Ego Twist different branding - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankieboy

Sep 17, 2014
London
Hi, I just received my Ego Twist battery through today, and wanted to check whether it's ok.

In my naivety, I hadn't realised that not all twists are Joytech, and the one I got was this one :

http://www.vapehit.co.uk/products.php?260

My attention was first alerted because the box it came in was the size of the battery, with 'Evod, Ego Twist' and a few different types written on it with checkboxes. The 'Ego twist' checkbox has been ticked with pen, and a 'C' added to 'ego' also with pen.

It comes with a seperate slip of paper with instructions on it.

As you can see, it has 'vapehit' logo on it, not 'ego twist'. Also, the dial, as you can see in the photo is slightly different to a Joytech. It doesn't have any logo on the silver disc on the bottom. Also, it's a 1100 mah, which I don't believe that Joytech produce. It doesn't have any kind of logo around the top silver bit where the threads are, although it has 'Twist/1100mah' written by the button..

However, the construction seems fairly good. The black part of the battery is about 95-100mm long, so I don't think it's 'too short'. The voltage twister is fairly firm but still easy to twist.

The charger is also branded 'vapehit' not Joytech. It has 'Model: USB-S001, input DC 5v, output DC4 420 ma/h' written on it.

Also, the slip of paper says to charge it for 6-8 hours on the first use, however, when I plugged it in to charge, the charger light turned green indicating charge finished, in about 10 minutes. Do I really have to leave it like that for 6 hours? That makes me a bit nervous about overcharging.

Sorry about the noob questions, am green to vaping.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Most of the ego type batteries I have received have come almost fully charged. I have plenty of knockoff batteries and some of them are actually better than the original joye twists I got. I had button issues with the joytech brand so for all my out and about travels I use spinners and love them. Trial and error is the name of the game.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i believe ego has passed from a brand name into the world of just a generic term and type of battery.
if the battery is not branded Ego it is not from JoyeTech.
unbranded ego type batteries can be of various quality.
seeing how the company made the added expanse of imbosing their name
on it i would assume it to be a better quality battery.
regards
mike

Frankieboy

Sep 17, 2014
London
Update - I gotta say, for a 1100mah battery, this doesn't seem to last for long. I actually use it to lower the voltage rather than raise it. I use it on about 3.6V, whereas my regular ego battery starts at about 4v I think from a full charge. However, the Twist (which is also a 1100mah) seems to only last about half the time as the regular ego, and also seems to take double the time to charge.

However, the vape of it at 3.6 is mighty tasty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread