dse801 constant dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Vegas
www.myspace.com
I'm dripping alot. I take the cartridge out, don't even add any to the cartridge since it's visibly full, and just drip two maybe 3 drops onto the atomizer. It scares me since I read that you shouldn't do this with batteries that aren't sealed or closed off. Ive been carefull to do it under a light to get it right on the coil and watch it seep in after 1 or 2 seconds. Nothing seems wrong with the battery. But anyway, I have to keep dripping. The cartridges don't seem to work at freakin all. I haven't tried the mods yet but I was wondering:

Shouldn't I get more puffs from one - three drops on the atomizer than I'm getting?? I only get 3 puffs give or take.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I'm dripping alot. I take the cartridge out, don't even add any to the cartridge since it's visibly full, and just drip two maybe 3 drops onto the atomizer. It scares me since I read that you shouldn't do this with batteries that aren't sealed or closed off. Ive been carefull to do it under a light to get it right on the coil and watch it seep in after 1 or 2 seconds. Nothing seems wrong with the battery. But anyway, I have to keep dripping. The cartridges don't seem to work at freakin all. I haven't tried the mods yet but I was wondering:

Shouldn't I get more puffs from one - three drops on the atomizer than I'm getting?? I only get 3 puffs give or take.

Dammm you must be doing something wrong... I'm new to vaping and I barely started vaping with the same model you started with (dse801) and I use blank cartridges and doing a direct drip into the atty to prime it ... But then I'm good for a couple of hours... My dse801 cartridge took 15+ drops to fill and then I added 4 drops to prim the atty(I did this around 3pm) I started yesterday and my dse801 gave me good consistent hit after hit till about 8:00pm at night and swapped out the cartridge and gave me consistent hit after hit till the batteries ran out at midnight...

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Vegas
www.myspace.com
God what am I doing wrong??? Where did you get yours?? It might be the atty. I also didn't get blank carts. Mine were prefilled. I've used them as is, while primming the atty with 4 drops. The instructions said to do so. I got a couple good hits, then it would die down. I've also taken out the filling, squeezed the juice out, and dried it out. Then put juice in it, primmed the atty and tried that. Same thing. 3-4 puffs. I tried the pyramid tea bag mod and it only seems to double my puffs. 6-8 maybe. I'm not filling it all the way tho since I afraid of flooding my atty.

Out of everything I've treid so far, dripping directly onto the atty and taking 4 good puffs works the best for me. It's just very inconvenient.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I have never had much luck with the 801 carts and only drip with those. If you chain vape with the 801 it doesn't give the cart time to wick the liquid. There are some different cart mods in the modders forum but I tried the 801 carts with different devices and never got them to wick well. I tried the ptb like you said and also refilled my carts with fluval and still didn't have good results. I have not tried the blue foam. Maybe that would work better. I have gotten to the point where I just drip with all of the atomizers. If you don't want to drip then you might try cartomizers but you would have to buy an adapter to fit them.

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Vegas
    www.myspace.com
    yea I know. The dse801 has a good name, but it seems to be the most limited option. Because you're stuck with it unless you buy adapters and such.

I just tried the PTB mod with some of the original cartrige filler on top. Not much improvement.

I am chain vaping. I've only smoked 4 cigarettes in 2 days since I've had this thing, but I need to play with it constantly. My fingers smell like e liquid all the time. I can't even wash it off now. And I gone through three of the sample bottles that awesomevapor sent me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Unfortunately it is a bit of a learning curve. The only time I use the 801 any more is dripping on a high voltage unit. It gives tons of vapor especially if you tailpipe it. I have never used a standard 801 battery. I started with a 510 kit and then switched to mods and tried the different atomizers on those. I understand it is frustrating since you just bought that kit. Perhaps something else would work better for you. Don't give up though. E-cigarettes take a little experimenting but in the end you will feel alot better from not smoking.

mini_art

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2010
    Florida USA
    The only cart mod I found to really work well ( and I have tried a lot of them)
    is to take a ear bud (q tip) and cut the plastic center tube to fit just shorter then the length of the cart with an angle cut on one end. Insert into the cart in a corner then fill the cart full of rather compressed fluval .
    I can fill the cart from the top using this and can vape it dry each and every time with no leaking.
    Carts can be a pain but this one actually works. The little tube creates a air vent and
    the juice doesnt air lock in the cart .
    Other then this , I just drip at home. I started with cartomizers, but I really dont care for the taste of the filler in them.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    A, A
    rippspeed how fast are you vaping? I mean how often do you puff on your dse801?? Maybe I'm puffing more often than you. I can feel the atty get hot. It seems to not work as well when it's warm.

I guess I take in 5 consecutive hits ( what I mean is first you take a hit and before you exhale you start your second hit. And while exhaling you mid way you start taking in your second hit. exhale thru your nose and suck in vape in your mouth). doing this does give me a pretty strong throat hit. Thats why I'm ordering less nicotine on next batch of e liquid.

Dont get me wrong I get the atty pretty hot then I'll let it cool down for a couple seconds. I do this about 3 to 4 times and I'm good for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.

Did you order e liquid in a higher nicotine content???

Last edited:

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Vegas
    www.myspace.com
    No I got medium strength. Keep in mind, it's not the nicotine I'm having a problem with. It's that I'm not getting any vapor.

Today I woke up and the thing works even worse than ever. Now no matter what I do I can't get a decent hit.

The end of my breaths are full of air and not vapor. I only blow out vapor for the first 3rd of my exhale. And it's cold and flavorless and thin. It's simply not working anymore. I'mk starting to get ....... I've done everything right. And to hear that someone else got the same thing from the same place at the same time as me and having wondefull results it REALLY pissing me off.

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Vegas
    www.myspace.com
    Argh i just tried to take a puff! Nothing! New battery! Nothing! New cart! Nothing! Some juice on the atty! Nothing@ All I'm getting is the same sissy thin vapor as from the super-minis I bought at the mall and the smoke shops! If it weren't for this huge forum I in I'd think this whole e-cigarette .... is a huge scam!!!! I still kind of do!! I'm just having a hard time beleiving all these upstart companies could ban together to make this fake forum! Sounds rediculous doesn't it?!?! So did an electronic cigarette! This BS!

Last edited:

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    A, A
    No I got medium strength. Keep in mind, it's not the nicotine I'm having a problem with. It's that I'm not getting any vapor.

Today I woke up and the thing works even worse than ever. Now no matter what I do I can't get a decent hit.

The end of my breaths are full of air and not vapor. I only blow out vapor for the first 3rd of my exhale. And it's cold and flavorless and thin. It's simply not working anymore. I'mk starting to get ....... I've done everything right. And to hear that someone else got the same thing from the same place at the same time as me and having wondefull results it REALLY pissing me off.

Calm down brother... Stick in there man ...

do you want more vapor or throat hit or stronger sensation ????

I mean when I exhale I dont get much vapor sometimes... it just depends on when I exhale too, I hold it it for 2 to 3 seconds before exhaling ... I dont get cigar type clouds of vapor ... I get ok vapor most of the time...

Have you tried to blow your atty clean first and starting over ??? And how are you hitting your dse801 ???

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    USA
    If I were you I would nix carts all together and just drip. I drip 4 to 5 drops on a 510 and 6 to 7 on an 801 and I get 12 to 15 good drags doing this.

I did the carts back when I first started and I had all the same frustrations you're having plus keeping them clean, doing the straw mod and tea bags, etc. was just a pain. Dripping is so much easier to deal with and for me works so much better.

There are a lot of opinions out there. It's best to try different things until you hit on one that works for you. For me it was dripping without carts!

nomochokes

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    USA
    I have a PS Protege and it is a sealed device so no worries about that. If you are using an automatic device then yes you need to be very careful not to get any juice in the battery. If you are not using a mod then I recommend using a manual battery. It's been a while since I've used one but when I did I had no problems with juice getting inside and ruining the battery.

There is a definate learning curve with these things that's for sure but just stick with it and it will all click for you and these problems will be a thing of the past. I know...I've been there! It took a lot of trial and error but it all finally came together and I'm so glad I stuck it out.

I smoked for 40 years and nothing worked for me until I discovered this. Hang in there!:toast:

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    Vegas
    www.myspace.com
    I have a PS Protege and it is a sealed device so no worries about that. If you are using an automatic device then yes you need to be very careful not to get any juice in the battery. If you are not using a mod then I recommend using a manual battery. It's been a while since I've used one but when I did I had no problems with juice getting inside and ruining the battery.

There is a definate learning curve with these things that's for sure but just stick with it and it will all click for you and these problems will be a thing of the past. I know...I've been there! It took a lot of trial and error but it all finally came together and I'm so glad I stuck it out.

I smoked for 40 years and nothing worked for me until I discovered this. Hang in there!:toast:

i already ordered the manual battery. I got one 801 manual on thr way. Heard bad things about its button. But is it sealed??? I have 2 joye 302s on the way. A USB passthrough on the way with a wall wart. But i really doibt my probs are with the power. It seems more like atty or cartridge probs.

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2010
    A, A
    i already ordered the manual battery. I got one 801 manual on thr way. Heard bad things about its button. But is it sealed??? I have 2 joye 302s on the way. A USB passthrough on the way with a wall wart. But i really doibt my probs are with the power. It seems more like atty or cartridge probs.

man ... me and you are spend some cash at the same time buddy ...

I'm moving on from my dse801 ... this will still be my go to pv ... But I'm moving on to the prodigy v3 and the gg afs v2 ... I'm planning on going run it at 6 volts just to get my vapor hit... I just need to order some ejuice here pretty soon ...

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    Heisenberg,
    I love your name and avatar! Breaking Bad is the best show on TV right now! :toast: Anyway, I used an 801 for several months and I am now using 808 cartos. I have an extra 801 to 808 adapter that I can send you along with a few new 808 cartomizers. You can use them to get your nic while you play around with modding your 801 carts. As far as the 801, I found the straw mod works pretty good. You can read up on that in the modders section under cart mods. Another thing, if you are using a high bridge atomizer, they tend to pack the filler in the cart and it doesn't allow for proper wicking. Try pulling the poly fill out just a bit and trimming just a little of it off the top. Put the filler back in, using straight tweezers if you have them. Just be sure not to pack the filler in too tight. That little tip and the straw mod worked wonders for me. Hope that helps a little.
    Tracey :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread