• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ego (threaded) DCT tanks info and availability in Canada .. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I was just digging around canvape, vaporgeek, healthcabin and surevapes .. and came across these; Newest patented!!! Smoktech EGO DCT on surevapes; eGo Dual Coil 2.5ML Tank - Blue, which is an American site, but does have free shipping to Canada and is one of my favourites.

From what I can tell, from non-english youtube videos I could dig up and the odd thread on ECF is that they're ego threaded dct tanks, but not much else. I'm a bit confused about the capacity and length, but they look like the 3.5 ml tanks with the added ego thread, which would be handy and eliminate the need for a cone - except it might be tricky to screw/unscrew. :p I assume they're 45 mm flanged cartos, but they'll fit boges as well.

Does anyone have any information about these or know any Canadian sites with them ?

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Features:

1.Resistance : 1.5 or 2.0ohm
2.E liquid content : 3.5 ml
3.screw Thread : EGO thread
4.Battery: ego,vgo,e power,ex power
5.Material: chrome
5.Cartomizer :eek:ne hole same prior size DCT cartomizer

Advantage : no need thread cone,better suitable ego battery,no leakage

They look good...pass this link to mopar,see what he can do Newest patented!!! Smoktech EGO DCT

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Oh they do have them at vapoursolutions; SMOKTECH EGO DCT TANKS (TRANSPARENT) - EGO THREADING.

Think I'll grab one at surevapes 'cause of the free shipping, they're also adding the f16 for $5.99 apparently. I won't message mopar, until I try one out, unless tons of other people are interested. Despite how good canvape is, I'm pretty turned off the $15 shipping < $50 - 'cause I'm cheap, I know it's CP and not canvape - before 100 people get mad :p In a few months, I might make a $100+ purchase every month or two, but for now I'm being as cheap as possible and dealing with healthcabin's crazy long shipping or ordering from the states. Making small carto/clearomizer tank orders, to figure out what I like.

I'm still curious if anyone's used one with a boge and if there's leaking issues without the flange and the 2 sets of threads.

Last edited:

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Since I was just sorting cartos, I thought I'd update this thread with accurate information after getting one of these.

Most vendors didn't bother carrying this, because it comes with a non-standard sized carto. :facepalm: These just barely work with a 35 mm boge cartomizer and have a few mm to spare. They're also the diameter of an ego and obviously shorter than the 3.5 ml DCT, so I'm guessing they hold 2.5 ml or less - there's really not much room in there. It is also an ego skirt, not ego threaded and is a tad scary threading a non-flanged carto blind, but I haven't pushed the carto up and had a leak yet. :p

I'm still not sure if these are worth the effort or money for $10, but personally I think this is a sort of neat tank that will work well with an ego mini for a stealth vape. :)

Picture - from top to bottom: EGO DCT with 35 mm boge on an EGO to show the skirt and how much the carto sticks out. Then a 45 mm boge, the smoktech flanged carto that came with it and a 35 mm boge to show the strange length.

IMG_0589.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread