E-power 14650 by SmokTek (bought from MadVapes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanis143

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Broken Arrow, OK
www.tandp.us
Reason for buying: I wanted a mod that would do 3.7 volts, was a tube mod, and wouldn't hurt my pocketbook. I looked around but the cheapest mod I could find was 60.00 without batteries. Then I found the E-power on madvapes. 49.99 + shipping = less than 53.00.

I'll save my review for MadVapes for that section, but check it out as well.

Included with the mod is two 14650 1050mah batteries, a charger, two atomizers(will go into further detail on these!), an ego style cone and 5 prefilled carts with a generic tobacco flavor at 24meg. The size of the mod is slightly larger than a 1000mah ego both in length and girth. Weight wise its not too bad, I would call it comfortably heavy. Functionality is simple, hit the button, suck on your atty/cart/carto of choice and you have vapor. So far after using for 3 days I've not had a single missfire. I found out that it kills the juice in regular cart/atties pretty quickly, so you have to let sit between two good hits otherwise you dry out the wick. I use it with my 510T tank atties/tanks and works really well. I've been trying it with both the cone on and off, and the only difference I've seen is the cosmetic look. I work outside and constantly have to lean over to work on stuff and this fell out of my pocket once already, no dings, scratches and fired right up so I'll give 4 stars on toughness.

The ONLY downside I've found so far are the cheap 510 atties that come with it. Last night I put both my 510T atties in some alcohol to clean out the wicks and while those were soaking I decided to use my old 510 atties with some carts. Well, I was testing both the cheap included ones and my true joyetech atties on my pt and the cheap ones pushed the center pin deeper into the body. After that none of my joyetech atties would work on my pt. I finally was able to pull the pin back out with some forceps (there was not a center hole to use). So, those atties will not go back on my pt. If you get this mod and use the atties on anything other than this mod, do not attempt to screw them all the way down or you will do the same thing.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with the mod itself. It gave me a longer lasting battery at 3.7 volts without breaking the bank. The only thing I wish it came with is the ego tank adapter kit. Since the body of this mod is wider than an ego, an egoT, ego carto or EMDCC will not fit on it without the adapter. Its only 7 bucks at smoktek, but for something that is mimicking the ego I think it would have been wise to include that accessory.

Tanis143

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Broken Arrow, OK
www.tandp.us
If the plating wearing off is the ONLY thing that wears out, I'll be a very happy camper! My wife is knitting me a small lanyard satchel to keep it in as its uncomfortable to keep in my pocket and when I work it can easily fall out of my shirt pocket. I tend to leave it in my work van but on long jobs it means I have to walk back to my van to take a hit or two....

The only issue I've had so far is my 510T atties seem to be dying from the 3.7 volts. I've had them for almost two months now, so they may be on the tail end of their life, gonna check out some LR carto's this weekend at the Vapor Kings vape meet in Tulsa, OK and see how well they work.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Excellent review, Tanis, of a wonderful entry-level mod!

Just to clarify, the E-Power is manufactured by "Smok Tech." It is sold by many suppliers, including MadVapes ... and "SmokTek," (which sells that adapter you mentioned). [NOTE: I state this – not to be fussy spelling corrector – but to minimize the inherent confusion between the manufacturer and a supplier.]

Personally, I am partial to the NoEgo, which is functionally identical and also manufactured by Smok Tech, but has a different finish (that I find to be prettier).

NoEgowithandwithoutcone.jpg

The primary difference, however, is that it is sold bare bones (without batts, charger, or attys) by Jazz CartoPipe for $25. That makes it ideally suited to experienced mod users who already have the batts and charger. For a newer mod user, the full-kit E-Power is the more convenient purchase (although you could buy that batts and charger from MadVapes for a total price not much more than the E-Power kit).

BTW, Jazz CartoPipe also sells an eGo-T adapter and spacer ($8) with the same finish as the NoEgo.

14650NoEgowitheGo-Tadapter.jpg

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I would check out the "Ressurector" cartos fro Crystal Clear Vaping. They are incredible on the E-Power. They are what I use daily and love it. They hold 2ml of juice so they last all day and produce a TON of vapor. Many people feel they compete with dual coils in vapor production, but they dont drain your battery like a dual coil will since they are only single. Plus CCV has a carto guarantee which is nice

Tanis143,
If you really like the EMDCC, then check out these: EPDCC E-Power Dual Coil Cartomizer - New design for the E-Power 14650! 5ml 1.5ohm
They are a Dual Coil Carto, very similar to the EMDCC's, that is specifically designed for the E-Power, so you wont have to buy an adapter to use them. They are 1.5ohm and hold over 5ml of juice which is pretty ridiculous. They are the same diameter as the E-Power battery tube so they dont look weird and they come with a mouthpiece. I think ud like them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread