Do you vape more while drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TypeOholic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
I have noticed that I vape more while drinking just as I used to smoke more while drinking. I am interested to know if other people experience the same thing.

Do you vape more while drinking and if so, what is your vape of choice while drinking?

I have found that I LOVE a rich vanilla with warm vapor while drinking cold beer.

This is odd to me because normally eating something sweet before drinking beer makes the beer taste terrible. But, I am sitting here, drinking Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale and taking long slow pulls off of my KR8 loaded with vanilla and it is awesome!

So, do you vape more while drinking? If so, what do you like to vape?

Please post your answers.

vivictus

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2010
NoCal
I drink regularly. and I am finding that is whats the biggest issue with me quitting smoking. suring the day I can vape and be just fine, but when evening comes and I begin to have a couple beers, I have a smoke or two. Ugh, if it's not one thing it's another. At least I am just smoking one or two a night instead of a pack a day. And although I have the cough from quitting smoking still, most of the nasty crap is coughed out it seems, and the cough is mostly dry now. So, while I do smoke a couple (only when drinking!) I can feel my lungs healing even though it feels like I have bronchitis. ;)

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
I vape a lot more when I'm drinking and I also drink rather regulary. To give you an idea, a 510 Riva battery lasts me between 6 and 8 hours on a normal day. When I'm drinking, well, I can kill it in about 3-4 hours along with several soldiers. When I'm drinking though, I'll have a couple of cigarettes (at this point bummed from someone) just for the throat hit that I might not get from vaping.

The juices I like best while drinking are vanilla, Backwoods Maxboro, Honey Flue and RY4. If I'm getting a good throat hit (all depends on the cart/atomizer or carto), then I won't smoke.

I never got the quitting cough. But it is nice that I'm not up half the night coughing or sniffling with a post nasal drip and sinus problems. All of that pretty much stopped the second day I started vaping.

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
i've spent the last 20 years not only as a social drinker but also as a server, bartender, bar manager and so on. Not only did I smoke more when I drank but, since the most recent bar i was employed at is still a smoking establishment, just being around all those smokers while sober & working caused me to smoke/vape more.

Here's my findings so far. I'm a huge Guinness fan and I've found a few things I think go well with it. Anything vanilla seems to work, but the French Vanilla Latte from VelvetVapors is probably my favorite. Like the brew lady I am a big DogfishHead 60 minutes IPA fan, i found out last night that the cherry tobacco (BWB) and mixed berry (VV again) both worked nicely with it.

Just like with food certain flavors will compliment your beverage choice better than others. Stoudts and porters will probably work best with chocolate flavors or coffee flavors. Depending on the micro of your choosing any number of flavors will go well.

Since you're going to be vaping while drinking anyway, have a little fun with it and experiment.

Phorbin

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
I never drink beer or alcohol. Can't stand any of it, but I drink Pepsi all the time and have been drinking the same amount or more Pepsi than normal since I started vaping (except during this last hot summer, when I drank more Pepsi than normal). I'm trying to drink more water, but I go through four trays of ice cubes every day with the six cans of Pepsi.

Wilvin

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
.... Rapids,Mn
Well I don't drink much anymore, for some reason I was able to quit drink cold turkey. I do drink, but it is maybe once even 3 months. I used to drink Hefeweizen a lot when I was a drinker. I am new to vaping and don't know that many flavors. I know that citrus flavors go well with beer, and really well with Hefeweizen. Besides orange I have not seen too many citrus flavors. Lemon go very well with Wheat beers, and Lime with your more light beers like lagers. But I have not noticed either of those flavors online.

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
I started vaping with a KR808D-1 couples kit from Prime Vapor and ordered their dessert flavor variety pack. I found that their Coconut Joy pairs really well with Morgan and Coke. I have since tried DIY and Almond Joy to replicate the flavor and so far have failed. I'm going to have to order more of the Coconut joy for when I go out. :)

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
No matter what I am drinking.... be it a "Better Person (area 51 club drink)", Capt. & coke, or my precious Smirnoff Ice... I always vape my TV's Butter Rum. It is my official daily vape. Do I vape more whilst drinking? Aye..... Most definitely. I have gotten into the habit of carrying an extra atomizer, and an extra battery just for such occasions. Sometimes if I am nice I will be an extra kit with me for a fellow friend or two who wants to try it, along with plenty of carts. Always sharin' the wealth, and spreading the word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread