Do many others use a 80vg/20pg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
Hey I see a lot that do use 70vg/30pg I am wondering if the 80vg/20pg is going to be to thick or if many of you have tried this or have reasons that you would advise against it. I know people do vape 100% vg but I don't think its truly 100% as it would likely be watered down or diluted in some way.

--I should probably post that right now I am working on making unflavored juices as they have that nice sweet taste, this is one of the reasons I am going heavy VG and that my friend was having that throat irritation that can come from high pg blends so i wanted to try this, and I think it will be smoother/sweeter unflavored.

Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited:

myxomatosis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
KC
www.facebook.com
I like to use as little PG in my blends as possible. It's thick and can be hard to work with but warming it will help thin out the viscosity temporarily. After that, it's all downhill. Some atomizers will wear a little quicker the thicker the juice, and may not wick as well, but I haven't ran into ANY issues using the AeroTank.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I use almost 100% VG, the only PG in my juices is what comes from some of the flavors that are PG based. Distilled water will thin it out, and if you like more of a throat hit (PG gives more throat hit, VG gives more vapor) you can thin it out with vodka instead. The vodka will thin it out and also provide a throat hit that you lost by not using PG. I use Kanger ProTanks and Nova top coils, and no problems with clogging at all. :vapor:

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
perfect thanks for the responses very helpful, I was hoping not to have to worry about using distilled water so I figured id use the lowest PG amount to make up for it to start off here. ill see how it goes :) also using an aero tank and liking it as my main vapor along with my iclear30s but you cannot rebuild coils for your iclear30s (that I know of) which sucks :( but its a great tank too

badwolf91

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Iowa
lol everyone told me VG was thick but OMG. I think I ended up with 25%/75% which might be more where I got with not adding water but now that I have it bottled it doesn't seem overly viscous. I had my full chem splash suit on and respirator/goggles and sat for 5 hours measuring my base into 60 ml bottles to freeze except the one im using and then made 60 ml of unflavored and it actually looks pretty good in the bottle, did a nic test and came at 23.6ish and 24.3 so I think I hit my 24mg goal! I think the next batch I will have much more knowledge as your first go is probably always a bit crazy but im glad I went with higher nic content base , but I would tell somebody who is not thinking they need to fully protect to go lower as it can iritate your eyes so protecting every spot on your body is vital, plus using the syringes you can get little squirts when flicking air bubbles (at least I have previous syringe experience tht helped) and as noted you HAVE to be prepared for a spill no matter what even though I didn't spill per say but I had some dribbles here and there. it seems I came out with more like 55ml than 60 idk probably the loss of a few because how viscous it is, I may need a fatter funnel.

very fun though cant wait to really perfect this and start adding a few flavors (probably the harder part to perfect) going to give it a taste shortly :)

Hey I see a lot that do use 70vg/30pg I am wondering if the 80vg/20pg is going to be to thick or if many of you have tried this or have reasons that you would advise against it. I know people do vape 100% vg but I don't think its truly 100% as it would likely be watered down or diluted in some way.

--I should probably post that right now I am working on making unflavored juices as they have that nice sweet taste, this is one of the reasons I am going heavy VG and that my friend was having that throat irritation that can come from high pg blends so i wanted to try this, and I think it will be smoother/sweeter unflavored.

Thanks ahead of time!

Every day all day - 80/20 82/18 78/22 VG to PG depending on the amount of flavor. Flavor all pg, nic pg, the rest VG
My :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread