Do Kiosks help or hurt E-cigs image in the public eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsinner

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
Cyprus
I don't think that an e-cig kiosk can work, kiosks are for eye catching impulse buys, the most successful ones being T-shirts kiosks and women's accessories ones (ok ok candy ones too) and e-cigs don't fall into the category. Throw in bad quality overpriced e-cigs and you've got people thinking it's one of those infomercial products they've tested and rejected. I know that was my reaction to them when I first saw one.

However personally I would love to have a local physical store for e-juices and parts, would never have to worry for post time if I'm in need of something, I don't think the current market can support it unfortunately.

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
There is a local mall kiosk and they do sell 510s and eGos, juice and atomizers, but at high prices. I'm not sure but I believe that it is $60 for a 510 kit and $150 for an eGo (joye) and juice at $25 for I believe 10ml. Though in comparison to other kiosk, it is reasonable. At least they are selling quality products. Of course, I talked to the salesmen and they were not informed or feigned ignorance. They told me a small bottle of juice would last as long as 2 cartons of cigarettes. I really don't have too much of a problem with a kiosk like this because, even though it is overpriced, they are selling a stable product. I do have a problem with exaggerated claims, but that seems to go hand in hand with mall kiosks. I would send someone there to try out the product, but would never recommend someone to buy the products because of the prices. Hopefully alot of people try it, google it before they put the money down and end up here.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
There is a local mall kiosk and they do sell 510s and eGos, juice and atomizers, but at high prices. I'm not sure but I believe that it is $60 for a 510 kit and $150 for an eGo (joye) and juice at $25 for I believe 10ml. Though in comparison to other kiosk, it is reasonable. At least they are selling quality products. Of course, I talked to the salesmen and they were not informed or feigned ignorance. They told me a small bottle of juice would last as long as 2 cartons of cigarettes. I really don't have too much of a problem with a kiosk like this because, even though it is overpriced, they are selling a stable product. I do have a problem with exaggerated claims, but that seems to go hand in hand with mall kiosks. I would send someone there to try out the product, but would never recommend someone to buy the products because of the prices. Hopefully alot of people try it, google it before they put the money down and end up here.

You mean like how a prefilled carto is good for 200 puffs, or a whole pack, and that a supermini battery is supposed to last equally as long? I hate those claims.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Personally, I think that the e-cigs at malls do actually hurt people's perception of vaping. They cost a LOT and don't work worth crap. Made a mistake like most others and bought a smoke51 Trio. Ended up smoking cigs again for a few years before trying again. It creates the stigma in the public eye that e-cigs just don't work.

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
Basically only ones you see here in Korea are eGo and eGo clones, but at stupid high prices (140 for an eGo set is cheap). Juice runs around 35-40 bucks for 20ml. ONE 510 atty is 40 bucks.

But, at least they are good parts... and they are selling like crazy. I see people all over Seoul using them now.

Sandrita

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
They good thing about kiosks is they are allowing the more wider public to discover e cigs just ask most people on this site how they discovered e cigs! Unfortunately they tend to sell overpriced rubbish that puts people of the idea of e cigs. I think if they sold better products at cheaper prices then kiosks would be a great idea!

incantius

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
tennessee
I should have pulled the PV out of my pocket and demonstrated. Of course, there'd be no way for her to sample, but I could have directed her to ECF. My bad!

There are opportunities everywhere, regardless of business or evangelizing.
i generally have "condoms" in my carrying case...in a pinch you could cut the end off the condom and put it "most" of the way over the carto and let 'em take a hit...then toss the carto afterwards lol

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
i generally have "condoms" in my carrying case...in a pinch you could cut the end off the condom and put it "most" of the way over the carto and let 'em take a hit...then toss the carto afterwards lol

If you enjoy sharing the PV experience with folks grab a pack of 'prefilled' cartos and keep them with you. Those usually come either individually blister wrapped, or in a push through pill pad. When you wanna let someone try it they can SEE you pop it out fresh. You can usually find them in 808 format from $6 to $8 for a pad of 5 at places like www.vapesafe.com , www.smoketip.com , v4l , bloog , etc.

Of course you could find a little blister wrap machine (or little zip lock baggies) and keep a fresh/clean/filled carto in one ready to go. They get to see you pull it out and screw it on etc...........

Also, if you order in bulk direct from china...there are several disposable units w/battery out now that are getting cheap enough to pass out to smoker friends to try without breaking the bank. The ones GotVapes has are quite nice (CE2 based I think and rated at around 400 puffs) and under $10 each now retail price...if you wanted a bulk order they're probably quite a bit less expensive that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread