Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
@dox95 BTW, Hello and welcome to the forums!!! As you can see, there are a lot of wonderful people here willing to help out when we can. All you need to do is ask. :D Remember, you can always bump it up a notch to suit your taste preference. These are only a guide to help you get started. I do not taste things the same way you taste them. Enjoy your journey into DIY. I know I have and never looked back. I have only bought a total of 2- 30 ml premium juice and 2 - 10 ml house blends before I got into DIY Since I started vaping. Good old Unflavored is my 75-85% go to juice as I will never get let down to the taste of nothing. ;) Maybe the reason I use lower percentages. Who knows? Maybe just my palate.

No. It is not just you. I rarely ever go above 5% on my mixes and that includes multiple flavor mixes. I just do not enjoy overly flavored ejuice. Some of these recipes found online go up into the 20 and 30% range :shock: and they make me cringe. I have tried a few and the key for me is to greatly reduce the amount of flavoring used in the recipe. I guess that I am very sensitive to taste and smell.

dox95

Oct 5, 2016
@dox95 BTW, Hello and welcome to the forums!!! As you can see, there are a lot of wonderful people here willing to help out when we can. All you need to do is ask. :D Remember, you can always bump it up a notch to suit your taste preference. These are only a guide to help you get started. I do not taste things the same way you taste them. Enjoy your journey into DIY. I know I have and never looked back. I have only bought a total of 2- 30 ml premium juice and 2 - 10 ml house blends before I got into DIY Since I started vaping. Good old Unflavored is my 75-85% go to juice as I will never get let down to the taste of nothing. ;) Maybe the reason I use lower percentages. Who knows? Maybe just my palate.
I started vaping 9 months ago, stopped for a few due to the high cost of buying premiums... a 30ml lasts me 2-3 days. After 2 months of searching I finally found a diy supplier in Egypt and started mixing a week ago. I'm hoping I can come near premium flavours though... btw why is the DIY juice much lighter in color?

Reactions: bnrkwest

dox95

Oct 5, 2016
Oh, yes, no steeping is ruinous. Jim Beam sits in a warehouse, fine wines lay in cellars...e-juice, same thing. I do minimum of two weeks. Never have an issue. There are some that need longer, too.

View attachment 604469

At first, I was making 2-3 little 5ml test bottles each day. After two weeks, each day, I had 10-15ml to vape test. Then I remade them with changes and steeped again. Doing little samplers and 2nd generation samplers had me rolling in juice in a month. And I was still making initial 5ml test samples.

Take a lot of notes.

My cellar is...heaven
Gotta take my hat off to that cellar! Wow. I can't wait 2 weeks lol but Ablonz suggested a shake and vape mix which capping right now, I made 4 other bottles and left to steep.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Currently these are the flavours I own can someone maybe recommend a mix
Bavarian cream
caramel
cinnamon red hot
double chocolate
Dragon fruit
peach juice
Strawberry ripe
ripe banana
mango
marshmallow
passion fruit
wild cherry Capella
blueberry Capella
Dragon fruit & strawberry and Bavarian cream are nice. Peach and Mango and marshmallow is good :) I try and mix light first, then add to it to accent a flavor note, you may also need sweetener, just a touch. If you mix too high % of flavors just add more unflavored Nic mix to it. Something else I do is mix the flavors individually then add 2 flavor juices combined in my tank. It helps give you feel for amounts and combinations. Say mix Bavarian cream alone, then add some Stawberry juice in your tank, see how you like it :)
Have fun!

dox95

Oct 5, 2016
I always try a new to me flavor as a stand alone mix before adding anything to it. I find that gives me a feel for each flavor. Have you considered doing this? I always start low (%depends on flavor. stronger they smell, lower I start) and move up from there if needed.

Everyone is different and have different tastes. The TPA Dragonfruit is a harsh flavor for me. I actually can't vape it without getting a sore throat from it. Many people love it so I am in the minority with that flavor it seems.

There are 2 different Cinnamon Red Hot flavors you can get from TPA. One is PG based and not as strong. The other is alcohol based and stronger. I use this flavor to create TH for those that can't seem to get enough from other flavors.

There you have my :2c: Good luck to you.
After listening to the advice hear I'm getting decent mixes... I was using way too much, the only good mix I made was 6% peach 6% and 1%cinnamon red hot, loved it and it got dark color after a couple of days and settled

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
After listening to the advice hear I'm getting decent mixes... I was using way too much, the only good mix I made was 6% peach 6% and 1%cinnamon red hot, loved it and it got dark color after a couple of days and settled

You will find that once you have been mixing for a bit, you will know when a mix is ready to vape by the color it turns. :)

Mine don't normally turn too dark but, they do at least get a tint of color when they have reached perfection.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I started vaping 9 months ago, stopped for a few due to the high cost of buying premiums... a 30ml lasts me 2-3 days. After 2 months of searching I finally found a diy supplier in Egypt and started mixing a week ago. I'm hoping I can come near premium flavours though... btw why is the DIY juice much lighter in color?
Would be most likely the flavorings. I have one that turned amber color in a couple days. Seems like the sweeter ones do that quicker. In time they will get somewhat of a lighter amber color. Most of mine are lighter in color. Quite a few actually stay really light in color to almost clear. :D

Reactions: RainSong

dox95

Oct 5, 2016
Would be most likely the flavorings. I have one that turned amber color in a couple days. Seems like the sweeter ones do that quicker. In time they will get somewhat of a lighter amber color. Most of mine are lighter in color. Quite a few actually stay really light in color to almost clear. :D
The shake and vape mix u recommend is going great was a bit harsh but not got a bit of an amber and is smoothing out, ur awesome!

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I believe its from the banana flavor if I remember. Give it a couple days to mellow out. I am glad you like it. Remember now, you are one that likes lower percentages if you thought that tasted good. ;) Any high mix recipe that you see that you would like to try, try to keep it around 5-10% total flavor of all flavors combined. Say one uses 15% total, make yours around 7- 10% based on ingredients, If there is a flavor that is only .5% in the high mix you should use .25% and so on. Only thing hard is 1 drop but rarely do I see those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread