juices and can't do it. I actually got angry when I read that Kanger is no longer making EVOD heads like I got in them and only making ProTank ones which is why those were sent instead. My EVODs are useless now. But when one door closes, another opens. I never would have found the Joye Ego CC had I been able to keep using the EVODs.

Last edited:

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Ahh the Joye Ego CC- You like huh? Where can I get one?
I have never tasted anything as nasty as a ProTank head. I have T3s, iSmoka and the original EVOD head that came in them but the ProTank heads that came insead of the EVOD ones I ordered with the clearos taste just awful.. nauseating in fact... its like a cross between fish and kerosene... and, yes, I rinsed them and that didn't help. I've tried and tried to use them with 8 different juices and can't do it. I actually got angry when I read that Kanger is no longer making EVOD heads like I got in them and only making ProTank ones which is why those were sent instead. My EVODs are useless now. But when one door closes, another opens. I never would have found the Joye Ego CC had I been able to keep using the EVODs.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Ya tried it- blocks my liquid all together when i turned it upside down. Dry hit blah-Im good Little liquid on top of the rubber thingy is fine with me- Ill deal with it- Im vaping Gambit so nothing else matters right now! Hehe!
The cloudy white rubber thingy that is at the bottom of the air tube. The air tube is the long, skinny, aluminum tube.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
My oldest ones are 8 months old and no signs of quitting. From there the dozen or so are anywhere from 2 to 6 months old...same thing. I just use one for around the equivalent of 6 to 8 tanks full then throw it in a "to be cleaned" pile whether it seems to need it or not. (I use pretty light juice.) I clean the bunch when I accumulate enough to set aside time for so they're always in rotation. I usually pay $22.00 for 5 so at this point that's 55 cents per month at the most and will be less whenever one quits. Also they're super easy to rebuild so the cost of wick and wire is all I'll be spending but I'll have Hubby do all that.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Wish my old man was into it- I want a rebuildable but don't want to tinker with it. I may have to get me one of those Ego CC's. Any particular vendor that you use?
My oldest ones are 8 months old and no signs of quitting. From there the dozen or so are anywhere from 2 to 6 months old...same thing. I just use one for around the equivalent of 6 to 8 tanks full then throw it in a "to be cleaned" pile whether it seems to need it or not. (I use pretty light juice.) I clean the bunch when I accumulate enough to set aside time for so they're always in rotation. I usually pay $22.00 for 5 so at this point that's 55 cents per month at the most and will be less whenever one quits. Also they're super easy to rebuild so the cost of wick and wire is all I'll be spending but I'll have Hubby do all that.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Is 1.8 better ? I don't even know Im a newbie, was thinking my 2.5 ones are duds

The 2.5 ohm heads need higher voltage. The 1.8 ohm heads will work good around 3.7-4.0 volts. You said you have and SID. Isn't that a vv/vw device? Why aren't you using the watts setting and letting it set the voltage for you. You should not be going through heads that fast. How hot are you trying to run it?

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
To be honest I think my SID is inaccurate -something wrong with it I go up about 4 with 2.5 and get burnt taste. I am waiting for my Provari and hope that that gives me better vape- in the meantime I put my SID aside and am using my Ego C twist.

The 2.5 ohm heads need higher voltage. The 1.8 ohm heads will work good around 3.7-4.0 volts. You said you have and SID. Isn't that a vv/vw device? Why aren't you using the watts setting and letting it set the voltage for you. You should not be going through heads that fast. How hot are you trying to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread