Ego Vgo Kgo which ones accept which ssytem cartomizer or atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
Hi, I am not new to e cigarettes but new to this forum, although I have been lurking for the last year. Best source of information ever.

I have used a lot of the 808d cartomizer systems, manily because I think they are the best compromise between smoke production and convenience. And because of the 9.2 mm size have decent batteries.

I still think they are inadequate power wise for heavy smokers. I am a Canadian/ Egyptian and I am introducing E cigarettes in Egypt. The new Ego style solve this problem by the massive batteries and larger cartomizers, and the ones I have seen look good.

I have noticed that all of them come now with cartomizers, which are relatively expensive in single use, does anyone know of an Ego style system with larger capacity batteries and a mega cartridge. something with 2 mls of juice. These would work perfectly for single use and would come out economical in price.

Also what are the best units out there because it seems that every chinese manufacturer is now making one and it is very difficult to distinguish between them.

Thanks for the help

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Hello and Welcome!

Cartomizers can be refilled, so they don't need to be so expensive in the long run. You can get Mega cartridges, atomizers and cartomizers that all work with the eGo batteries. These can be found at several highly recommended vendors listed here on the forum.

I can only speak for the eGo or Riva e-cigs as far as being the best. I'm not sure if the VGO or KGO are the same or not. Someone else would be able to address that better than I would.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
First, a comment about "inadequate power." Technically, 'power' (measured in watts) is the intensity of the vape. It is the result of the battery voltage and atomizer resistance (measured in ohms). These eGO-type models are relatively low in voltage (~3.4V) and therefore in power (unless you use LR attys, which many vapers do).

What they are high in is mAh (milliamp hours, i.e., puffs per charge), which, I suspect, is what you were referring to. The Joye eGO (also sold by Totally Wicked as "Tornado") was the first, is perhaps the best, and certainly is the model with the largest track record. But, as an importer/supplier, I'm sure there are other relevant factors, not apparent to me as a consumer/user.

There is a Mega atomizer and accompanying high-capacity (2+ ml) cartridge specifically for the eGO (and for those batteries fully compatible with the eGO, e.g., the Riva).

clip_image008.jpg

On a regular 650 mAh eGO battery and 900 mAh mega battery, it looks like this (compared to a 510 atty/cart with cone):

clip_image002.jpg

To my eye, these are the new e-cigars. [They really should make them available in brown.]

It is carried by most of the suppliers who carry the Mega/XL eGO battery, e.g., Good Prophets, Cignot, Liberty-Flights, Electronic Stix, Happy Vaper, Dragonfly eCigs, Heaven Gifts, HealthCabin, Janty, and VaporKings. [Direct links included on the Fat Batts page of my WWV V2.] Although, for your purposes, I suppose you would be dealing directly with the manufacturer or distributors in China.

Why not talk with some of those suppliers? I doubt they would feel that an Egyptian supplier would be encroaching on a significant portion of their customer base.

Last edited:

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
Thank you so much for the kind and detailed help. I have been checking with the chinese, and the largest capacities I found were the Janty Ego with the xl 2 ml cartridge, But I did not know if it would fit the other lot.(KGO/VGO) if I go with someone other than Janty (they dont do samples and need a 500 min order.

Let ,me give you some background on my reasoning. I am literaly introducing the concept of ec Egypt,(And going through wars and lawsuits with the local FDA) and Cigarettes here marlboro reds for example are cheap (1.50).and we have some pretty heavy smokers. So a two pack a day smoker would need something like 1000 puffs per day (I know that ec vendors equate this with 4 packs but I find that it is not puff to puff, e cig users tend to go two puffs to a cig puff) so I need to give them something reasonably priced lets say equivelant in cost. 1 carto or cartridge that lasts 500 puffs and is sold for 1.50 to 2.0 max would be good, considering that we have customs and shipping to deal with it comes out to 1.0 to 1.15 on cost.

Thin margins if I want to put it in someone's hands for 1.5 -. 2.0. The only way I have found to do that is with 3 ml cartomizers on 1300 ma transen-Vgo (1000 puffs and just 10% more expensive) or I can use a mega atomizer and cartridge on an EGO, which works out cheaper (on the cartridge). I Just dont know if the mega atomizer would fit on the VGO (and other non janty ego brands) It would give me a very versatile device.

Thanks again

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I can't actually speak for the Vgo, which I have not tried, but I have sampled some of the inexpensive Chinese knock-offs and found them to be completely compatible with the eGo/Riva system. The only real difference I have noticed is an annoying 8-second cutoff on some of them, so that's one question worth asking any manufacturer or distributor.

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
I can't actually speak for the Vgo, which I have not tried, but I have sampled some of the inexpensive Chinese knock-offs and found them to be completely compatible with the eGo/Riva system. The only real difference I have noticed is an annoying 8-second cutoff on some of them, so that's one question worth asking any manufacturer or distributor.

I checked with some of the Chinese vendors and they are giving 5 second cut offs for automatics with a microphone sensor and 10 second cutoffs for the manuals. I think it is specific to the programming ordered by the supplier. In larger orders I was told that I can extend the programming on the cutoff. > 500 units.

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
i just bought a vGo today at my local supplier, and made sure before i left the store that my mega eGo cartridge and mega eGo atomizer fits the threading on the vGo, and it did.

Thanks, that is great news , they are using standard threads and depth. How many puffs or average time does the mega cartridge last? it is 2 mls per fill, and can you actually get 2 mls in it when you refill it.?

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
Thanks, I have found that smokers are attracted for two reasons, novelty, and plain just had enough. I smoked for thirty years, and tried everything I could to quit. It took me two days to switch. I will be a nicotine addict for life and I really enjoy the act of Smoking/Vaping). At some point you know you are sustaining massive damage. I have been going around and promoting the concept for the last three month and found that the group that is really attracted to EC are the older group who would do anything to get the proverbial monkey off their backs, even if it costs a little more. One company started selling Intellicig ( smoore 702 ) with the Eco-pure liquid (both really suck) and they are selling the equivalent of a pack of cigs for 4 times the local price of the pack (Five 70 puff cartridges for ten bucks) and they are selling quite well. I agree with you on the flavors, once you start vaping nice stuff, it is almost impossible to smoke the analogs, although they can give you quite a buzz.

RexFollett

Moved On
Oct 22, 2010
Texas
if I go with someone other than Janty (they dont do samples and need a 500 min order.
Thanks again

500 min order is only if you want free OEM. Which means you can take a ego "riva" or whatever else people call them and name it yourself and put your own company logo on it. What you can do is give them a deposit for 500 boxes the kits are assembled into then buy only 100 and they house the boxes until your next purchase and when you finish purchasing 500 they will refund your deposit. That is if your supplier is competent and has more pull then most the other salespersons for the manufacturer.

RexFollett

Moved On
Oct 22, 2010
Texas

Its not suppose to cut off in 8 seconds its suppose to automatically shut down after 10-20 seconds then refire after you let go of switch

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
one thing to be aware of, as I have been finding out the hard way, is getting orders of the knock off ecigs from any source has a bit of a high % defect ratio due to cheap production and lack of quality control. I have had several batteries and atomizers go bad with in the first few hours of use, buttons get stuck, center post come out, and have only ordered about 30 riva/ego kits so far. I am starting to think that though a lower price per unit is nice, having to make exchanges for faulty equipment, and all the hassle and extra shipping to replace parts is not going to be worth it in the long run. I would advise you try to find a reputable china company, like Joyetech, that can offer a solid product, with fewer defects.

RexFollett

Moved On
Oct 22, 2010
Texas
one thing to be aware of, as I have been finding out the hard way, is getting orders of the knock off ecigs from any source has a bit of a high % defect ratio due to cheap production and lack of quality control. I have had several batteries and atomizers go bad with in the first few hours of use, buttons get stuck, center post come out, and have only ordered about 30 riva/ego kits so far. I am starting to think that though a lower price per unit is nice, having to make exchanges for faulty equipment, and all the hassle and extra shipping to replace parts is not going to be worth it in the long run. I would advise you try to find a reputable china company, like Joyetech, that can offer a solid product, with fewer defects.

True but also if you do use a lower quality manufacturer make sure its a good one and that way you don't have to ship anything back to them. You just record a video of showing the bad batteries and then they ship you new ones next order plus a extra few for free for the hassle.. They will do this if you tell them cause there is so many manufacturers they do want to keep your business. Joye Technology Inc. is the first designer and source of the Ego it was called the Joye Ego. Their prices are high like 22.00 a kit or something like that.. I get mine for 13.00 a kit and the quality is great. just have to get past the bull.... witht hem and get them to give you the good batteries and use the good materials for the same price..

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
dont know how many puffs-aint ever counted. all i know is the mega eGo cartridges do hold 2ml and provide for much longer vaping before topping off/refilling. i could never go back to regular size cartridges-too spoiled.

Thanks, that is great news , they are using standard threads and depth. How many puffs or average time does the mega cartridge last? it is 2 mls per fill, and can you actually get 2 mls in it when you refill it.?

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt

I agree with you, although I have found this to be a complete hit and miss, the more you try and test with them the better chance that you will end up with a good product. When I first started doing this I wanted to get familiar with the products, so I ordered the whole line from one of the largest vendors (not to mention names but they are the developers of the 401). Lets put it this way I had problems with everything switches breaking down , batteries running out of juice very quickly, mic auto switches that would activate every time the music was a little high. I ended up ordering from three other suppliers until I found a relatively unknown and new vendor with perceptibly higher quality products.

I am going through this again as this particular vendor does not have a well developed EGO/VGO style system, I am depending on this forum to shorten this testing cycle which for now consists of contacting them, checking the products on the net, figuring out if their tech persons have any knowledge or just salepeple. Ultimately in the end you just narrow it down, you still have to order samples and check them out.

I have found a company that makes a 1300 mah VGO with a very alluring 3ml xl cartomizer. claimed over 1000 puffs. it is either them or the 900 mah Joye with the XL carts. I'll let you know how that pans out.

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
dont know how many puffs-aint ever counted. all i know is the mega eGo cartridges do hold 2ml and provide for much longer vaping before topping off/refilling. i could never go back to regular size cartridges-too spoiled.

Here is my problem, most of these from the manufacturers are close in price,well the cartomizers anyway. it is simply what is most bang for the buck in a country where a pack of analogs is $1.50. The choice for me so far has been Ego/VGo with either XL cartomizers or xl cartridges.

The figure I calculate on is puffs per carto/cartridge divided by cost 1.6 ml cartomizers are about 500-600 puffs a 3 ml cartomizer is over 1000 and only 15% more expensive. If I can get 500 puffs out of a cartridge (I have a lot of hope for the Mega ego) that is even better as cartridges are more than half the price of a cartomizer.

Egos are also more cost effective as a newbie does not have to buy two batteries, one would probably last them all day, they can buy more once they are comfortable with the whole vaping experience.

I am passing the savings on to the buyers, and trying to make the experience as easy as possible for them. Vaping is a completely new thing where I live. I appreciate any help I can get.

RexFollett

Moved On
Oct 22, 2010
Texas
I will give you a very important tip.. From one entrepreneur to the next.. hongda company makes the bad batteries... Desai makes the quality batteries.. If your having a problem with batteries it is because your battery manufacturer that the e-cig manufacturer is using is probably Hondga company and it sucks.. What you need to be firm about when negotiating with the Chinese is that they use Desai parts for your e-cigs.. I value my customers and I won't sell crap to them I don't care how cheap I can get the stuff for so I make demands with the Chinese that they have to follow and they will follow cause they know that I will go on to the next manufacturer if they don't satisfy me.. There is a cess pool of manufacturers over there making the same junk with different quality parts.. YOU HAVE to use the good materials.. I don't like the fact that there is poor quality e-cigs flooding the market here cause some jake legg wants to save 5 bucks.. Anyways hope that helps someone..

Last edited:

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
i just bought a vGo today at my local supplier, and made sure before i left the store that my mega eGo cartridge and mega eGo atomizer fits the threading on the vGo, and it did.

I checked with this Vendor, Transen-Power. They have two versions, a 650 that is Ego compatible, and the 1300 mah hour version with the 3 ml cartomizer (according to them rated more than 1000 puffs) which is not compatible with anything and only takes its own massive cartomizers. It is 133 mm and not atty compatible.

The fact that the carto form the factory for its huge size is only 10% more expensive, it is really bang for the buck. I really want to try it for ergononics and finish. If it is good, the versatility lets it down but it would be perfect for a heavy vaper and would work well on cost too.

Has anyone seen or heard of a 3ml cartomizer by any vendor, because asides from them, I cant find any.

bshalaby

Oct 11, 2010
Cairo Egypt
I will give you a very important tip.. From one entrepreneur to the next.. hongda company makes the bad batteries... Desai makes the quality batteries.. If your having a problem with batteries it is because your battery manufacturer that the e-cig manufacturer is using is probably Hondga company and it sucks.. What you need to be firm about when negotiating with the Chinese is that they use Desai parts for your e-cigs.. I value my customers and I won't sell crap to them I don't care how cheap I can get the stuff for so I make demands with the Chinese that they have to follow and they will follow cause they know that I will go on to the next manufacturer if they don't satisfy me.. There is a cess pool of manufacturers over there making the same junk with different quality parts.. YOU HAVE to use the good materials.. I don't like the fact that there is poor quality e-cigs flooding the market here cause some jake legg wants to save 5 bucks.. Anyways hope that helps someone..

I am in total agreement with you, going cheap only backfires on you. It is your job to screen the good from the bad before gpassing a product over to your customer. After all, that is what they pay you for. On the other hand there is a difference between Cheap and cost effective, which is more evident on the cartomizer/cartridge/liquid end.

Great advice though, thanks. I had heard good things about Desai, I did not know that there was a Hongda or bad things about them. Do they source from either/or like the liquids , or is each manufacturer loyal to a battery brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread