Dripper Reviews Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Rant on...

My apologies if there is another place for this.

I have been hearing all the rave about dripping on all the review videos on you tube and blogs, and I am begining to wonder if they are all getting paid?

I say this becasue all of them turn the darn things up like their taking a drink from it and never say a darn thing about leaking or mess.

I have looked at several over the last 3 months because it seemed so easy to change flavors without a lot of fan fair, and that part is true.

The false part is when the reviewer turns the darn thing up and vape from without a napkin to wipe juice off their noise hole, what a crock.

They must be only just wetting the wicks and leaving that deep juice well they brag about empty, what good is the juice well if it is left empty.

Well, I bought a Veritas as my first dripper because it was obvious this things design had been thought out...:vapor: and it just plain works...

They found a way to put the airflow into the middle of the darn thing and up off the deck so that unless you turn it upside down or blatantly overfill it, it does not leak...PERIOD.

The biggest problem I hate about a tank is if it leaks, naturally that is precisely why I have avoided the drippers.

Is there another dripper out there that has put as much thought into their design about what is obviously the biggest issue with dripper as the Veritas?

I mean really, I can imagine a dripper with the air holes being fed into the chamber via tubes that would allow multiple adjustable air holes, yet have the tubes extend far enough into the chamber that if the unit was laid down it would simply have the juice pool and not leak.

I am not an engineer and can see this, anyone know one of the engineers I can get in touch with and explain that this is an activity we like to do all the time and not just while sitting at the house where we can hold these darn things up right?

Or perhaps I should just accept that the techology stops with the simple 3 component masterpiece that is the Veritas?

Rant off...

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
What does that mean, if it has a well and you fill it up, is that over dripping?

What good is the well?

I fill the well on the Veritas, it doesn't leak... Just don't get it...

hey, no idea what a well is good for dripping much except for human error and gunk (if your device has that part covered no insurance needed).Have been dripping for 5 years and so no reason to cheapen my love for juice to not drip.Its all a choice, mine is to stay away from transfer stations( i like my butter straight up).

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
Seems like what you're looking for is a tank not a dripper. They both have their merits.

I just don't want the hassle of changing juices in a tank, I like to change flavors a lot and a tank is definitely not condusive to this. Incidentally this is precisely why I have so many tanks...

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
hey, no idea what a well is good for dripping much except for human error and gunk (if your device has that part covered no insurance needed).Have been dripping for 5 years and so no reason to cheapen my love for juice to not drip.Its all a choice, mine is to stay away from transfer stations( i like my butter straight up).

So... are you saying that most of the drippers out there only wet the wick and do not really use the well?

That actually would explain why my limited experience with the actual dripper versus the rave reviews i see, are not the same...

Thanks, you actually just explained a lot...

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
So... are you saying that most of the drippers out there only wet the wick and do not really use the well?

That actually would explain why my limited experience with the actual dripper versus the rave reviews i see, are not the same...

Thanks, you actually just explained a lot...

if that helps, and it is what I do all the time but may not be like others.Set in my ways is all.enjoy.Nothing wrong with treatin vape like any other joy slow and direct without any filler.

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
if that helps, and it is what I do all the time but may not be like others.Set in my ways is all.enjoy.Nothing wrong with treatin vape like any other joy slow and direct without any filler.

I'm really active and need to lay mine down in a hurry a lot. I just found that to be impossible with a dripper, until I found the Veritas.

Just went an Googled around and it so happens their is V2 made for a 26650 sized mod, which I figure the extra circumfrence should ehance and prolong the experience, just pulled the trigger on a complete set up, mod, battery, charger, and RDA.

I still can't figure out why all the reviews keep touting the "deep well" when it is pretty useless unless you drip with the unit straight up and down all the time.

Thanks for the quick and insight full replies, much appreciated.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
I'm really active and need to lay mine down in a hurry a lot. I just found that to be impossible with a dripper, until I found the Veritas.

Just went an Googled around and it so happens their is V2 made for a 26650 sized mod, which I figure the extra circumfrence should ehance and prolong the experience, just pulled the trigger on a complete set up, mod, battery, charger, and RDA.

I still can't figure out why all the reviews keep touting the "deep well" when it is pretty useless unless you drip with the unit straight up and down all the time.

Thanks for the quick and insight full replies, much appreciated.

I may not have given the touch of a good well.Some use them some do not.A deep welled device I love a deep well ad on some times seems restricting.Love a bottom feeder with a well just not in love with ad on wells that promise to much with restrictions.Your taste for now, tells me your needs will be met, congrats, night out.

TheJakeBailey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Austin,TX, USA
What does that mean, if it has a well and you fill it up, is that over dripping?

What good is the well?

I fill the well on the Veritas, it doesn't leak... Just don't get it...

Every dripper has a limit before it starts leaking. All you need to know is what that limit is, and then avoid going over it. Sounds like an oversimplification, but it really isn't, and this is coming from a chronic over dripper. your veritas WILL leak like crazy if you fill it over the air hole, it just takes quite a few drops to get it there. Constant refilling is part of the trade off when using a dripper as opposed to a tank, unfortunately. i haven't tried the big dripper or the Pontus, but those are options as well.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Ok, So, I drip... right now, Only my wicks are wet.
But On my way to work, I fill up the well. Allows me to not need to drip. I think the idea with filling the well, is still for a one time vape kinda thing. If i am filling my well, I aint gunna sit it down on its side.
If I did, I can close my airholes. I think the well though is more so one can drip right in the drip tip, without having to aim to the cotton, and have it reach the wicks eventually. not how I vape tho. I pull top cap off each time, and drip... why not....

GunMonkeyINTL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2014
NC
SOLUTION:
I call it the "Bouffant-Do" build.
Start with a deep-well RDA (I have a couple Magma clones, but any will do). Build in single-coil mode, and wick it looooong. I trim the wicks to about 1 1/2" or so on each side. One side gets wrapped around the side and gently stuffed down into the well, including the space between the posts, for filler. The other side gets wrapped around the opposite way, down into the side-well on that side, then back up, around the back, and laid back over the top, to the front, touching the coil.

I get exactly ZERO leaking, and, because the wick rides so high in the middle, I only have to remove the drip-tip and drip directly into the assembled RDA. As long as I drip slowly, it settles in and soaks the entire wick. I get about a ML on a fresh wick.

IMG_0741.jpg

Confuzzled1969

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2014
Gotebo OK
SOLUTION:
I call it the "Bouffant-Do" build.
Start with a deep-well RDA (I have a couple Magma clones, but any will do). Build in single-coil mode, and wick it looooong. I trim the wicks to about 1 1/2" or so on each side. One side gets wrapped around the side and gently stuffed down into the well, including the space between the posts, for filler. The other side gets wrapped around the opposite way, down into the side-well on that side, then back up, around the back, and laid back over the top, to the front, touching the coil.

I get exactly ZERO leaking, and, because the wick rides so high in the middle, I only have to remove the drip-tip and drip directly into the assembled RDA. As long as I drip slowly, it settles in and soaks the entire wick. I get about a ML on a fresh wick.

View attachment 378217

If you had some blue juice, that would be a Marge Simpson behive do... I will give that one a try on the 454 big block I have, that may just work on it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread