Status
Not open for further replies.

JimScotty0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Garden Grove, CA, USA
www.facebook.com
You may find it difficult with such a small amount of wicking to work with. I'm sure it can be done but having a thicker wick to work with makes it a bit easier.
You could try it vertical making a chimney style. That would allow you to use more wicking material wrapped around the outside of the coil instead of the inside. I haven't made a chimney coil in quite a while, but I remember the flavor to be amazing.

Reactions: ChiBear85

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I just got my Lemo 2 and have been a huge Lemo fan. Can anyone tell me how long it takes or the best method to get rid of the oil taste. I've scrubbed the heck out of this thing and let it soak in dish liquid overnight and still has a slight off taste of machine oil.

Other than that this thing ROCKS!
Boil that sucka for 30 minutes in distilled water. I have this phobia that the minerals from tap water will give me a voltage drop. :D

Reactions: VaPreis

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
My Lemo 2 vapes like a cannon!:) I use 26 ga Kanthal wraped around a 3.4 mm screw driver shank. I wick it "chunky",and leave channels in the ends of the wick for the juice to flow up and into the wick ends.;) I use juice from 50/50 to 30/70 PG/VG. The flavor increases with the air set to about 50% closed,and it still has a pretty loose draw. The flavor is good with the air set wide open,but better with it closed 50%. My Goblin V2 will put out better flavor with the air wide open,but the Lemo is pretty close. I build all my coils from .4 to.6 (that seems to be my sweet spot,on RTA's). My Kayfun V4 puts out outstanding flavor but,man,it's like trying to suck a frozen milkshake through a straw!:nah: So it will never be my favorite!:glare:

Reactions: Sgt.Rock

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
One of mine came with more machine oil in it then the other, but a good scrubbing with a tooth brush and Dawn dish soap, and then boiling it for 30 minutes did the trick for both of them.

The distilled water is a good idea, but I didn't have enough on hand and boiled them in tap water. One of them came out with some mineral deposits on them, but came clean without a problem.....

....except for the terrible voltage drop it has. ;)

Reactions: rks1949

JoeVan

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2014
NC
So I did yet another rebuild last night, and did a good amount of 'research' into the Lemo 1 (not much out there for builds on the 2 yet) and stumbled across this gem:

I know you guys like to RIP on ol' RIP, but this actually worked. So I took the stock coil, spaced it out to make a 'standard coil' and wicked it like the video. The best I can describe it when it's done is like this:

ak8wtj.jpg

In your face flavor. Problem solved. Still hits great for airflow/cloud and has the flavor too. Very happy with the flavor now.

When I took it apart last night, I also noticed that the oring was smushed and stuck to the glass section when I took it off of the base. It was slightly deformed looking. I probably made it too tight. Too much tightening on the tank could affect wicking if that oring smushes into a juice channel.

... Now I just need to solve this leaking thing.

Reactions: Juokorow

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
anybody watched pbusardo's lemo 2 review ?

also rip trippers released a review about it too but pulled back instantly today

Phil really loves the big drip tip!! Really loves it he does...;)

No idea what is going on with Rip. He already did a sneak-peak thing on the lemo 2. What gives??

Reactions: Kaana

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus

No idea what is going on with Rip. He already did a sneak-peak thing on the lemo 2. What gives??

He did a sloppy build, squirted dripper all over the fill hole in a milisecond and blamed the atty in the end :D

and the drip tip drama of course, is this the first atty review of his with wide bore drip tip ?

Little dissapointed and made me feel Eleaf didnt make him happy somehow. Looked like sided.

WeirdWillie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2014
Houston, Texas

Phil needs to research a new invention called a syringe, and learn how to build and wick for thicker liquids.
Hint Phil there is no such thing as one build fits all!
Oh and you can shorten your review time by editing out the 20 min of rambling and rantings and get to the point.

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
So I did yet another rebuild last night, and did a good amount of 'research' into the Lemo 1 (not much out there for builds on the 2 yet) and stumbled across this gem:

I know you guys like to RIP on ol' RIP, but this actually worked. So I took the stock coil, spaced it out to make a 'standard coil' and wicked it like the video. The best I can describe it when it's done is like this:

ak8wtj.jpg

In your face flavor. Problem solved. Still hits great for airflow/cloud and has the flavor too. Very happy with the flavor now.

When I took it apart last night, I also noticed that the oring was smushed and stuck to the glass section when I took it off of the base. It was slightly deformed looking. I probably made it too tight. Too much tightening on the tank could affect wicking if that oring smushes into a juice channel.

... Now I just need to solve this leaking thing.

Seem to me a pancake style wick would be a leaking s.o.b.in any lemo b/c of the size of the juice shelves on the build deck. Doubt you can lay it on its side without major flooding.

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread