E-liquid strengths question

Status
Not open for further replies.

accordioni

May 12, 2012
Liverpool
Hi everyone

New to e-cigs and refilling cartridges. I have several 5ml bottles of 36mg nicotine e-liquid, but I have found the nicotine too strong and would like to mix them to 18mg nicotine. I have worked out that I would need to add 5mls of PG/VG, but how much flavour concentrate would I need to add to replenish the level of flavouring? Answers in very basic terms please, I am rubbish at maths!!!! :mail:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
ok...do you by chance have an atomizer? What I would suggest is you add a few drops...shake the bottle up and put a few drops on the atomizer and vape that.....see if that's where it needs to be. If not, add a few more drops and try that. Repeat until you have it just right! Then stop! lol! I don't know what brand of flavoring you have, and I don't know how much flavoring you like..so this is the only thing I can think of that will help you. Flavorings are very concentrated, so you won't need a whole lot.

fed71

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2012
Krasnodar, Russia
Hi everyone

New to e-cigs and refilling cartridges. I have several 5ml bottles of 36mg nicotine e-liquid, but I have found the nicotine too strong and would like to mix them to 18mg nicotine. I have worked out that I would need to add 5mls of PG/VG, but how much flavour concentrate would I need to add to replenish the level of flavouring? Answers in very basic terms please, I am rubbish at maths!!!! :mail:

liquid with a strength of 36 mg / mL may be dangerous to health. it need necessarily be diluted. the maximum recommended strength - 24 mg / ml. usually 12 or 18 mg / ml (or lower).
ready-made high-strength liquid can be diluted with a liquid with zero strength with the same taste.
to calculate the number of components you can use the special calculator. for example, here is an on-line calculator
http://www.ecigexpress.com/ejuice-calculator.php

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
If you can get the same flavor from the same vendor with 0 nicotine, then mix equal amounts of that & 36mg nic, the resulting mixture will be 18mg per ml.

Hope that helps, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

thats what i do too. im a full time vapor, husband is parttime(trying to covert him to full time) i use 12mg and he uses 24mg and if i run out before order comes in, i use 0mg(that i keep on hand) to drop his down to 12mg. works great :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread