Ex smoker driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathy9225

Apr 4, 2009
So, the ex smoker gets in the car with me... we are going for take out... and she fusses, and she whines.

"Will you quit puffing on that horrible THING????"

"What?"

"I TOLD you to quit puffing on that horrible thing, I don't know what's in it, and it bothers me."

"Umm... ok..."

So, I run a few more errands, and stop and grab a pack of analogs. I light one, and ex smoker doesn't say a WORD... this doesn't bother her in the least.

Now, WHY did I BOTHER to send ex smoker to college?
She INSISTS I am inhaling pure nicotine, and blowing it at her to make her want to smoke.
I have explained SEVERAL TIMES that if it was pure nicotine, I'd be quite dead... and questioned her as to her having managed to pass chem... (yes, she did... I know that for a fact.)

I don't understand her in the least... of course I'm not good with female type persons to start with.

I tried to switch her BF to the e cigg... and he didn't appear to be interested. But with my daughter... the EX SMOKER hanging out... I imagine his life would be miserable if he did.

The funny thing is... son and wife are both ex smokers... and they came and made off with a spare e cigg... son claimed he wanted to stop and grab a pack of analogs SO BAD... and figured this would head off the problem.
Wife just likes to come by and mooch expensive toys off me.

So... WHY is the girl so nasty? She is 28.. son is 25.. wife is 22... but it isn't an age thing.
My youngest (14) asks if I remembered to bring my e cigg... or just those nasty ones...
My grandmother gave the thing full approval... (here it's referred to as a faux cigg) and she thinks it's fine.
My mother is all for it...
Dad is on the fence... but I've been trying to catch him to help me make a more, better one... :)

Why is it just the dingy girl?
The totally absurd part of the whole thing... is I ran out of analogs last night... and was debating if I wanted a new pack, or to just stick to my faux cigg, I almost washed the ash tray.

I don't really know what to do with her... or her peculiar paranoia.
Suggestions would be helpful... and educating her hasn't worked.
Yes, I wanted to whine... just a bit :)

But I was also thinking... WTF???? How many other people think like she does? Is this part of the problem with the electronic toy for smokers?

TIA,
Katt

Coombs

May 12, 2009
Van Isle, Canada
Yeah the only people I've had say anything negative about it were all ex-smokers,
usually along the lines of "...so your just switching addictions, without acomplishing anything"
I think mainly due to the fact I talk about how easy it was, And they get mad because they went through hell going cold turkey, Jealous .......s lol

BTW:
Darkest I love your Sig

Yeah the only people I've had say anything negative about it were all ex-smokers,
usually along the lines of "...so your just switching addictions, without acomplishing anything"
I think mainly due to the fact I talk about how easy it was, And they get mad because they went through hell going cold turkey, Jealous .......s lol

BTW:
Darkest I love your Sig

No lie some ex smoker said that to me and I responded quickly with a "yes I am. I enjoy smoking so I don't see the point of losing something I love" and they didn't have a big response to it.

Cancer

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
When i quit 7 years ago for 3 years, i was still really young and an all night party guy. I would hang out with smokers and pretend i was totally at peace. Yet, secretly inside I longed to chain smoke analogs at 2am with everyone. The ecig fixes that dilema, by allowing this new quitter attempt to "chain smoke" whenever he wants:D

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
some of the worst antis are ex-smokers. :(

OutWest - You said it! My mom and dad are the absolute worst about smoking and they both smoked for at least 30 years!

I think it's a kind of self hypnosis thing with ex-smokers.....they have to openly and verbally keep on and on about how much they 'hate' smoking in order to remain a non-smoker....I expect some might even 'hate' the e-cig even more because it is so tempting to them.

surbitonPete - I think this is spot on! I quit one time and for only 6 weeks but those six weeks were shear misery. I really had to think about NOT thinking about smoking ~ if that makes any sense. :)

Just tell this silly girl "You're a habit I'd like to kick - with both feet" hahaha!!

mamu - I am glad your my friend...... Hehehe.......:D

Kathy, you should be a writer! You really should. Having three kids and a crazy family of my own, your post made me laugh and shake my head and sympathize with you, all at the same time! :D

I had a young person (24 yo) who is a friend of the family say that I was inhaling "nasty stuff from the battery" while using my PV. She is also a college graduate, who thinks nothing of spending four hours a day in a tanning bed or laying out in the sun with no sunscreen, by the way. She just hates smoking...of anything. :rolleyes:

I do think, in general, that most people who hate smoking and who have never smoked themseves, will think the PV is stupid, but I really don't care.

Since your "dingy girl" has no complaints when you go back to smoking analogs and just seems to be bothered by the PV, my guess would be one of two things: either she's jealous that you're still enjoying the smoking experience without actually smoking whereas she has quit completely, or more likely, she's embarrassed by the PV.

As a parent if we do the smallest thing that our kids might find the least little bit embarrassing if someone were to see us, it is the end of the world, you know. :shock:

Just tell her you've switched to 0 nic juice so there will be no nicotine to blow at her and see what her next complaint is. :cool:

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
Kathy, you should be a writer! You really should. Having three kids and a crazy family of my own, your post made me laugh and shake my head and sympathize with you, all at the same time! :D

I had a young person (24 yo) who is a friend of the family say that I was inhaling "nasty stuff from the battery" while using my PV. She is also a college graduate, who thinks nothing of spending four hours a day in a tanning bed or laying out in the sun with no sunscreen, by the way. She just hates smoking...of anything. :rolleyes:

I do think, in general, that most people who hate smoking and who have never smoked themseves, will think the PV is stupid, but I really don't care.

Since your "dingy girl" has no complaints when you go back to smoking analogs and just seems to be bothered by the PV, my guess would be one of two things: either she's jealous that you're still enjoying the smoking experience without actually smoking whereas she has quit completely, or more likely, she's embarrassed by the PV.

As a parent if we do the smallest thing that our kids might find the least little bit embarrassing if someone were to see us, it is the end of the world, you know. :shock:

Just tell her you've switched to 0 nic juice so there will be no nicotine to blow at her and see what her next complaint is. :cool:

I have to go a tad off topic here since you brought up the whole sun thing.

When I was 12 years old I was living with my Aunt in South Texas. She was anti-cancer everything (she smokes Misti's :lol: ) Lipliner causes cancer, Deodorant causes cancer, the SUN causes cancer.

The last one I knew about even at a young age because I saw what it did to her. I should seriously get a picture of my Aunt to show your young college student and tell her that THIS is what is going to happen to her if she keeps sun-bathing. She should be using AT LEAST 40 SPF sunscreen. Geez
Everyday I get compliments on my skin, how it is like porcelain, and blah blah blah.... but you know what? I have to thank my Aunt for that one. Her keeping me out of the sun, and having me use the best products is the reason my skin is as nice as it is.

Back to the topic at hand :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread