Dual Carto and tank help needed please..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA
Howdy Folks,

Well, I got my 2 x ego 650 twists on the 18th of September and haven't picked up a stinkie since then. You guys helped me decide what gear to get in the first place and it was all good.

A month later and I've have one twist die, and one of the 2 vivi nova minis go bad. I vape alot more than I smoked. AltSmoke is replacing the twist, thanks Ethan. I then went out and bought a LavaTube and I can't seem to put the bad boy down. It's great. I find I'm vaping anywhere between 3.8 and 4.5 depending on the juice.

My question concerning dual carto tanks....which one? I see all kinds on a number of the sites out there (Madvapes, AltSmoke, Discount Vapers, etc), but I don't know (even after reading till my eyes bled) which tank and what ohm carto, will fit the bill for me.

So, I'm hoping for some suggestions from the folks who have used them with gear similiar to mine.
1) which tanks are good tanks for a heavy vaper
2) which cartos would you use, how many holes punched and at what ohms (I found charts for the singles but not for the doubles).

I want to thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Big Mac

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Probably the DCT 5 to 6 ml. If your now using a Lavatube I would recommend going to single coil cartos around 3 ohm. That's what I use with my Vmax or Lavatube and the vapor and flavor is great. Depending on the juice I vape between 4.3 to 5 volts.

i have used 1 and 2 holes and both worked well for me. I buy pre-punched so I don't have to mess with them.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
So, I'm hoping for some suggestions from the folks who have used them with gear similiar to mine.
1) which tanks are good tanks for a heavy vaper
2) which cartos would you use, how many holes punched and at what ohms (I found charts for the singles but not for the doubles).
For me the best full of vapor vape has come from Clearos and the Vivi nova. I get very frustrated with cartos and regular tanks. Cartos seem to be more of an art than science. When I do use my remaining tank I have to punch 2-3 holes for my thick juice.
I would recommend the Vivi nova first then in a very close second the rebuildable clearos. I think the are labled CE5's.
Here is some help on the ohms and volts thing also.
P2seQ.jpg View attachment 142082
The pic is a chart which I find useful and an XL spread sheet that will figure watts which is the real number to worry about. You want between 4-8 watts for good vaping in my experience the type of atty and the juice will vary the results a bit.
Hope this helps.
Vape em If you got em. LOL

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A tank is essentially just a carrier and container to hold juice until it can be fed to the heating coil. As long as it doesn't leak or fall off of your vaping device, it's done its job. I do have a preference for the material holding the liquids; I feel pyrex glass is superior to everything else, and polyproplylene is a distant second. I believe polycarbonate plastic should be discontinued, but that's MHO. Here are three quality cost-effective tanks that I own and recommend:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/340858-silver-bullet-help-plz-2.html#post7471028

The real issue with tanks is juice delivery to the heating coils. Cartomizer polyfill vs string wicks. Each has its pro's and con's. Neither will wick the thickest juices well.

To me, the string wicks mute flavor. That does not favor the vivi nova type tanks I have. Nice vapor production, and easy to clean and fill. That's all I'll say.

I've gotten more satisfaction from cartomizers. The key with them is keeping the polyfill moist w/o flooding and not burning the poly, which means keeping it moist and not burning it with too high of a voltage. Many people prefer to punch or dremel slot their own cartos, but I have had much better luck with the pre-drilled ones. I also prefer single coils over the dual coils. Just have on hand cartos with both single and double holes and choose the juices you put in them appropriately. Normal 50/50 pg/vg mixes get one hole, higher vg/all-vg get 2 holes.

Use the appropriate resistance carto with the voltage you are going to use/set.

I get my single coil tank replacement cartomizers here:

Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL

Best thing I have bought since I began vaping (aside from my Provari) is the Slap-yo-Moma tank adaptor tool from Big Daddy Vapor:

Slap Yo' Mama Adapter : Big Daddy Vapor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread