RDA Ehpro Nixon RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Really loving this Nixon with the clear cap...

Nixon Clear.jpg

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
For a kennedy alternative, I have been using/liking the Stro V1.
stro-rda-sacred-mods205.jpg
Looks like the royal hunter and Haze had a threesome with the Kennedy...No thanks on that one. I consider the Kennedy comp to be the maximum airflow I can tolerate, I definitely don't need six more horizontal air holes destroying my flavors. Half the reason I like the bottom airflow designs so much is that I never have to align the top cap with the coils.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
@mr.fabe where did you get that topcap?? I just placed my ordered today because my freaking doge v2 clipped the leads on 3 coils last night :nah:

This is the one I got for $2.88. If you like clear, you can polish it with toothpaste.

$2.88 Replacement Acrylic Top Cap Tank w/ Drip Tip for KENNEDY RDA Atomizer - translucent / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The inner diameter is slightly larger than the original Kennedy cap which is why it fits the Nixon too.

Reactions: DergBerg

DergBerg

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
instagram.com
Reactions: mr.fabe

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Those look pretty good. I think they did right by putting the air pipe on the edge and splitting the posts for alignment, that why when you drip in the tip you dont gurgle it. Hows the flavor is it better than average?

Flavor is just like the Kennedy 2 hole deck version which is good. The only thing I don't care for on this atty is the air tubes are on the right side of center vs. left side of center. That's because I build my coils right handed.

CorTEH

May 2, 2014
La Quinta CA
I'm having a tough time with this atty. I keep going back to it trying to like it and I end up just using my Aeolusv2.
1. Its heavy if your not using that chuff cap.
2. I do a lot of nickel builds and it is very tough to capture your leads without breaking them.
3. Those post screws feel like they are dying to strip. Maybe this one is just me.
4. Its big and kind of awkward compared to most RDA's and looks a little funny on most of my mods.
and so far that's really it. Maybe ill try it again soon.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'm having the opposite experience honestly, I'm finding myself weighing buying another Kennedy Gremlin or two more Nixon's, I've been rocking the Nixon on my Lethal clone which I milled the top 510 of slightly so it sits entirely flush. Honestly I REALLY love the airflow shut-off with a simple twist, I've become accustomed to doing this with my lips and it keeps the condensation from building up 100% of the time, which is huge for me. The posts cutting off my wire isn't an option for me really, I always use very robust wire so there's zero chance of the posts cutting it.

Ugh, choices. Really liking the Nixon. Perhaps I could take an entirely different direction and try the new Kennedy 24...

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
There was one at my local B&M. I was eyeying this RDA online, combined with the fact that I typically will impulsively buy an RDA that costs less that $30...

I like it a lot. I decided to use the included coils for ....s and giggles. They are 8/9 turn 3mm inner diameter coils. They seem to be 0.5mm nichrome, and the pair ohms at 0.3 ohms, so I'm pretty sure it is nichrome.
The koh gen doh is enough to wick the coils at least three times and doesn't seem to have any off flavors.
The spare parts kit includes a replacement for each o ring and two spare button head screws. I would rather the atty had grub screws, but that is my personal preference. The scew tips are finished pretty flat so it isn't horrible like some other atties. For what it is worth, the ubiquitous little blue Phillips is the nicest one of its type I have received.
The atty was free of any oil or machining debris; I can't say how clean as I always wash any new gear before I vape on it, but it didn't have any scent and I consider my sense of smell to be above average.
All the machining is clean; this is a very well built atty. The airflow is pretty good, in terms of bottom flow atties I can compare it to I have a magma, a mxv4, and a mad hatter, which seems to be a troll deck with a different cap (I thought the mad hatter would be a bit of a gimmick, but its actually a great rda, at least mine is really heavy and well built). It has more airflow than the magma (I realize this is not saying much for modern atties), a little less than the mxv4's bottom airflow (and without the pesky side flow airholes), but less airflow than the mad hatter.
The airflow control moves pretty easily and is slaved to the barrel assuming your o ring provides a normal amount of friction. When it is shut off I can't draw any air through the atty at all.
Fit and finish are great, good airflow and easy build deck. It is inexpensive for a genuine atty, and if my unit is representitive of the whole, it is worthy of being considered a genuine, its fit and finish are a few cuts above indulgence's MXv4.
It can be had under 30 bucks in at least six colors. WTF are you waiting for? :p

I'd post pictures but my phone is uncooperative today.

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
I took some pictures of my current Nixon build.
0.25mm twisted chimney coils. The biggest complaint I have had with twisted coils is they tend to spit. I don't have any pictures with the deck wicked; but I wick the outer edge of the coil. Any spitback hits the opposite side of the coil and re-vaporizes. I don't think I'll run this atty with horizontal coils anymore. Wicking the chimney setup is a pain in the ...., but damn it is worth it. Clouds are effortless and the atty barely even makes any draw noise.

Attachments

• nixonchimn.jpeg
    nixonchimn.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 82
  • nixonhot.jpeg
    nixonhot.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread