EM-Riva from Liberty Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesoul8

Jan 31, 2011
New Jersey
Hello all!

I just received my EM-Riva from Liberty-Flights.com.

First, I'd like to say that my very first PV was a V-Cig kit from Volcano. I was attracted by their excellent marketing, as well as the unit's resemblance to a real cigarette. I was not happy with this unit whatsoever. Volcano pulled through on all of their promises - the unit, however, just didn't perform adequate to my needs; battery life and vapor production to name a few.

Secondly, at the suggestion made by other forum members, I tried the Riva 510 lite-bundle from Liberty-Flights. This unit is exceptional in all departments. After a month of heavy use, I decided I may want some extra blank cartridges, as well as some other "backup" parts in the event of failure. Even though I haven't encountered any type of feedback saying these units were prone to failure, I didn't want to be inconvenienced by a battery or atomizer failure. I've grown very comfortable to having two great batteries and two great atomizers.

SO - instead of buying spare parts, I figured I'd spend another thirty dollars and change on another kit. I opted for the EM-Riva lite bundle, which included the wall/usb charger, blank carts, two atomizers, and two batteries. This should be more than enough to hold me over combined with my other kit!

Liberty Flights shipped this order out to me with uber-quickness that I am very thankful for. When I order something from the mail, I tend to wait like a child on Christmas-Eve with a stirring excitement that doesn't allow me to sit still.

Upon opening the package, I found that the EM-Riva bundle was packaged precisely as my Riva 510 bundle. After opening the familiar little black box with a magnetic-seal, I take a look at my new black EM-Riva kit. Color aside, it appears exactly the same. I know the charger is, at least! The ability to charge two batteries at once (with many thanks to my pre-existing charger) makes me feel as though I possess super-human powers in some strange way.

Ultimately, from what I can gather online - the only difference between the two units is the atomizer. It appears that the EM atomizer is slightly different than the standard Riva-510 atomizer. When I hit that little battery button to burn off some of the factory primer, it sure did seem to glow much brighter than my 510's! This COULD be a byproduct of my imagination, however.

All in all, this unit is great. It produces tons of vapor. I tried it with a few different fluids (brand) and it seemed to produce a healthy balance of vapor versus flavor. I think I've read that it burns a little hotter. This I can believe because it seems like I'm topping off the cartridges more frequently.

In terms of satisfaction, I do not see much of a difference between my two 510 kits. They both make me extremely happy, and now I have a bucket full of interchangeable parts that will all coexist happily together.

The biggest improvement for me is vaping with new atomizers. After a month of severely heavy use and a couple cleanings, my old atomizers seemed to be struggling. They were boiled for five minutes this morning, and now they're soaking in vodka. It's my experience that cleaning atomizers requires patience. It's a process of getting ALL OF THE GUNK OUT combined with ensuring they're totally dry before use. Rushing doesn't cause the world to stop spinning, it just leaves you with an ounce of frustration because they won't perform any better unless the PROCESS is executed in full.

Five thumbs up for the EM-Riva, and five thumbs up for Liberty-Flights. That's a total of ten thumbs, spanning two hands, which yields a totally clumsy individual that somehow made it through typing this review!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread