DIY still sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
If you are doing shake and vape with a subtank you might be doing it wrong.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. In recipes they say shake and vape no steeping necessary but they dont say they are using rda for that but I was guessing thats the case. Thanks for all your tips you give me everything helps.

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
Guys guys guys. I've been doing DIY since October 2015. After almost a year I still didnt make not even one perfect ejuice. Researching, trying but nothing. Even if I make some of your proven recipes I still dont get a good ejuice.
Im using Kanger Subtank Mini and I see most of you use RDA's so thats might be a problem with my flavor tasting.
This morning I made this recipe they just said shake and vape no steeping necessary but I feel no flavor at all:
Fuji apple FA 4%
Shashi Strawberry INW 5%
Marshmallow 1%
2 drops sweetener
I made 10ml 70vg/30pg 6% nic
I feel no flavor at all
After trying a few hundred different recipes, I have a few dozen that are really really good and about 10 that are great and awesome. I could actually survive on just one or two of the great ones if I had to as they are that good.

I don't have much in the way of original creations but there are so many great recipes out there so I feel little need to attempt to reinvent the wheel. I do experiment at times and I will also modify some of the recipes I find to suit my taste or make them less of a coil gunker.

If you are confident that your supplies are good then just keep at it.
With the deeming regs hanging over our heads, DIY is the best choice IMHO.
I suspect pre-made juice will be getting very expensive in the not too distant future unless a miracle rescues the vaping industry.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
First, shisha strawberry isn't as concentrated as the regular inawera flavors, e.g. there regular strawberry is 2-3%. People use the shisha usually between 5 - 10%, generally 8%.

About RDAs, then I use them exclusively and highly recommend them, but it's BS to say that you need an RDA to taste the flavors, lol... Yes, it's often heightened in an RDA but e.g. your subtank is perfectly fine and you don't need to upgrade to anyting unless wanting too, no matter tfv4 or RDA or anything else, as your subtank is just fine ;) I used a subtank hapilly myself for some time before changing to RDAs. You just need to get better at DIY through training/doing it :) Check you nic through unflavored also as stated...

If your mix is changing flavor from one mix to the next as you also stated in one of your posts, then you're either doing something wrong or some ingredient has gotten bad e.g. in the heat, but it's more likely an error on your part... Of course the mixes you compare needs to be steeped(or not) comparatively...

Last edited:

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
After trying a few hundred different recipes, I have a few dozen that are really really good and about 10 that are great and awesome. I could actually survive on just one or two of the great ones if I had to as they are that good.

I don't have much in the way of original creations but there are so many great recipes out there so I feel little need to attempt to reinvent the wheel. I do experiment at times and I will also modify some of the recipes I find to suit my taste or make them less of a coil gunker.

If you are confident that your supplies are good then just keep at it.
With the deeming regs hanging over our heads, DIY is the best choice IMHO.
I suspect pre-made juice will be getting very expensive in the not too distant future unless a miracle rescues the vaping industry.

I think the whole problem with my recipes is because I follow the recipe and use the tank while whoever created the recipe created it for RDA.
Juice is already expensive. $12-15 for 15 ml and lets say you vape it in 5 days. Pack of ciggs in some states is $3-3.50 so you spend the same money plus you need to invest more money in mods tanks coils etc. yeah vapin is better for you but after they attack peoples pockets they will give up.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@MC Vape - After reading all of your posts, I've noticed that when you talk about the flavorings you're using...you give the amount of each in %, which is right. But, you also refer to the nic you're using in %, like it was a flavoring as well. That definitely could be a problem!

You've not said what mg of nic base you're using and inputting into the calculator, nor what mg of nic you want to end up with in your finished eliquids you're making.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
@MC Vape - After reading all of your posts, I've noticed that when you talk about the flavorings you're using...you give the amount of each in %, which is right. But, you also refer to the nic you're using in %, like it was a flavoring as well. That definitely could be a problem!

You've not said what mg of nic base you're using and inputting into the calculator, nor what mg of nic you want to end up with in your finished eliquids you're making.

Oh ok Im sorry. I use ejuice me up calculator.
My nic is 100mg/ml
I end up with 6mg of strenght in my ejuice but I used to go from 10-12mg before.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Make a single-flavor mix with shisha-strawberry at 10% which will be a nice vape all on it's own... When I started DIY, I just made single-flavor mixes of either strawberry, or pear or apple, and those where perfectly fine vapes which I prefered to using online recipes from people you don't know's taste-preferences...

Also, maybe try making your recipe as 50/50 PG/VG which can help the flavor come through better...

Reactions: KentA

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Make a single-flavor mix with shisha-strawberry at 10% which will be a nice vape all on it's own... When I started DIY, I just made single-flavor mixes of either strawberry, or pear or apple, and those where perfectly fine vapes which I prefered to using online recipes from people you don't know's taste-preferences...

Also, maybe try making your recipe as 50/50 PG/VG which can help the flavor come through better...

Will try it at 10% thanks.
I was using 50/50 in the beginning but I jumped to 60/40 just to get more vapor

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Just made a build at this Igo-W5
Still there is no flavor I mean there is little more flavor than in my Kanger Subtank mini but its still bad.
Single micro coil 1.10 ohm vape it at 20W
Honeydew mix is even better in Kanger than it this dripper.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread