Eleaf iStick Mix one battery drains even when the mod is off.

ArturB

Jun 26, 2023
I have an eleaf istick Mix which I bought more than 4 years ago from AliExpress. At the beginning the mod behaved really well. Then it had some issues with "no atomizer", but just detaching and reattaching the atomizer or restarting the mod always solved the issue, this issue is now quite rare. But one issue which started about a year ago is draining ONE battery which is inside the box mod. I realized this mainly because there were some issues with USB-C charging. Then I left the mod for a couple days just to realize that one battery cell had a voltage reading of nearly 0 V... I have just measured the draw current on that battery and it is 0.65A when the mod is on and 0.45A when the mod is off. The board also heats quite rapidly on the side of the cell which is being drained. It is the cell which isn't needed for the box mod to turn on, but is of course needed to output any power. I believe the mod was never really flooded, if it was then just a little bit with some e-liquid. I tried to flash 1.02 firmware moments ago but it failed. Any ideas?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have an Eleaf Istick Mix which I bought more than 4 years ago from AliExpress. At the beginning the mod behaved really well. Then it had some issues with "no atomizer", but just detaching and reattaching the atomizer or restarting the mod always solved the issue, this issue is now quite rare. But one issue which started about a year ago is draining ONE battery which is inside the box mod. I realized this mainly because there were some issues with USB-C charging. Then I left the mod for a couple days just to realize that one battery cell had a voltage reading of nearly 0 V... I have just measured the draw current on that battery and it is 0.65A when the mod is on and 0.45A when the mod is off. The board also heats quite rapidly on the side of the cell which is being drained. It is the cell which isn't needed for the box mod to turn on, but is of course needed to output any power. I believe the mod was never really flooded, if it was then just a little bit with some e-liquid. I tried to flash 1.02 firmware moments ago but it failed. Any ideas?

Hi ArturB. Welcome to the ECF.

If you have tried Different Batteries and it does the same thing, I would say that your Istick Mix is on it's Last Leg. And it is time to get something New.

Users who are viewing this thread