Does anyone know what's the quit rate for vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
For my thirty v-verts, it's been 'bout 70% long term success rate. I think a large factor in that percentage is that I was available to aid them when they had issues and/or questions.

You are so right, it is nice when you have either this forum or someone who is experienced enough to know the pitfalls and help them get through the disappointments in things like equipment failures or even things like possible sensitivity to PG. I was lucky, I started with Blu, which is all VG. When I tried PG/VG juices, I quickly found out I was horribly sensitive to them. Another friend I know bought an ego over a year ago and tried it but put it away in a drawer for a year because it hurt her throat too much -- it was the PG sensitivity, which when she mentioned it, several vaping folks at work suspected right away. She went to VG and is doing really well.

I know if I had started with PG, there is no way I would have been happy with it and really not sure if I would have been willing to even try 100% VG juice. PG was THAT bad for me. I darn near had to go to the doctor over it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I think if the entire population of people who've tried an electronic cigarette were surveyed we'd find...

--20% success rate for those that bought a bad model and got no support
--35% success rate for those that bought a good model and got no support
--55% success rate for those that had support from someone using an electronic cigarette
--80% success rate for those that found this forum

NOTE: This is all just wild speculation on my part but hopefully someday we will have better information

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I've personally quit cigarettes with vaping..... Let me rephrase that...
I've personally quit cigarettes with vaping..... 3 times. haha.
OK I just typed like, 1500 words and erased it all. I hate when nobody reads my posts bcuz they are too long. Here goes:

I smoked Newports. My mother bought them for me all my life. New sin tax made them jump from $6.50 to $8.75. Had to quit. Moved to making my own. Less expensive, and MORE unhealthy! YUCK! I hated them and felt SOOO freaking guilty. Lungs hurt.

I quit with a 510 kit from an indian tobacco store. ran out of juice. smoked cigs until my new juice came in. when it came, I never ended up going back to vaping. continued to smoke. flash forward. wanted to quit again. old 510 batteries didn't work? ....... ended up buying these sleek, beautiful stainless steel 510 bats from booth in mall. cool. loved it. got on this forum and got jealous. bought a lavatube. vaped for 4-5 months. loved it. got free juices from member here... but all my cartos died. Girlfriend was smoking around me. Decided to go back to making my own and smoking. Flash forward... Here I am. About a month ago I quit the cigs again. MY 510 BATTERIES WERE BROKEN AGAIN!?!? WHY??? Had money saved up. Bought a bunch of stuff from MadVapes. A lot of 1st for me in that order. When it came in, maaaan, let me tell you: Vaping was BETTER THAN EVER! BEST throat hits I've ever experiences, and NO MORE MESS? This stuff is awesome.

I want this quit to be my LAST quit. I want to continue vaping for the rest of my life. NO MORE GOING BACK TO THE SMOKES. SCREW THE SMOKES. THEY KILLED MY FATHER AND THEY'LL KILL ME IF I GIVE THEM THE CHANCE! I could already have tumors growing in my damn lungs because those big tobacco A-HOLES got my money for 8 years, from 14 to 21. NO MORE!

So, its easy to quit.. But you need to stick with it. In my case, even though making my own cigs is cheaper than vaping.. (If you continue to buy the best juices and the newest tanks and more and more battery mods) But, vaping is better FOR me.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
I think it depends on the commitment to quit. I started last year with a piece of crap kit from a smoke shop.... those cartridges that tasted horrible. Got the SI Volt 78mms.... stuck with it for 4 months ish. All was good, not a single cigarette. Then I got caught in a family crisis and "didn't have time" for it. If you're gonna use small batteries and cartos, you have to be committed to charging and filling to make it. 3 months later I came back and got 4 78mm batteries, 2 Voltx X2 650mahs, and a bunch of juice. I smoked and vaped until vaping took over. I finally learned that if I had enough charged gear, I could trust vaping to get me through it. I now have all that gear plus a Zenesis mini that uses 18350s. I have 6 18350s and a rapid charger. 3 will get me through 24 hours. If I ever have an emergency, I could vape for about 4 days without charging anything. I'd be willing to bet my life savings that I won't go back to smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread