Ego AIO Coil clean up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I tried to clean up my coil by hot water and then drying it out and putting it in. But for some reason, it just doesn't work... No idea what am I doing wrong here :/

SS316 0.6MTL 15-28w ( Joytech AIO coil)
Trying to clean drop-in coil heads is rather a hit-or-miss kind of thing ... sometimes it can work to get a little more life from a coil, other times, not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Are you saying it won't read, or it vapes like yuck. The former would mean either the coil is damaged, or you haven't got it seated properly.

The second would mean you weren't able to revive it. I would try vodka or everclear personally, but yea even then you get a few more day's life and an unpredictable die off tht may result in a lot of wasted juice.

Don't get me wrong, I did that in the beginning too but decided it was a false economy.

Anna

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No way to tell what you're talking about without a clear picture.
It is very rare a broken / one that won't fire can be repaired. There just isn't room & enough spare wire to 'fix' broken replaceable head coils.

Again, the best course of action is to replace them when necessary, trying to clean & reuse them is most often not worth the effort.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
There are these 2 wires near the cotton. These wires should contact something?

Hi and welcome,

They do contact something already.
You are just seeing the ends of the trapped wire.
The wires are nothing to worry about, but leave them alone, do not manipulate or molest the wire ends.

Cheers
I

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Cleaning factory coils isn't fully possible. Not really. Many claim to have achieved it... but I ask you what for? .. to get 1 or 2ml more of bad tasting vape from something that costs 20c-50c a day?
Actually... I don't blame you for trying but most "how I cleaned my factory coil" videos are just self-delusion. Some are also fake... in the early days there were plenty.
Too much wasted time and alcohol on a futile project i.m.o.

I've used 100s of these coils over the years. They last a long time and are one of the most reliable... except not in the AIO... in the Cubis tank. They suck in the AIO as to have full control you need to be able to up and down the power to avoid flooding or dry hits (depending)...

I think once you have rebuilt coils and been around lots of coils it becomes clear that not much will genuinely clear that gunk.

Good luck, however. Maybe you will find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread