e-go charging nightmare. Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

billymac100

Nov 13, 2011
VA
Hello,

I'm a new member but not new to e-cigs. Hopefully someone with soem experience with the E-go will see this. I use an e-go with Dual Coil Heavy Vapor cartomizers as my go to e-cig. I'm having a very frustrating issue with charging. I have literally 6 USB wall charging units and 8 of the USB cables used to connect them. I can only get two of the USB cables to charge any batteries. Right now I have one working charger which makes it difficult to keep up with the batteries I need to charge. I purchased two brand new Joye brand USB cables and neither work. I've swapped around every combination of wall charger to USB cable and no luck. they all used to work fine. No issues. In the last couple months nothing seems to work. Is it the batteries? I've replaced everything else (ie; USB cables and wall charging units). The USB cables also will not work plugged into a computer or into a USB adapter in the car. I typically run 4 batteries. Do I just need to dish out $80 for new batteries? They still charge fine from the two working USB cables I have. It's driving me crazy to only be able to charge one battery at a time. Also, I've cleaned everything with warm water and rubbing alcohol to make sure they weren't just gummed up.

Thanks.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Using the wall warts to charge is the way to go....not sure why but for me the
computer connect, PC always tried to install "software" for the charger....:facepalm:

Also I was always more successful, plugging in the wall wart, connect the charger,
THEN slowly screw in the battery just till the button light flashes.

For use with dual coil cartos, you may want to look into a mod with cheap replaceable batteries,
and also some of the more expensive high drain batteries. They are made to take the abuse
of high amperage vaping...:)
E-Power, Roughstack Maxi, are a couple that come to mind....

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I don't know if it is the issue but have you tried using something to lift the center posts on both the batteries and the chargers ? After screwing in a battery it will push it back down but should give you better contact with them . Some of the things you put on a battery can push that center post down then you end up with charger troubles if the center posts don't make good contact .

pseudus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
www.pseudus.com
Warm water? Battery? I'm convinced I killed one of 650's that way.

Are you sure they are all genuine eGo's? I know chargers from different vendors/clones won't work with others and my damage the batteries and vice versa. I have about 5 eGo batteries and I almost never have 2 dead at the same time, and with that many, I never really am in need of one and not have one. Not sure if you are keeping them all setup with different flavors or what, but don't at least a couple of them last long enough to keep you vaping while the others are charging?

Also, one of mine is a USB pass thru, so even in a pinch I can charge and vape it at the same time. How long have you had those batteries, it may very well be the problem. One last thing, I got some 1100's not to long ago and I noticed that if I use a eMDCC on them, then try to put it back on one of older 900's, they won't fire. I have to pull the center pin in them out a touch with a screwdriver. Have you tired to pull the center pin out on the chargers to be sure that they are making contact. CAUTION: When I say pull the pin out, I am talking a fraction of a smidgeon of what looks like almost nothing. THere are some threads about it and some videos too, I suggest you do a little bit of research before doing this.

Good Luck...

EDIT: Looks like Bdbodger was posting at the same time I was, so that +2 on the center pin. :p

Last edited:

billymac100

Nov 13, 2011
VA
Thanks everyone. You nailed it. It was the posts on the batteries. Just pulling them out a bit seems to have resolved my issues. Now I'm charger rich because of all the chargers I purchased trying to get one that works.

Also, just to clarify I was not cleaning the batteries by submerging them in warm water. I was just using a q-tip dipped in warm water to clean the battery posts because they get gunked up with juice from time to time. Thanks again for your help. i've been pulling my hair out for about a month with only one working charger.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Thanks everyone. You nailed it. It was the posts on the batteries. Just pulling them out a bit seems to have resolved my issues. Now I'm charger rich because of all the chargers I purchased trying to get one that works.

Also, just to clarify I was not cleaning the batteries by submerging them in warm water. I was just using a q-tip dipped in warm water to clean the battery posts because they get gunked up with juice from time to time. Thanks again for your help. i've been pulling my hair out for about a month with only one working charger.

Glad it was resolved!! I had the very same issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread