eGo/Tornado button cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMB

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Western NC
OK....so I am not a designer. I was wondering if a clip/snap on button cover could be designed to keep the manual bats from activating in a pocket/purse. My idea is to create a plastic, almost ring-shaped, cover that would snap on (just inside the groove where the button is) and have a large area over the button...a big dimple? I'll try to do a paint drawing.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Yeah, I can picture something... a silicone ring that fits around the button snugly, but has a hard shell center that fits around the button, has a rubber bottom so it doesn't scratch the paint, prevents being able to push down.

Problem with something like this is that it has to be mass produced to make it worth while... selling tens of thousands. I don't imagine anyone would make them, especially not for just for one specific product... unless it was a stretchy material that could fit many different diameters.

Axium

Feb 13, 2010
MO
I've thought about making something like this for myself. A strip of elastic velcro with rubber backing (or some other non-slip substance) I think would work and be easy. Cut a hole in one part of the strap and sew in a concave button or anything else big enough to cover the switch. Place "domed" button/plastic over switch and strap. It would be easy on/off and would work under most conditions in a pocket or purse. Would work best with a peice of circular plastic that followed the contours of the device a little, like a melted and bent or ground down shirt button or piece of plexi-glass, but I don't think it'd be absolutely necessary if the button was sized right.

I'm gonna try it when I get the nerve to wander into the fabrics department and learn to sew (decently). I'm already pretty good at melting plastic, so no problem there. First post, btw. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread