Eleaf Lemo II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I've owned my Lemo 2 for a month now and think its time to put it on eBay. Straight of I noticed resistance was all over the place, it simply would not fire at all on my istick 20w even with a 1.8Ohm coil but worked fine on my istick 30. For the first week it vaped fine, but since that no matter what I do it leaks out the air holes at the bottom. I have changed all the rubber rings but made no difference, tried silica, cotton makes no difference. I did post these issues at the start but got told user error but now it seems clear others are having these issues also
This is why I don't buy from Ebay. So if not user error why sell a defective item ?????

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Hope this assists someone:

I made an adjustment to the 510 by adding a grommet from a Nautilus head. Then, another because the first adjustment barely took. Worked on the rDNA 40 but not on the SX M Class.

Earlier today I ordered a 510 to 510 adapter because I was convinced that the throw, or, pressure, of the SX was substantially more the DNA. (Easy to check this for yourself.)

But on arriving home I decided to try the "mallet fix" instead. I banged the Lemo II 510 on a granite kitchen counter, not too hard but hard enough to have an effect.

Voila, instant fix. Now works on both devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I just ordered a Lemo II. I am hoping to replace my melo tank from eleaf. From what I have read here. I think I will love the new unit when it arrives.
I like mine. I wish it had a larger juice capacity, but it is easy to refill.

HD

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
However I am worried about fill when not at home since I use my tank when out of the house. Still I think my small squeeze bottle will work.
Don't worry. Mine never leaked a drop. If you wicked it right you can even refill it without closing the AFC.
A regular small bottle is just fine to refill it.

SevereDeceit

Mar 7, 2015
St. Louis
Here's what I've figured out after multiple builds on the Lemo 2. It likes large diameter coils and lots of wick. It will pull juice. I pre-ordered this cause I have 2 original lemos. This was tricky to get it wicking right. The vacuum trick helps, but this was the icing on the cake for me.

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
Glad it helped Apathy...keep us posted! It can be done mid-tank too, if it stops flowing well open briefly, cover drip tip, close... I can't take the credit, a friend here showed me that trick. Lol. Oh and speaking of tricks, hey ErnieKim your tricks did work on the Subtank Mini months ago... I replaced my mini rba deck with the then-new one that had juice channels all the way down, filed out the holes on the chimney a bit bigger, and voila... Idr if I ever said thanks, but trust me it's appreciated! That's still my backup tank. You're awesome :)

You're very welcome.
I've been on the sideline waiting for my new Lemo 2. I didn't realize that I ordered from a Chinese company. They were sneaky how they said: "ships from USA". It did indeed ship from NY, 2 weeks after it came in on a plane from China.

I REALLY like the Lemo. I went ahead with the coil that was in it, after I took the cotton out and ran it through the dishwasher. It's surprising how much flavor you get in spite of all that airflow. I didn't expect the flavor to be so good. Does anyone know why it's so good?

I need to go back and read through all the posts here.

My new Flavorite tank!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 133

mamabear15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2015
USA
Gonna try vaping hers for a while, at 30w instead of her usual 18.5. She's gonna vape mine (an Aquav2 on a Zero clone), and see what happens. I'm just wondering if it's something weird she's doing, idk. It's been an ongoing issue for her, running all the way back to the kayfun (which NEVER leaked for me). After the kayfun, she used an Aqua v2 in single coil mode, and had the same leaking issues, which I chalked up to running a dual coil atty with one coil. Hence the desire to find an atty intended to be used with one coil, which lead me to the Lemo v2.
My sister used my Protank 3, Subtank Mini & my Lemo 2 for awhile each. She hated em all for leaking til I watched her puff one day. She exhaled thru the drip tip too. [HASHTAG]#smh[/HASHTAG] lol I've never let her live that down to this day '-D

dave51

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
oklahoma
Same here Redbellie. Up until now I had bubbles after every draw but also had floating and leaking. I always did cut the cotton to just touch the deck. Today however, i wicked and put on the first part of the chimney and cut the cotton at chimney height. I then tucked the cotton inside making sure to keep the channels clear. I don't' have bubbles at every draw but the vape is very good.

Thats the way I always do mine and it never leaks and I dont get dry hits
It works for me with all coil sizes and diameters

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Got my 2 Lemo 2 cleaned, built, filled and vaping away. I had a tad bit of leakage on one, since I overfilled it, but it was just a few drops. I ended up changing the liquid anyway, because it was nasty and best suited in a dripper, irregularly ;) But the Lemo 2's are flavorful, chucks the clouds and easy to dial in the airflow. I love the top fill -- so much easier than bottom fill screws.

I ordered a couple Stingray X drip tips for them, since these are a bit large. They're even about a mil larger than the Orchid V4 drip tips, which I still don't enjoy using.

Overall, I'm impressed.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I like the flavor and vapor output of the Lemo 2 more than the ST MIni and Delta II. The fact that it is top fill is a bonus. I have had no leaks whatsoever. The builds are easy and I've had great performance with Kanthal and Nickel builds. The Delta and ST are good attys but my favorite of the three is the Lemo 2.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I hope the website pic is correct. I have been holding out hoping they would release a black LEMO 2. I really want to get this RTA.
I never liked colored attys. But since I have 2 black mods in vapemail I really want one. Or two. Or ... whatever.

And I really dig that black Lemo. I wrote Eleaf a message 10 minutes ago asking for a black Lemo 2.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Super silly question. I've got some money to waste, so I'm looking at picking one of these up, but it's listed as "Eleaf Lemo 2 Sub Ohm Tank Set" can I do non sub ohm on it? I'm still very new, but so far it seems like I'm liking 1.2-1.5 range the best. My only mod is a vamo v7, so I can't go under 1 ohm anyway.
You'll be fine with it. "Sub-ohm" is a marketing term for the cool kids (or wanna-be's).

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Re-wick, it could be twisted or messed up somehow on the inside and not drawing properly. Had that problem - the L2 seems to be sensitive to wicking for some reason.
Yeah, I think I might have overstuffed the coil. Did a rewick.
I have found that I have to keep the wick well away from the juice ports. If I do that and get it right I will see fairly regular air bubbles coming up. Of course the problem gets worse with things like Max VG juices.

I use rayon for my wicks and if I keep the holes clear with 50/50 I get great results. With 20 Pg / 80 VG I have to sometime tip the Atty horizontal to get a few bubbles to come up. When I am using the thick juice I will do the horizontal tip every 15 to 20 puffs.
I try to get the wick into a horseshoe shape so juice channels are clear. Using a 50/50 mix.
I had similar issues, found that tank was assembled to tight, I loosened tank till glass would just about turn and started wicking again.
I loosened slightly. Anymore and tank unscrews rather than juice port opening.
Is it possible you overfilled it? There needs to be an air bubble left at the top of the tank after refill or it may behave that way.

I have not personally experienced that with the Lemo 2, but it definitely happens on the OG Lemo when overfilled.
I always have an air bubble. I've found the sweet spot for how much juice to add. Anymore and it gets into air holes.

Thanks everyone. Lemo is back to working well again. Not sure which thing fixed it. Maybe a combination of all of the suggested remedies.

HD

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The silver parachute popped and vape mail dropped my Lemo2 on me today. So, I broke out the old screw gun and twisted up some Clapton wire to build it. When I opened the silly thing up to get started, I was surprised to discover it comes from the factory pre-built with a microcoil and pre-wicked. I threw it on the meter, it measures .55 Ohms. The wick appears to be cotton fiber-- I guess rayon is possible-- which seems kind of odd as the wick they sent in the package appears to be cotton pads. They also sent some wire for rebuilds, but I'll have to get the micrometer out to see what gauge it might be as it is unmarked. The wire's pretty hefty, though. They recommend .5mm wire in the instructions, which would be in the 24-25 AWG range. It's about that size, just from looking. It's not exactly the build I had intended to put in the tank, but it's reasonable so I'll give it a shot. I have to say, though, it's a nice improvement on the useless 36 or 40 ga spaced coil on silica wick every manufacturer on the planet throws in the box. I have a theory somebody built billions of those coils just before the bottom fell out of the market and they keep sending them out with new attys just to get rid of them.Whatever and why ever, kudos to Eleaf. They have sent me more than I expected. The wick gets wet tomorrow :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
OK, I filled my Lemo2 and put it on a tube. I'm using the factory build that came in the tank as described above. First impressions: leaky and airish. It was wicked like a Kayfun, cotton tails dropped down to the deck, just barely touching, so that's what I did with it. It could be the tank isn't leaking-- certainly it's not running out of the air holes-- and I got a bit over enthusiastic wetting the cotton before filling the tank. I think I'd probably cut the tails 1/8" longer, though, get a bit more cotton down on the deck. And airish! I have the vents half closed and it breathes better than my Foggers. Never had a tank before that I had to close the vent down some. Usually I'm boring the bases for more air, and throwing away the ring. Very nice :) The wider drip tip feels a bit unusual in my mouth, but it's making vapor and flavor like crazy. That 6mm chimney makes up for a lot of sins, IMHO. Soon as I get the wicking right, to stop the leaks, I think I'll be as happy with it as I can be with a single coil tank. And I think a Clapton coil would give more flavor, too. Still, I'm going to vape a tank or two with this build, see where it goes. My thanks to all in the thread who have recommended this: it's a fine tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread