ego-T - just got it, worried about something

Status
Not open for further replies.

buradd

Mar 17, 2011
California
so i just got an ego-T from dragonflyecigs.com

i have bought a joye 510 from them and it was good.. they did put this "primer" stuff on the atty's so when i got it, it had a foul taste for the first few hits on each atty

obviously the primer taste went away as it burned off

* is this stuff safe to inhale or what? *

i got the ego-T today and i read the instructions and it said do not force the tank onto the atty, so i put it on gently and apparently it didnt go in all the way.. i guess i had been taking about 7 or 8 dry hits and all i was burning was wick and primer..

is this safe or am i expecting to cough something up soon?

did i damage the atty and/or wick do you think?

i finally had enough of the primer taste and "forced" the tank down a little bit more onto the spike and it instantly gave full vape flavor on the following draws..

im just worried that i may have damaged my ego-tank atty by dry burning and/or lungs with primer vapor inhalation

any words of insight for a ego-t newb?

also are the LR tank atty's a good buy?

thanks!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Primer only tastes bad - it's basically PG. You should be good. But you should always blow out any new atty from the batt end into some paper towel. LR tank attys are worth it and are better, imo, than the LR mega eGo attys - they run around 1.7Ω vs. 1.5Ω and don't burn out flavor. If you experience any burnt taste or less flavor - vape some unflavored PG or soak the atty in 151 vodka for about 15minutes. At some point you may want to do a dry burn - dry burn first and then follow with the vodka bath to clear away any ashes.... But don't do that if everything is going well. LR's are more self-cleaning.... at least that's what I've found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread