DNA 30 chip problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is my 2nd post but got a problem with a dna 30 chip i bought from an ebay seller. I need to find out if its defective or I am missing something. I currently have the dna chip jumped to a dual 18650 craddel that ive wired in parallel. Display powers on and I can move wattage up and down with no problem. But everytime I put an rda on my 510 I get a "low voltage" error. I have tried a build thats at .39ohm and one at 1.95ohm. Both builds are currently working in mech mods. Also, Ive gone as far as pulling everything back out of the hammond box and wiring it together on a table to try to locate the problem. Ive tried only using 1 18650 battery and trying 2 in the craddel. If I move it all the way down to 7watts I can power the 1.95ohm build only. If I move the wattage up at all it pops the low voltage error again. Any ideas?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
well, first off, dna30 won't fire an 0.39, have had one fire a 0.4 but it bypasses the chip and goes direct voltage. Do you have resisters in line too??

The best place to get help would be the Mike n Tibs DNA Mods thread. Is a whole slew of people that have successfully built a dual batt dna boxes.

If it says hana modz dna, then it's likely and legit Evolv DNA chip, since that's what Hana uses.

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

I have one of these chips.I ordered it as my first build and when i got it i looked and was like well.I then got on line and found a sx350 60 watt chip.Now i just tossed the dna 30 clone in a box of parts and if i get bored might build it for a friend just to get him started on vaping.I am half way into my sx350 build and well it is simple if you do the research and buy real chips not clones.

Well the ebay seller isn't giving me any straight answers and this low voltage error is really racking my brain. ive went all the way down to a single 18650 and did a fresh single coil build at 1.88 to diagnose the problem. full charge on battery and still getting low voltage. i checked my volts coming from my cradel and im at 3.7 volts into the board. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread