Status
Not open for further replies.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Ordered a V2 cig, used it the first time and never touched another cigarette. I am now using a Twist with the Nova Mini and love it. I will never go back. I have even been in the car with a buddy that smokes and the smell of it makes me sick. Never had a craving but I do find myself with so much extra time on my hands now that I am not running outside every 30 minutes for a smoke that I sometimes wander the house aimlessly. My wife and daughter tease me about being a lost soul now.

JenTravels

Aug 26, 2012
Long Beach
Haven't quit yet but order my e-cig today I smoke 40+ hand rolled cigs a day.. I have to quit and I am going to try cold turkey, I had my first heart attack at the age of 39 my doctor told me I wont live to see my kids grow up.. This is basically my last hope, My plan is just to vape my back side off I ordered the 18mg sample kit and the 24... I figure if that carving comes up I will just rember how my wife and kids looked when they thought I was dying and how scared I was... I know I need help the conventional prescription and non prescription alternatives out there juust don't work for a heavy smoker. And also I figure if I do feel like I am going to break down and smoke this place will be where I will come for support.. My personal CA meeting Cigarette Anonymous.

Holy cow! YOU CAN DO IT! We'll all support you!

Keep coming back, posting questions and getting encouragement. Quitting for you will most certainly be hard since it seems like you're being "forced" into quitting rather than just not wanting to smoke. But, our health is definitely most important.

If you have a craving...vape away! That's what that nic is in there for!! If you absolutely can't live without the cigarette, smoke one...but just know that it's slowing your progress NOT STOPPING IT. Gooooo j3000!

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Once I picked up my first PV I never looked back as far as the physiological addiction. They say it takes about 1 month to change a habit. Luckily I was forever changed after 5 minutes. Unfortunately it's not that easy for everyone :(. I would however catch myself looking for cigs and lighters or feel like I was forgetting something when I would leave the house in that 1st month.

dwsizme

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Michigan
Just start vaping, get different flavors, a few batteries, try out the different vaping products and it will happen naturally. I didn't try to "quit", I just started vaping and then I didn't want the cigarettes anymore (rolled my own, too). I got 24 mg by accident, because they were out of 18 and I didn't want 12 and now I'm glad it happened that way. At the beginning when I wanted a cigarette the 24 mg was enough nicotine in my system to cover the craving. I still had to go thru some withdrawal of the other stuff thats in the cigs that makes you crave them (told my co-workers to stay clear :p), but having the nicotine in the vape helped me get thru it. I've tried all the quit smoking products, too, over the years. Nothing made it so easy as e-cigs. Hang in there. And this place makes you feel like you're not alone.

_Damion_

Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
United States
I only used both for about a month or so. By the end of the first month into it, I had identified some flavors that I really enjoyed and had the mechanics of the process down a lot better. Once those two parts of it fell into place...analogs fell to the wayside! I've still tried the odd cig here or there maybe once a year, but it is never an enjoyable experience, haha.

I've been almost exclusively E-cig for about a month now. I do still sometimes get the cravings and in a moment of weakness did recently buy a pack of analogs. I was a pack a day smoker... I bought that pack 3 days ago and so far I've had 2 analogs. As I was smoking the analog I remember thinking; wow, my E-cig juice tastes MUCH better than this crappy thing.

Z_Ghost

Resting In Peace
Sep 2, 2012
Arlington Texas
Just started E-cig and so far the mornings are the hardest for me.
Last 3 days I have only had 1/2 analog first thing in the morning then just pull out my eGo.
Seems to be working doing that, the Vaper taste so much better then the analog.

Been smoking for 39 years and tried to quit a few times, using the ecig seems to be working to help me quit analogs.

CHARGER72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, IL
Good job. Ecigs dont kill all cravings. There are something like 3000 chemicals you inhale from a burning analog. So just keep with it. Someone told me and its true. Eventually you crave your vape. Make sure you start out with a high enough nicotine to knock out those cravings. Again congrats everyone who is vaping we all know how tough a addiction analogs are.

Just started E-cig and so far the mornings are the hardest for me.
Last 3 days I have only had 1/2 analog first thing in the morning then just pull out my eGo.
Seems to be working doing that, the Vaper taste so much better then the analog.

Been smoking for 39 years and tried to quit a few times, using the ecig seems to be working to help me quit analogs.

Vince Clortho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
upstairs
Yeah the day I bought my ecig was the last day I smoked tobacco. When I got home from the ecig shop I took two tokes off a ciggy and gagged from the smell. The following day I did the same. That pack of cigs remains on the shelf along with the last 3 packs from a carton... getting pretty dusty too as that was a month and a half ago saturday!

To give the above more effect: I smoked a pack a day for 23 years. I had never gone for more than a few hours without a cig. I won't say that on occasion I haven't had a craving, or an odd sensation of 'missing something', but guys this vape stuff does the trick. Gold and sold, huzzah!

shellee88

Aug 31, 2012
phoenixville,pa
I have a problem with my love for the taste of a menthol analog. its very hard for me to find a juice that fits my taste buds. on the plus side, i can vape in my boyfriends car without him flipping crap on me and all day anywhere i want whenever i want! it has its disadvantages as well as advantages. i just need to find a happy medium and im sure i will kick the analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread