E-cig leak safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
Not normal. You've got too much liquid in your cartridge, and your atomizer is probably flooded. This will cause weak vapor as well.

Take apart the ecig and blot the cartridge filler with a paper towel until there's no liquid pooled on top of the cartridge.

Then blow into the atomizer (from the battery end) while holding the paper towel over the other end, to catch the excess liquid.

Reassemble, and you should be good to go...

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
Could still be a flooded atomizer - do you hear a gurgling or hissing noise when you draw on it? If so, you've still got too much liquid in there.

You could also have a dead battery - is your LED lighting up when you pull? You said this is your first time using it your ecig, and batteries aren't always shipped from the factory with a full charge. You may have better results if you stick the battery on the charger for a couple hours...

Micah

Sep 14, 2009
Dallas, GA
Its fully charged, charged it before i tried. Its working agian after blowing into the atomizer and padding it agian with the paper towel. Still getting liquid though after doing everything above, I also even tried another cartridge with the same result. I got it from a Tobacco shop nearby wonder if they Messed with it before selling it. It was their Last one.

jamie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Its fully charged, charged it before i tried.
Sounds to me like it is not fully charged. In my experience ecig batteries are not fully charged when the light turns green... they generally need several more hours on the charger.

You can check the voltage yourself if you are uncertain. There are instructions on this to find if you search the forum. Sorry I don't have a link.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I just got the "Smoking Everywhere Gold" and put on the first cartridge, and when i Inhale it does the vapor just fine (but pretty weak) and it shoots a liquid in my mouth and on my lip. Is this normal or is this a malfunction?

Actually this is very normal for this model for people starting out. Both 'no vapor' and 'juice in the mouth' are the most cited problems with Smoking Everywhere, Njoy, Blu cigs that use the 4081 atomizer or superminis.

But that doesn't mean it has to happen all the time. Check out this forum where there are some people who may be able to help you avoid these problems:

RN 4081 *Super Mini* - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
This is usually normal for any person new to vaping. You're drawing too hard & fast. E-cigs are not the same as smoking, and you have to work on your technique. There is a learning curve. You can't just take it out of the box, and start puffing on it, and expect it to act like a standard cigarette. You'll get the hang of it shortly.

Hawkeye

Moved On
Sep 14, 2009
I disagree that this is "normal" for new people to vaping. It is normal for this model. You should not be made to feel like you are doing something wrong because you are not.

There are many models that you can take out of the box and vape with little issue or problems. Hundreds of new posters on this site have stated that. I agree with Kent that if you want to continue to use this model, there is a big learning curve but it is not due to your error. It is due to the device. You are not the problem.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Realized I've been Baited
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread