E-cigarettes and smoking cessation: Online survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you all for your participation. Please, encourage other members to take part here, too.
Sad to say but it is easier to jump the Grand Canyon than it is to get the majority of folks to participate in a survey or to sign a petition that has to potential to save vaping as we know it. :(

Fortunately there are a few of us that have vowed to do anything and everything necessary to help keep vaping available for the good of smokers here in the USA and around the world.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There could be
regulation regarding the access of such nicotine enriched e-cigarettes in Australia following the
example of UK, such as managing the use through prescriptions from the physicians, or even
considering to make those freely available and regulating similar to other tobacco products
I was right there with you until I got to the above suggestion :facepalm:

The danger is
non-regulation of ingredients of e-solutions, which the Government should take care of and regulate
the selling of nicotine solutions similar to tobacco products.
We are where we are today because folks think the government can do a better job of controlling every aspect of our lives...so, no...no way should we hand them more power :(

In addition, the young people of <18 years
of age needs to be protected from using such products
utilising the similar tobacco control regulation
as cigarettes.
And with this we throw the young folks under the bus. How many of us started smoking long before we reached our 18th birthday. With this suggestion we are saying...nope we are not going to allow you this life saving option until you are old enough to get it so just continue to smoke until you get there :facepalm:

I do agree with most of your final conclusion though :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There could be
regulation regarding the access of such nicotine enriched e-cigarettes in Australia following the
example of UK, such as managing the use through prescriptions from the physicians, or even
considering to make those freely available and regulating similar to other tobacco products

I was right there with you until I got to the above suggestion :facepalm:

There is no such requirement in the UK for a vape anything to require a prescription, so that's an unfortunate misstatement.

Reactions: mattiem

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
There is no such requirement in the UK for a vape anything to require a prescription, so that's an unfortunate misstatement.
To be fair, in theory nicotine over 20mg should be available on prescription. In realify I'm not aware of any ecig which has yet been made available for prescription. I asked a nurse recently at my GP's if there was an ecig available on prescription if I needed over 20mg and she wasn't aware of any (and she is a vaper). I do intend to pursue this further as Jeremy Hunt (Health Secretary) told me there was no need to be concerned about those needing higher nicotine levels as they could get it on prescription after TPD was implemented!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread