DIY props to BlueMist Vaping (bluemistvaping.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpow12

Jul 31, 2011
Westerville, OH, USA
It was BlueMist vaping (bluemistvaping.com) that has opened my eyes to becoming a true DIY enthusiast and to my knowledge this recipe will ONLY work with their quote, "Gourmet Flavors for DIY". This is because of their unique Diluted/Pre-Mixed blends of Zero PG/VG flavorings that are made with bases of water, ethyl alcohol, and natural & artificial flavors ONLY. This recipe will not work with concentrated flavorings.

Their unique blends of flavorings for DIY have helped me in creating what I believe to be the perfect recipe for those that prefer a low nicotine strength level (8mg in this recipe). This recipe will work on ALL of BlueMist vaping "Gourmet Flavors for DIY".

** I have been vaping this recipe on a 3.7V batt with Genuine JoyeTech Regular 510 attys (2.2-3.0 oHms) **

[ FYI: In using this calculation, you can create a 10ml batch of 70/30 PG/VG mix with 30% flavor. When looking at the numbers, you will see that in reality 70/30 (2.3333) is being converted to 49/21 (2.3333). This is because 30% of your calculation is flavoring (again, you are using Zero PG/VG flavoring). 49+21+30 = 100(%). ]

---

RECIPE:

Unflavored Nicotine Liquid --> 36mg Vaping Nicotine Concentrate (All PG)
** USE 22% (W/ NIC) PG PER 10ML "70/30 PG/VG MIX" RECIPE (2.2ML) **

Propylene Glycol (PG)
** USE 27% (W/O NIC) PG PER 10ML "70/30 PG/VG MIX" RECIPE (2.7ML) **

Vegetable Glycerin (VG) --> "USP Verified"
** USE 21% (W/O NIC) VG PER 10ML "70/30 PG/VG MIX" RECIPE (2.1ML) **

BlueMist Vaping Flavoring(s): Diluted/Pre-Mixed
** USE 30% FLAVORING PER 10ML "70/30 PG/VG MIX" RECIPE (3ML) **

VAPE ON!!!

-DPow

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have been using BMV products for over a year since I had to switch to all VG. Albeit the OP is a spammer, BMW gets a thumbs up from me.

30% flavouring??? BMV flavouring strengths are 12 and 15% (not afraid to tell folks) and at those rates they taste just like the originals.

In light of Houston we have a problem, BMV pasts the test.

dpow12

Jul 31, 2011
Westerville, OH, USA
I can assure everyone that I am not in any way affiliated with BMV, it is just that I am a huge fan of their products. I find their flavorings easier to work with than using "drops", which is the more common method used in DIY recipes. I am an avid vaper, but again I do not work for/with BMV. And to be very clear, I am CERTAINLY not a SPAMMER; only a regular member like everyone else on ECF. My recipe is only a suggestion based off of my experiences with their products.

In regards to the Switched post, your questioning is totally legit; as I too thought 30% FLAV would have been a bit excessive when I started DIY with BlueMist Vaping "Gourmet Flavors for DIY". But after much experimentation, I came to realize that 30% FLAV is a perfect percentage for me based on my actual PG/VG mixture itself.

It is a common factor that usually flavor is decreased when more VG is introduced. Since my 70/30 PG/VG recipe calls for more VG than BlueMist Vaping's premixed ejuices, the flavor percentage in my recipe is slightly higher to acquire the right taste & aroma.

In playing around over the past 2 years, I have come to personally enjoy a 70/30 PG/VG mix the best (with the right mixture of flavoring). As you may already know, PG is runnier and adds better flavor to the ejuice. VG is thicker and adds more vapor, but reduces taste and throat hit. So, ideally you want a good mixture of both. The ideal ejuice will contain both PG and VG balanced to provide a great tasting, vapor producing, and throat hitting ejuice.

I hope this helps explain my reasonings. My recipe is simply a recommendation based on what I have experimented with BlueMist Vaping "Gourmet Flavors for DIY" and there is no correct way in DIY... it is all preference.

GOOD LUCK IN DIY & VAPE ON!!

-DPow

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I can assure everyone that I am not in any way affiliated with BMV, it is just that I am a huge fan of their products. I find their flavorings easier to work with than using "drops", which is the more common method used in DIY recipes. I am an avid vaper, but again I do not work for/with BMV. And to be very clear, I am CERTAINLY not a SPAMMER; only a regular member like everyone else on ECF. My recipe is only a suggestion based off of my experiences with their products.

In regards to the Switched post, your questioning is totally legit; as I too thought 30% FLAV would have been a bit excessive when I started DIY with BlueMist Vaping "Gourmet Flavors for DIY". But after much experimentation, I came to realize that 30% FLAV is a perfect percentage for me based on my actual PG/VG mixture itself.

It is a common factor that usually flavor is decreased when more VG is introduced. Since my 70/30 PG/VG recipe calls for more VG than BlueMist Vaping's premixed ejuices, the flavor percentage in my recipe is slightly higher to acquire the right taste & aroma.

In playing around over the past 2 years, I have come to personally enjoy a 70/30 PG/VG mix the best (with the right mixture of flavoring). As you may already know, PG is runnier and adds better flavor to the ejuice. VG is thicker and adds more vapor, but reduces taste and throat hit. So, ideally you want a good mixture of both. The ideal ejuice will contain both PG and VG balanced to provide a great tasting, vapor producing, and throat hitting ejuice.

I hope this helps explain my reasonings. My recipe is simply a recommendation based on what I have experimented with BlueMist Vaping "Gourmet Flavors for DIY" and there is no correct way in DIY... it is all preference.

GOOD LUCK IN DIY & VAPE ON!!

-DPow
Hey all is cool! But get some miles under your belt. You do not mention which flavour in your recipe?? 30% is over the top. You came about looking like spammy, and you are corroborating yourself! I have been at this going on 2 years, and seldom do I go over 15%. I understand taste is subjective... I have used a variety of BMV's flavours and none have been used above 15% and I consider myself heavy on flavouring. AAMOF I prefer the majority of their flavours between low and top.

BTW I am a 100% VG vaper (not by choice) and VG only requires a % or 2 above the norm.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
How expensive are these flavorings? 30% could be a bit pricey as the flavoring is the highest cost component we use in diy.
Extremely reasonable IMO, as well as their juice price. When I had to move away from PG, BMV was one of the sites that offered pure VG falvours. I had heard of the Caramel Tobacco (my ADV) and ordered a bunch with flavouring samples. Following their site recommendation of 12 and 15% my mixes were bang on. They also carry Seadmans Concentrates (unavailable for us Cannucks from Seadman). Canada being under a ban, ordering flavours to DIY is a no brainer. I have patronized BMV since Oct 2010.

How expensive are these flavorings? 30% could be a bit pricey as the flavoring is the highest cost component we use in diy.

Hi AzPlumber,

As Switched mentioned, BMV is quite good at providing affordable pricing with their flavors. You can currently get a 30ml of BMV flavoring for roughly $10 (plus S/H); that should go a long way (lol, even for someone like me that uses a high % of FLAV in DIY). Personally, I am a fan of BMV's tobacco blend flavors. I would recommend trying their Cherry Tobacco, Caramel Tobacco, Vanilla Tobacco, or Honeysuckle Tobacco flavorings. Though my wife is also a tobacco blend fan, she has also become quite fond of BMV's Tropical Island, Dewy Fruit, and Fizzy Cola flavorings as well.

But there are currently almost 150 DIY flavors to choose from through BMV, so have fun finding some new favs and maybe even a new ADV!! My ADV, for nearly a year now, is BMV's Cherry Tobacco.

Hope I was able to help,

DPow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread