eVod issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeebus2002

Feb 4, 2014
Ohio
So I got a few evod tanks and an evod battery in after having issues with 808 mini tanks not performing how I'd like them to. These issues were really frustrating and really making the transition to vaping difficult. So anyway, got an evod battery (and itaste vv v3 on the way) and tank because they seem well liked. So far however they've served more as straws to drink liquid and the top of the battery serves as a spare juice reservoir. I haven't had a single decent drag and gone through a lot of juice. Everything is screwed in tightly and I've filled the tank according to directions and online sources...still no luck
What am I doing wrong here? I don't want to go back to cigarettes but this is costing me a fortune just to get something to work.:glare:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Are you by chance over tightening things? That can also have ill effects. Put everything together until its "just" secure and add maybe another 1/4 turn. Cranking the parts down will not work out well.

What type, ratio and color is your liquid?

Also - after you put the base on the evod once you fill - before putting it on the battery put a paper towel under the base and blow through the air hole. If you are accidentally getting juice in that center airway this will clear it out.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
The only thing I can guess:

EVOD heads come with a little silicone doughnut that goes over the top post (and if the head came separately, there might have been some other silicone pieces that need to get removed). The doughnut over the top post NEEDS to stay on or the tank will flood.

And, I think you have an ego battery, not an evod??

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Are you by chance over tightening things? That can also have ill effects. Put everything together until its "just" secure and add maybe another 1/4 turn. Cranking the parts down will not work out well.

What type, ratio and color is your liquid?

Also - after you put the base on the evod once you fill - before putting it on the battery put a paper towel under the base and blow through the air hole. If you are accidentally getting juice in that center airway this will clear it out.

I learned this from someone else on ECF:

A better way to clear out excess fluid on an EVOD head is to turn it upside sown, and blow into the BASE rather than the mouthpiece.

This way, your blowing won't suck more juice into the coil head (because all the juice is at the other end of the head).

mandi0808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Garland, Tx
Have you checked your coil to see if it needs tightening on the base?
With the Evods, sometimes they are small enough to accidentally get liquid in the middle, even without trying.
If this happens, take the base off and gently blow. Any excess liquid in the middle will come out from the tip. Just roll up a paper towel and put it in there to absorb it. Once you put the base back on, do not try to blow out the base or the tip, as this can cause leakage too.
When you put it back together and put it on your battery, try just a light pull from it. Evod's can be picky. Sometimes if you are hitting on it hard they get leaky.

jeebus2002

Feb 4, 2014
Ohio
It gurgled and I got juice in my mouth from the first hit. I tried to look up fixes so I did turn the silicone bit upside down but that didn't work. I can pretty much count on a full tank leak or gurgle into my mouth in 5 minutes. Even if its upside down and I open it juice drains out of the mouth piece. Instead of wasting my new juice I emptied and cleaned out the tank and am holding off on filling it until I think I have a solution.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
It gurgled and I got juice in my mouth from the first hit. I tried to look up fixes so I did turn the silicone bit upside down but that didn't work. I can pretty much count on a full tank leak or gurgle into my mouth in 5 minutes. Even if its upside down and I open it juice drains out of the mouth piece. Instead of wasting my new juice I emptied and cleaned out the tank and am holding off on filling it until I think I have a solution.

Completely understandable. I havent used my eVods regularly in about 3 months, they were always my goto until I started collecting cartotanks then reos lol. They always worked well for me and other than a coil giving up I was fortunate to not run into the problem you are having (and many have had lately - QC?)

The other fix I have seen often is leaving the grommet in place and taking a second one off of an old coil and flipping it upside down. In some cases apparently there is a small gap of space that shouldnt be there. Here is a thread on it, I am linking it mostly for the photos - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-issues/410140-kanger-evod-leaking-mouth-piece-3.html . May be worth a shot.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I should also add that from the start I had big condensation drops in the mouthpiece. It could have been juice but looked more clear. This was followed quickly by juice that got sucked up.

Yeah, thats not good. I would also very much think - defective in that case. :( Hopefully the itaste will be there soon and will also perform with flawless awesomeness :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
If you want simplicity - cartotank. I thought they would be more fiddly and put off trying them. It is fiddle free vape happiness. I feel rather silly now for having been afraid of them LOL. The iclear series is good the only issue I had with 30 or 30s is I hate metal driptips and it isnt changeable :( other wise awesome - just not so happy outdoors at 1 degree LOL.

jeebus2002

Feb 4, 2014
Ohio
I hope to use my 808s most times I'm out at bars and stuff so that doesn't bother me a whole lot. The carto tanks are an area I know nothing about really. I get the idea but don't know brands or models. I also want to get into direct drip tubes and think I found one from wicked vapor (iirc). Right now I'm still trying to find a variety of flavors I like and the direct drip models seem to do that with less fuss than tanks. I've had to clean, dry, fill and immediately dump a few minitanks before repeating the process.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Dripping is perfect for tasting! All you need is a 510 atomizer and a drip tip - KP Long Barrel Sealed Atomizer - Kidney Puncher <<these are great and super cheap ones. I use the unsealed version on my Reo. Best ones Ive found yet, and the price cant be beat.

As far as explaining a cartotank - its precisely the cartos you use on your 808 with a few holes punched in it, a glass tank with grommets slides on and that you fill with liquid so it just keeps your cart steady full. If you pop the rubber cap off the end of a carto, then a drip tip fits in. Wah-Lah carto tank. Its like those glass bubbles you fill with water and stick in house plants...lol.

jeebus2002

Feb 4, 2014
Ohio
My evod tank did that too. Another reason I suspect a crack since in all the videos I've seen it shouldn't do that. The carto tanks sound interesting. I'll have to look into those. The thing I got from wicked is just an anodized tube that the Atty goes into and a drip tip fits on. It was something like 2 bucks on sale but I don't know what atomizers it uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread