E Juice Sample - Business Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
So while writing a "Rant about how frustrating it is to find the juices I like, "woodman" had a great idea which I'm just expanding.

I know its a big pain to constantly buy juice based on reviews on the forums. Everyone's tastes are different, but I continually find myself hating juices that come highly liked and recommend. Alot of us are on budgets, and dont have $100's of dollars to spend on juices to find the ones we like. Sometimes if I dont like a cetain juice from a supplier, its makes me question buying anything from that supplier for fear of not liking there juice again. Expecially when they only sell larger bottles

Here is the idea

1. Someone could start a business / service to provide sample size only bottles from various trusted suppliers here on the forum. Now I know that some of the suppliers sell sample size bottles, but if there was a one stop shop to get various juices from different suppliers with one order, that would be awesome.

2. All of the liquid would come pre-mixed so there would be no error on the middle man's part. They would simply need to put it into smaller sample size bottles.

Just an idea that would be great. I dont think it will happen, but if it did, I think there would be alot of happy people.

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
i wonder how many would still want a sample of a liquid that's been sitting around for 2 weeks.

Thats a good point. What is the "shelf life" of this stuff- liquids & carts? Did a quick search here, but didnt find anything.
Since you mention it I looked but cant find any date codes on anything I have. 8-oNot another variable.

What if DIYer has mixes, are flavorants, PG and VG shelf lifes longer in that form?

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
While the idea does sound good and would be helpful to people you have to consider a few things.

This would be the most important to the person starting the business..

Not to mention, once you tried them you'd not return as it'd be cheaper to get them from the original supplier. No repeat customers = not a good business plan! :)

Another would be the fact that it would have to be someone that all the original manufacturers/vendors trusted to repackage and resell the liquids since they would still have their names on them.

As I said in the other thread I thought there was a social group that was made specifically to trade liquid samples but when I just looked I couldn't find it. I may have missed it or maybe it never existed here.

I would suggest the OP starts a social group in the sub-forum Social Group Forums - E-Cigarette Forum and people will be able to post what samples and what size sample they are looking to try along with what they are willing to trade for it.

I would be simply too busy doing up my own liquids to have the time or energy to make something like your business model fly. all the good suppliers have samples as it should be. the really good mixers do an exacting science to make sure what you buy today will taste exactly the same when you buy the same thing 2 months from now. any good supplier will be happy to send a sample for cost of shipping. I know I do. Don't think you will find anyone with the energy to make this idea fly though, too bad, like the idea

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I would be simply too busy doing up my own liquids to have the time or energy to make something like your business model fly. all the good suppliers have samples as it should be. the really good mixers do an exacting science to make sure what you buy today will taste exactly the same when you buy the same thing 2 months from now. any good supplier will be happy to send a sample for cost of shipping. I know I do. Don't think you will find anyone with the energy to make this idea fly though, too bad, like the idea

:confused:

Katattack

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2010
FL
I was looking at "one dose" packaging. I think the costs might be prohibitive. If any juice suppliers get big maybe less so. However I like when vendors offer 3ml sample options for sure. I think that's the smallest you can reasonably go or as you mentioned the prefilled cars/cartos.

I think some vendors would be unhappy with their juices being resold in that manner and the layers of liability increase with each set of hands it goes through. Not that it would be impossible just something to consider.

Last edited:

sixofusernames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
california
i know how you feel, i have spent enough on liquid to buy myself a few good pv kits. and so far, i have only liked one. I dont know if it would work as a seperate business, reasons said above, but you could always make a post in the classifieds asking people to send their unwanted liquids (lord knows i have quite a few...) and state where they got them from, then could sell them as a lot. i know i would buy them, but i dont think it would be profitable for you. but dont give up, the idea of testing from multiple vendors at one time is a good one at its core. the samples are so cheap, like 4 dollars per bottle, that you are inclined to buy at least three to validate the shipping costs. then you are usually stuck with 3 bottles of stuff you paid 20 dollars for, and have no idea what to do with them. like me.

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
Could be the things that look like challenges now will be overcome technically anyway by additives, delivery device packaging or some entirely new delivery method.

I personnally wouldnt ever trade or join such a group for fear of sending/receiving tainted product (maybe they left on dash for two days...didnt know). Not to mention most of us are lazy and packaging stuff to ship doesnt apeal.

If their were an online source (or forum) that could just eliminate alot of the "subjectivity" associated with how current reviews are done would be nice. Reliable rating system that compelled users to turn to before purchase. A system with "amazon" like knowledge of who you were and what you bought before.
Maybe have memberships or small percent from link...(?).

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
Thats a good point. What is the "shelf life" of this stuff- liquids & carts? Did a quick search here, but didnt find anything.
Since you mention it I looked but cant find any date codes on anything I have.....QUOTE]

backtracking as I spoke too soon (like I never did that before:oops:)- Ms T says approx 1 year on sample bottles lable.

candre23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2010
NJ
chipandre.com
If their were an online source (or forum) that could just eliminate alot of the "subjectivity" associated with how current reviews are done would be nice.
What you already have here is as close as you can get. When dealing with things like taste and "throat hit", it's all subjective. Forget quality of flavor, it's nearly impossible to even get two people to agree on the relative strength of a flavor. Even under strict laboratory conditions, these things are difficult to quantify. Different people with different preferences using different gear to smoke different batches of liquid is about as far from "laboratory conditions" as you can get.

The reviews that people post here are helpful, but only up to a point. Beyond that point, nothing short of personal trial-and-error is going to tell you whether or not you're going to enjoy a particular mix of juice.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
I think the idea of a sample site is great but also don't know if it would be feasible moneywise.
I'd like to see more flavor sites - more tobacco flavorings especially so you could buy a
reasonable priced flavoring pac. DIY really isn't too hard and it ends up a lot cheaper than
buying juice. That way you could make your own flavoring as weak or strong as you like it.

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
I think the idea of a sample site is great but also don't know if it would be feasible moneywise.
I'd like to see more flavor sites - more tobacco flavorings especially so you could buy a
reasonable priced flavoring pac. DIY really isn't too hard and it ends up a lot cheaper than
buying juice. That way you could make your own flavoring as weak or strong as you like it.

Good idea.
DIY flavor kit from vendor who compiled a collection from many of the best suppliers and repackaged. Complete with known tested formulas.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Looks to me like a great reason to have a meet. Kinda' like a bridge/euchre/bowling night.

If only there were more of us & concentrated densities to make it easy.

(Yeah, I'm a hoosier. Listed Euchre over Poker. You have to be an expert Euchre player before you're allowed to call yourself a Hoosier,)

Instead of Potluck, you could call it Botluck, or some such.

Or pass the bottle and drip... Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread