Ego C Twist starter set leaks like mad. Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaraF

Sep 9, 2014
Spokane, WA
Hi folks!
My fella and I just bought a Ego C twist starter set last minute before a trip. The battery was highly recommended to me and I needed a complete set ASAP before being around my smoke-free family for 5 days. The kit arrived a couple days before the trip and we were quite happy with the performance at first. After just sitting in a plastic bag on the way to the airport, both of our tanks were leaking. 2 days into the trip one tank stopped working completely (the battery is fine) and both were leaking into the tip and down to the battery any time they weren't vertical.

I had always planned on upgrading tanks anyway (Kanger Protank was suggested) but now I REALLY want to find something that won't have leakage issues. As a girl I'm probably going to have this thing rolling around in my bag, not upright in a shirt pocket. I don't want to have to clean the tip every time I vape! My only other requirement is having something that isn't super bulky on an ego twist battery. I've been mostly looking at mini tanks.

SO, any suggestions for a slim, leakprof tank to go with my ego twist?

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
First what tank are you using? Some tanks can be cleared by blowing through the drip tip in t o a paper towel, expelling the extra liquid. When filling be very careful not to get juice into the air valve area. After filling blow through the drip tip into towel to rid any extra juice. This should help with leaking. Best wishes

MaraF

Sep 9, 2014
Spokane, WA
Realsis- Thanks for the tip! It's definitely making the wait for payday a little less awful. Still, not particularly fond of the idea of having to carry paper towel wads around with me all day, so improvement-day is definitely coming. The set I bought was the "eGo C Twist (2pc) 1100mAh Vaporizer Variable Voltage Starter Kit"..I didn't see a particular model name for the atomizer (or clearomizer?).

Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. Deciding between the Mini Protank 3 and the Nautilus...any additional pros & cons for either would be appreciated!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can you post a link to what you have?

Keep in mind that none of the little pieces of mass-produced plastic/glass/metal/whatever has much quality control, so it can be helpful to lower one's expectations of their performance.

:thumb: This! The cheap inexpensive clearomizers are just that --> cheap. They are designed with fragile plastic parts which break easily. They are designed to be easily filled by beginners. They are designed to be able to replace the coils easily by beginners. However that simple design has the caveat that they don't perform very well and can be very inconsistant. Gurgling, dry hits, juice in the mouth, juice on the battery.

There are better products on the market, but they will be more expensive and require more time/effort to maintain. Are you willing to make the sacrifices?

The aforementioned Aspire Mini Nova has a revolutionary new coil and wick that the other clearomizer tanks don't have yet. Better flavor & vapor production, little or no leaking. Retail price will set you back about $25.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread