DIY E-Liquid First Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexinho

Nov 8, 2011
Toronto
Hello Everyone,

So I've been reading up on DIY e-liquid, and I'm really tempted to start my own. I found a couple sites that sell unflavored nicotine, the VG and PG liquids, and natural flavoring. My question is I'm vaping at 16mg/ml at the moment on my Nimbus Clone, dripping of course, and the nicotine is perfect for my liking, so how do I reach this exact same nicotine level if I'm trying to make my own liquids? Which strength nicotine do I purchase?

Thanks,

Konrad

bencooper74

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Download the Ejuicemeup calculator. I think you can get it from one stop DIY website. You can buy any strength nic juice and enter into the calculator with your flavorings and target strengths. The calculator will tell you how much of each ingredient to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vexinho

Nov 8, 2011
Toronto
Hey thanks for the quick response!

I just watched a video tutorial of a guy making his own DIY liquid and I'm a little bit confused on one subject.
Our Unflavored Smoke Juice (Nic Juice, Nicotine Juice) - My Freedom Smokes
He uses that unflavored nicotine that comes in 50%/50% PG/VG mix. My question is if the nicotine comes in pg/vg mix already, do I still
need to buy the actual PG or VG juice?

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
My question is if the nicotine comes in pg/vg mix already, do I still
need to buy the actual PG or VG juice?

You CAN buy nicotine base in different strengths AND with different PG/VG ratios. So you can get your 12, 18 (etc) mg/ml nicotine in a base of all PG, all VG, or 50/50. Here's one, for example: Wholesale Nicotine Solution for eLiquid Heartlandvapes Wholesale I know there are many others, some offering 70/30 and 30/70 PG/VG proportions as well. I've never seen 16mg/ml strength offered - it's usually 12 or 18, nothing in between.

OR you can get do as you assumed was the only choice: buy a PG nic base at twice the strength you really want, dilute with equal amount of plain VG for a 50/50 PG/VG blend at your desired nic strength. Any combination of nic strength with any proportion of PG/VG is possible, if you're willing to mix yourself.

If you tell us what strength and ratio you are aiming for, we can tell you the simplest way to get there.

Last edited:
Download the Ejuicemeup calculator. I think you can get it from one stop DIY website. You can buy any strength nic juice and enter into the calculator with your flavorings and target strengths. The calculator will tell you how much of each ingredient to use.

Wow that's good to know! Thanks x2

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

mxrdrver

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
Becoming familiar with a good juice calculator is important. It helps U map out what to do. EjuiceMeUp is a great calculator. However, it is not the only good one out there. JuiceCalculator is also an excellent one. It has some more advanced features like mixing by weight and ingredient cost features. I started out with EjuiceMeUp, and then quickly moved up to JuiceCalculator for the added features. Good luck.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... My question is I'm vaping at 16mg/ml at the moment on my Nimbus Clone, dripping of course, and the nicotine is perfect for my liking, so how do I reach this exact same nicotine level if I'm trying to make my own liquids? Which strength nicotine do I purchase?

Not sure what you PG to VG Ratio is?

But if you can find 18mg/ml Nicotine Base in the same VG to PG ratio, you could buy that and then just add Flavoring.

That is about the Easiest way to do DIY. And it requires the Least Amount of Buying and Measuring.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I vape 50/50 so when I first ventured into DIY I started with a couple bottles of 36mg strength 50/50. It was easy to mix down with the ejuicemeup calc. Just follow the measurements carefully. I much prefer 100mg now. It much easier to work with but that's only my opinion. Everyone does it their own way.

I use 3-4 syringes at a time. 1 for nic only. 1 for adding pg/vg, and 1-2 for flavors. 5ml/3ml/ and (2) 1ml gets the job done unless I'm mixing big bottles. Syringes last quite a while with proper care so you don't have to buy a stock of them to get started. I don't use needles on my nic and pg/vg syringes (many do though). I use needles for flavorings because I like to keep the outside plastic clean and dry. Couple rinses with hot water and paper towel dry and switching flavors doesn't cross contaminate.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I also vape with ready-made 50% PG / 50% VG juice that is 18mg Nic.

So, I am getting ready to make some juice DIY ... and I am a first-timer too

Here is my plan ... I buy unflavored 100% PG that is 36 Nic.

If you mix that with an equal amount of 100% Vegetable Glycerin ... you will get 50% PG / 50% VG - 18mg Nic unflavored juice.

Lets say your going to add 10% flavoring to the mix ... Then I will use the following in order to make a 50/50 - 18mg Nic flavored juice:

25ml .....100% PG - 36 Nic
20ml .....Vegetable Glycerin
..5ml..... Flavoring (VG based such as Hangsen)

50ml .....Flavored 50/50 - 18mg Nic juice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread