Eleaf IStick 50W coming Jan 25th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose
If you don't already own an istick, you'll be very happy with it....it's really a solid device. :)

Got my istick 30w today and you're right! Best device I have ever put my hands on. It's smaller than I thought which is a good thing. The build quality is top notch and it's really everything I hoped for

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Got my istick 30w today and you're right! Best device I have ever put my hands on. It's smaller than I thought which is a good thing. The build quality is top notch and it's really everything I hoped for

Can't wait to get my hands on the 50W...(dual batts) :D

One thing with the iSticks though, as with any brand new battery.

Be sure to charge it full right away and then drain the device until it won't let ya vape and it tells you to recharge it.

You want to run thru 5 or 6 cycles of full-charge to full-drain to full-charge.

On the 6th or 7th charge, your battery will reach it's full capacity and it'll be okay to recharge it whenever you wish.

If you don't charge and dis-charge the first several cycles like I explained....your battery won't reach it's full capacity and it will shorten it's lifespan.

Once you've reached full capacity you should notice a dramatic change in just how long one charge will last. :)

DrewGrimey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
san jose

Be sure to charge it full right away and then drain the device until it won't let ya vape and it tells you to recharge it.

On the 6th or 7th charge, your battery will reach it's full capacity and it'll be okay to recharge it whenever you wish.

If you don't charge and dis-charge the first several cycles like I explained....your battery won't reach it's full capacity and it will shorten it's lifespan.

Once you've reached full capacity you should notice a dramatic change in just how long one charge will last. :)

Will do, thanks! As an iPhone owner, I'm no stranger to treating my batteries like babies. I'm still amazed at the size of this thing, can't put it down

One place showed SOLD OUT while another is still pre-order. https://www.ecigproseller.com/shop/free-shipping-eleaf-istick-50w-e-cig-mod-pre-order/

Today being the 25th I ve been browsing around to see if anyone does have any instock or the need to wait another full week or so since that seems to be the typical trend lately of seeing one date announced a week or so before something is out.

Trailz

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2014
NE OH US

Where did you read that you should fully cycle "any new battery" 5 or 6 times to reach its full capacity? I would never do this with lithium based batteries.

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States

Not only is this not necessary with lithium batteries, fully draining the battery stresses the battery and can possibly damage it or shorten lifespan. It's best not to drain the battery below around 20%. Fully draining the battery can help calibrate the battery meter in some devices, but it's neither necessary nor beneficial for the battery.

That's based on old cell phones and other devices from the 1990s with memory of where the battery level is being remembered and not allowing the battery to be fully charged if the memory persists. When going to recharge the device would only allow the charge to that point only and not beyond. But that's old school technology replaced since. The battery protection circuits in the newer devices since have seen substantial upgrades!

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Where did you read that you should fully cycle "any new battery" 5 or 6 times to reach its full capacity? I would never do this with lithium based batteries.

The iStick's cut-off is roughly 3.4V and arrives (usually fully charged), but most new cylindricals arrive at storage voltage of 3.6/3.7V

When a lithium battery is brand new, it should be fully charged and discharged to a safe level (like 3.4V) and then fully recharged. Takes several cycles to reach the battery's full capacity.

Once reached, the battery can be recharged at any time without harming it.

There are various battery sites all over the net, including Battery University.

But just do a Google search for "charging new lithium batteries" and you should find quite a few links to articles telling you the same. :)

Last edited:

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
The iStick's cut-off is roughly 3.4V and arrives (usually fully charged), but most new cylindricals arrive at storage voltage of 3.6/3.7V

When a lithium battery is brand new, it should be fully charged and discharged to a safe level (like 3.4V) and then fully recharged. Takes several cycles to reach the battery's full capacity.

But just do a Google search for "charging new lithium batteries" and you should find quite a few links to articles telling you the same. :)

....... i've never heard that... i too thought it was for older battery tech. I guess i'll have to do some research. Thanks for the tip!

FCastle

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2014
United States

I just did read several articles on Battery University and other sites and none of them mention anything about needing to be discharged/cycled to reach capacity. They all say ideally not to charge to 100% capacity, and don't run the battery near 0% capacity. As fully charging from a low charge heats up the battery more, which can degrade the battery. A full charge also stresses the battery more than stopping charging at around 80%-90%. Many lithium batteries also have safety circuits that will disable the battery when it completely discharges, as this can cause it to become unstable. For this reason may devices don't let you actually fully discharge the battery.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
About the Author Isidor Buchmann; Battery University

Extend the Life of Your Li-ion Battery

Battery-Saving Tips
Here are some ways to keep your Li-ion batteries working their best:

Fully charge new lithium-ion batteries for the first three cycles
New Li-ion batteries will work best if fully charged, and drained, for the first three charging cycles after purchase. So, after each charge, use the device until the battery completely runs out of juice, says Isidor Buchmann
, author of Batteries in a Portable World (Cadex Electronics).

Based on my own experience using internal lipo batteries in Chinese devices, this statement is accurate.

The internal cells are not new chemistry cells, they're old tech.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Sweet-Vapes says there's a "factory delay" :( Oh the humanity! I have to suffer with my 20 watt ,Nautilus mini, and Silo Lite Boo Hoo! LOL! Are things good in the vaping world or what :)

Yeah...that's a vendor's common excuse for lying about the actual arrival date....blame the factory.

They wouldn't get anybody to sign-up for their pre-order if they told everyone they'd get their stuff a month or longer from now, cuz they'd know that you'd sign-up for another vendor that promises a quicker arrival.

One lies....they all lie.

Small vendors take a back seat to large distributors regardless of what rep's tell you.

Major distributors get the first shipments, vendors are last in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread