DIY Eliquid and flavourings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Wright

Feb 11, 2017
Hi there people.

New to vaping and have started making my own eliquid.

Was just looking around the net for flavourings and been on Amazon.

They have a product from the Flavour Factory and it says its predominantly for food flavouring. but it also says on the listing its suitable for e-liquids.

So basically what I'm asking is that based on the ingredients: Mono-Propylene Glycol, Flavourings and Ethanol. Would this be safe to use?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hi there people.

They have a product from the Flavour Factory and it says its predominantly for food flavouring. but it also says on the listing its suitable for E-liquids.

So basically what I'm asking is that based on the ingredients: Mono-Propylene Glycol, Flavourings and Ethanol. Would this be safe to use?

Thanks in advance!

Dan
By their web site they look legit
E-Liquid, E Juice & Electronic Cigarettes | The Flavour Factory Eliquids

Dan Wright

Feb 11, 2017
fffffff.jpg

This is what I mean. Will this be ok?
Like I said the seller thinks its ok for Eliquid.

Dan

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Hi there people.

They have a product from the Flavour Factory and it says its predominantly for food flavouring. but it also says on the listing its suitable for E-liquids.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

I've never herd of the flavor factory and I doubt anyone else has. Most flavorings on sites like that are food flavoring that may contain ingredients you don't want to vape or may be to weak for vaping. It's best to stick with known suppliers that sell flavorings specifically for vaping. Look at the link below for a list of reliable vaping related suppliers. If you decide to go with flavor factory please report back on quality.

List of suppliers and other useful links | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@Dan Wright - The Flavour Factory stuff may be fine for vaping, as @Alien Traveler says. But @dannyv45 makes an important point too. If HE hasn't heard of Flavour Factory (I haven't either), it's a good bet that there's limited experience with those flavors in the community. I could only find ONE entry for them on my favorite recipe site (Fudge @15%).

If you're a new mixer, you'll want the benefit of advice from community experience. It might be best to hit Danny's link above, and choose from the widely-used providers' selections (Capella, Flavorah, FlavourArt, Hangsen, Inawera, Lorann, The Perfumer's/Flavor Apprentice)...at least while you're starting out. You'll find a huge number of recipes that use these, too.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
FYI: just googled "Flavour Factory" and found their website. Looks to be UK based and focused to the icig trade. They offer both liquid as well as hardware.

All their liquid offerings appear to be ready-to-vape e-liquids and NOT flavor concentrates (disclaimer: I only checked about a dozen various "flavours" but all came with various nicotine options and had a blend of both VG and PG) and therefore NOT an appropriate choice for DIY. This is also probably why there is such an absence of their use on recipe sites. I could find no concentrate offerings on their site.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi there people.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Ethanol is grain alcohol and needs to evaporate. Shake it often and let it sit with the cap off for a couple of days after mixing.

Check out the link in Dannyv45's post for suppliers we all use.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread