Status
Not open for further replies.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I should warn you that I may ramble a bit here because I am still relatively new to vaping and this forum. I am still trying to feel my way around and get the hang of how things work.

Recently I have been posting links to new articles on the web about E cigarette for our members to comment on. One of the things I would like to know how other people on this site do their searches. I have been using google alerts which seems to work reasonably well.
Google Alerts - Monitor the Web for interesting new content
What do the rest of you do and how do you word your searches?

I was a little taken aback today when I discovered that a thread I was using
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...fda-advisory-committee-tpsac.html#post2665065
Was made into a sticky with the same name. My thread was originally about
A Public Participation Forum for the FDA Advisory Committee (TPSAC)
but I have also been using it to post articles about E cigarette news on the web that we can reply to. My question here is would be better to have new posts every day or to start a new thread and keep on adding to it.
I suppose I should add a few things to the sticky but don't quite know what the right thing would be.

For instance WebMD has drawn my interest because they have a section on smoking.
"electronic cigarette study": Smoking Cessation Community - Support Group
This website gets 61 million users a month but that doesn't mean the smoking forum gets any where near that. You have to join to post so that may be a bit of a drawback but I have joined and posted.

This also came up yesterday.
" + artTitle.replace("-","") + " - " + "The Quad News " + " - " + "Lifestyles" + "
and a couple more that I haven't looked at yet.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Tried several times (after typeing most the afternoon) to respond to "The Quad News" article, but the site seems buggy for responses. :(

Sorry about that. I got a bit sidetracked with the posting of that sticky and didn't get around to commenting my self. I usually comment before I post a url.

Have you looked at that WebMD site?

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Now this something I have never seen before, an article that has it's fact right and in a medical ezine. They do seem to think that everyone wants automatics and don't relize that it is a choice and they still don't mention cartos. I haven't commented on this. I was to stunned by the quality of the article to think of one.
What Are E-Cigarettes (Electronic Cigarettes)?

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Everything I have seen that is regards to e-cigarettes just churns the same information over and over. If it's in favor of them they churn Michael Siegels paper, if not, they churn the FDA's press release. It's get old reading the same thing paraphrased in numerous ways.

To a large extent you are right. My purpose here is to help change that. Take a look at the last one I posted. It is different.

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Now this something I have never seen before, an article that has it's fact right and in a medical ezine. They do seem to think that everyone wants automatics and don't relize that it is a choice and they still don't mention cartos. I haven't commented on this. I was to stunned by the quality of the article to think of one.

Thanks for finding this link! The main page on smoking (link below) has a number of articles about e-cigs, I'm heading there now to leave comments.

Smoking News & Quit Smoking News from Medical News Today

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread