dodgy polls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
they will not kate.. Mrs witch finder general supreme..

i am pretty certain none will show up as well.. except perhaps one professional shill i know of but wont name.... mr send me some free products and i will spam your product.. it seems if u dont he does the opposite.. he he he

such folks do exist kate.. if u want to help them along its up to up...

trog

Personal attacks are unnecessary Trog, I was asking a simple consumer question.

It's no wonder you have so many enemies, you go out of your way to make them.

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
I was surprised to see any screwdriver votes, having not seen a bad word said about it (I own one, but have no loyalties and regard it as a DSE901 with a kick-... power source). Then again, we were all surprised to see the minifogger appear.

We can only hope that visitors stick around long enough to read more than a single poll, to get a more well-rounded opinion.

What we really need is a public poll where people can say which they have AND which of those they would not recommend. Complicated that would be, of course.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Personal attacks are unnecessary Trog, I was asking a simple consumer question.

It's no wonder you have so many enemies, you go out of your way to make them.

very true kate and u are one of em.. the only questions u ask me are cleverly loaded ones.. he he he

trog

ps.. i knew this thread would make me more enemies.. i did think it thru before starting it..

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I was surprised to see any screwdriver votes, having not seen a bad word said about it (I own one, but have no loyalties and regard it as a DSE901 with a kick-... power source). Then again, we were all surprised to see the minifogger appear.

We can only hope that visitors stick around long enough to read more than a single poll, to get a more well-rounded opinion.

What we really need is a public poll where people can say which they have AND which of those they would not recommend. Complicated that would be, of course.

when i saw one i thought fake.. when i saw five i knew %100 fake... he he he

someone is taking the p-ss... he he

trog

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
very true kate and u are one of em.. the only questions u ask me are cleverly loaded ones.. he he he

trog

ps.. i knew this thread would make me more enemies.. i did think it thru before starting it..

The only questions I usually ask you are straight ones and you rarely give a straight answer, you are shifty beyond measure. One of your tactics for avoiding particular issues is to make personal attacks so you don't have to deal with inconvenient truths.

You're attacking again on this thread. All you had to do was to answer my query but you decided you were ready for a fight instead.

nakli_dhumrapan

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2008
Illinois
www.jnanam.net
or product defense... he he

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-reviews/4294-device-dispreferences-poll.html

i am gonna call this one as fake...

course if its true i would be interested in finding out why some people voted as they did.. it might help us make better products.. course if it aint true i would like it taken down not sticked..

based on owner numbers alone of certain products (the mni fogger and the screwdriver) it has to be fake.. and an open invitation for anonymous brand name trolls to have a go...

who cares.. i care.. he he he

trog

Hey Trog - I'm not sure exactly why your undergarments seem to have got so tangled...

the dispreference poll was meant to be a companion poll to the preference poll. If you look at the latter, the Screwdriver did very well, the third most popular, right behind the kissbox (that the 901 is the most popular is unsurprising, since it's the one most people own).

Even if one thought all of the dispreference votes were genuine, that would still be a ratio of 17:5, which is still overwhelming positive. As an otherwise uninformed consumer looking at the two polls, I would see this as indicating that the screwdriver would definitely be a device to consider (and based on the video reviews of the s/d I've seen, something I would indeed personally consider, but, trog, I'm waiting for you to design a heavy-duty atomiser to go along with your heavy-duty battery ;) )

I think in polls one needs to allow for some error (including deliberate misrepresentation) -- but they still seem to be useful. They reveal, unsurprisingly, that the 901 is the most popular (since many people own it), and that the kissbox and s/d are also very well liked overall. More surprisingly, they reveal that the peewee/supermini is not so well liked -- and that's useful information.

As a compromise between 'onymous' preference/dispreference polls (which some people might feel worried about) and the danger of trolls in anonymous polls -- what about a non-anonymous ownership poll, correlated with anonymous preference/dispreference polls?

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
i was surprised to see so many votes for the screwdriver after seeing nothing but glowing reviews for it on forum...if those votes were true,then in proportion to sales,the screwdriver would be the most unsatisfactory ecig on the market...

i find this hard to believe,going by the only real evidence we have-owners public opinions and reviews-many from well known and trusted forum members...so if there are 5 unsatisfied forum members who would go so far as to say they wouldnt recommend it,then why havnt they said anything?

i only know of one person who wasnt satisfied,he voiced this on the forum,and it was sent back for repair with no unsavoury repercussions...so i dont buy that people are scared to voice any dissatisfaction in public...and i also think Trog is a man of his word...

i like privacy,and other polls can be private....but in light of this forums recent troubles,any poll of this nature should be public...even if people arent abusing it,its open to accusation of abuse...

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
Thing is the wording of that poll is a bit vague. It doesn't ask which device you're least happy with just which one you wouldn't recommend. I have the SD and I'm happy with it but I haven't recommended it to friends. The reason for this is they are new to e-smoking and want to try it for the first time. If I advised them to buy a hundred quid device that looks nothing like a ... with a big button on the end of it they'd tell me to piss off.

That's how I read the poll initially anyway, it wasn't until I perused the coments that I realised it was a satisfaction poll.

judasburrito

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2008
Jesus...
OK, my intent was for the poll to yield some useful data for someone new to e-cigarettes (what should they start out with?) and get some idea how many people are genuinely satisfied/dissatisfied with their equipment, not just which one is the most commonly owned. I think Trog's thrown the baby out with the bathwater here. At this point, I know that if I were an unhappy screwdriver owner (theoretical though such a creature may be), I'd certainly rather not vote it down publically on the off chance that Trog start harrassing me.

I re-iterate my previous exhortation: Make a better poll. There's certainly need for SOME sort of up-to-date device preference poll.

EDIT: I see Steve's done just that. Thanks Steve.

Last edited:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Jesus...
OK, my intent was for the poll to yield some useful data for someone new to e-cigarettes (what should they start out with?) and get some idea how many people are genuinely satisfied/dissatisfied with their equipment, not just which one is the most commonly owned. I think Trog's thrown the baby out with the bathwater here. At this point, I know that if I were an unhappy screwdriver owner (theoretical though such a creature may be), I'd certainly rather not vote it down publically on the off chance that Trog start harrassing me.

I re-iterate my previous exhortation: Make a better poll. There's certainly need for SOME sort of up-to-date device preference poll.

EDIT: I see Steve's done just that. Thanks Steve.

whats with this harrassing rubbish... can we have less of it please.. it really is complete bollix.. its me that gets harrised not the other way around..

the bunnies have sharp teeth and there are plenty waiting for the chance.. the buggers scare me to death..

trog

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
whats with this harrassing rubbish... can we have less of it please.. it really is complete bollix.. its me that gets harrised not the other way around..

the bunnies have sharp teeth and there are plenty waiting for the chance.. the buggers scare me to death..

trog

... I wish I could scare you to death ... that'd be cool :cool:

and you deserve it, nasty little man.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
ohhhh paper fight .....

matrix_big.gif

lol thats so funny , thats gonna be my flame gif from now on..lol

billyboy689

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
australia
anybody with the slightest amount of common sense can read the history of your posts and come the conclusion that you are only in it for the money and anything that effects that must be attacked and discredited

trog
you have manufacturer under your name yet dont want to be named in a poll because your not now ?

people who make a diy item the same as your diy item are to ridiculed in open posts and pm's as no good undercutting ruin it for everyone ie YOU profit takers

ive defended your item in pm's from people asking about mine
telling them to buy yours over my home made job

it must be a ..... to live with an ego like yours

ive had enough , i have my opinion , yours is obvious too

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
anybody with the slightest amount of common sense can read the history of your posts and come the conclusion that you are only in it for the money and anything that effects that must be attacked and discredited

trog
you have manufacturer under your name yet dont want to be named in a poll because your not now ?

people who make a diy item the same as your diy item are to ridiculed in open posts and pm's as no good undercutting ruin it for everyone ie YOU profit takers

ive defended your item in pm's from people asking about mine
telling them to buy yours over my home made job

it must be a ..... to live with an ego like yours

ive had enough , i have my opinion , yours is obvious too

lifes a ..... aint it.. i like that one kate.. "nasty little man" can i add it to "racist thug" and "sad old git.." all sweet names u have called me in the past.. he he

u just love playing word games my witch finder general supreme.. u just cant stand to lose em thow..

but in the usual way of this place some people can do as they like with nary a word said against them..

as for in it to make money... perhaps now it plays a part.. it never used to do thow.. i have only just started selling things..

i dont like to see the things i sell knocked ether by commercial interests or simply because some people just want to knock me...

and sadly your last comment about wishing u really could scare me to death kate is probably true... if u could i am sure u would..

anyway my initial concerns were quite valid and anyone who cant see they were is blind thru choice.. but i knew when i voiced them i would get sh-t.. its par for the course on this not overly friendly place so full of vested interests.. ..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread