drinking beer and vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ween

Feb 12, 2011
Virginia
That was a huge concern of mine, too! Weather has been too cold and wet around here for the proper weekend ritual of sitting around the firepit putting away the brew while listening to the local college radio station, but my indoor testing reveals...

You definitely need a strong enough flavor to cut through the wet bubbles after a swig of beer. I agree that fruity ones (peach, mango, cherry) don't work to take the place of smoked cigs, although I haven't tried lime yet. I don't drink Corona, but I bet an accompanying vape of lime would be pretty cool for those who do. Around here, we usually start off with a 6 or 12 pack of Heineken before peeling open a cheap case of light Bud or MGD.

I've personally liked sharper tobacco flavored juice with beer - like Captain Black(from NoSmokeVA) or 555 or Pipe tobacco(both from JuicyVapor). Mixing in some Domestic from Johnson Creek also seems to help the taste cut through.

Since you like mint chocolate, I recommend you try a sample of Juicy Vapor's Mint-Aways. Much stronger flavor than JC's Mint Chocolate, for example. It's what I switch to at late night.

Remit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Canada
thevapingconnection.com
seems i have been able to stop my urge to smoke analogs while consuming some mind numbing carbonated lovliness another wise known as BEER, hehe i have a few juices but fruity sweet juices dont seem to make it when i want to drink what are your favorite drinking juices mine at the moment is mint choc chip

was just cleaning house in COD Blackops while vaping .... :)

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
lmao, Remit!!

For some reason I usually go for this 'love from above' 20%pg/80%vg mix (by primevaping) when the brewskies start flying :)

Same here Lord. And higher voltage, really helps it feel like a real cig.

Maureen: I hope you are right about Purecig, got some coming, and weekend fun with neighbors.

Cynnamin

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2010
Atlanta, GA
As a beer snob, it really depends on what you're drinking...

If you're drinking water (Budweiser, Miller, Michelob, etc.), anything is fine. ;)

If you're drinking a REAL beer, it really does depend. Here's some of my favorite combos!

St. Bernardus Abt. 12 - Caramel, Clove, Vanilla, Chocolate
Westmalle - Vanilla, Peach, Boston Cream Pie
Blue Moon Grand Cru - Mint, Pineapple
Rochefort 6, 8, 10 - White Chocolate, Chocolate, Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove
Weihenstephaner - Mint, Lemon, Cherry, Vanilla, Peach, Grape
Duvel - Caramel
La Fin Du Monde - Vanilla, Clove, Caramel
Fantome Saison - Vanilla, Clove, Caramel (This was my 30th birthday beer and I spent 70$ on two 750ml... It was so good!!!)

If you have no idea what any of those beers are, come to Atlanta and I can teach ya! :)

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
The day that finally sold me that vaping was going to work long term was my first night at the bar after getting my first PV.

I noticed that I was chain vaping, but had no cravings for the analogs, which was a good thing.

I've found that Bluemist's Robacco works well for me, as well as Crimson Cow (Red Bull). I also used the Grape Drink one night, but I think it was just a bit too weak to hit over the beer taste.

Overall, I think that the Red Bull is my favorite beer complimenting flavor. YMMV. It just goes well with it, as well as having decent TH and vapor production (I use 80/20 or 70/30 depending on the vendor)

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Great thread. I've only drank alcohol once since I dumped the analog cigs 2 weeks ago, and I smoked the Dekang Desert ship in 16mg. It wasn't spectacular, but it got the job done. I have no idea what would go with the harder liquors, but cheap domestic beer seems like it'd work well with anything nutty like an almond or a 555. I don't doubt that different juices go better with different beers, but universally I'd go with something nutty, maybe lemon/limey, or perhaps even a tobacco analog copy like USA or Virginia mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread