Ethics Soup: touts Banzhaf and pics of kids smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyraj

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Sorry if this has been posted before, I've been away for awhile and playing catch up!:)

E-Cigarette Follow Up: Inhale This -- "Ba-Bye"

Ethic Soup: E-Cigarette Follow Up: Inhale This -- "Ba-Bye"

Excerpts:
"SAY BA-BYE to e-cigarettes. That's a "Gidday" in Australia; "Adeus" in Brazil; "Good bye" in Canada; "Lehitra'ot" in Israel; Nakemiin" in Finland; "Selamat jalan" in Malaysia; "Good bye, steady bo?" in Singapore; and, "Adios" in Mexico."
"E-cigarettes are becoming a mere mist of its former vapors. They have been banned in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Israel, Mexico; and restricted in Finland, Malaysia and Singapore. In America, e-cigs are virtually banned in Oregon, threatened with legal action in Connecticut and the subject of a major class action law suit. Legal activist and public interest law professor John Banzhaf says e-cigarettes are about to be banned in California, which could be followed in Kentucky, and then in other states."

My remarks: Most offensive of all is the image of children smoking cigarettes when the article is about e-cigs. This underhanded method of framing issues with offensive pictures is a hallmark of Banzhaf's work. The image remains even if it's unrelated to the article. There is more bragging rights and support for ASH that can be found in the entire article if one is inclined to read more.

Please note that all of the bold print was the author's emphasis and not mine but they definitely have geared up for a sound byte and the terminology of the delivered points is really offensive and cries out for a smack-down. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread