Ex-smoker vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snlacole

Apr 20, 2016
I smoked for about 4 years then quit when I became pregnant, haven't smoked in over 3 years. The problem is, I switched out one habit with another, eating. I want to lose weight but even when I'm slightly agitated I eat. I noticed I eat now when I would've smoked back then. My question is, will non nicotine vaping affect my lungs. Has this helped any ex smokers who have started eating uncontrollably lose weight?

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I've read some posts about people using vaping to eat less. You definately get to enjoy the flavors. Changing to flavors really helped me move away from smoking. Your situation is a little different. Lot's of people, including me, noticed almost immediately that their lungs were clearer after they quit smoking but the reality is we don't know the long term effects of vaping including on the lungs so while you'll find lots of opinions, you won't find a definitive answer.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My question is, will non nicotine vaping affect my lungs. Has this helped any ex smokers who have started eating uncontrollably lose weight?
This doesn't answer your question specifically, but it may have some anectdotal significance.

I used to work in a vape shop. A married couple who were customers, and were professional body builders, vaped non-nicotine flavors to help curb their desire to eat during their strict diet regimes prior to a competition. They said it worked for them.

Reactions: Foggy Road

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Hmmm, I'm not a fan of caffeine because it triggers my anxiety. Are there any organic e liquid developers who even sell nicotine free liquid?

Many do,
but it seems like your just looking to develop a new habit to consume your time in between eating, have you considered a hobby ?

Reactions: YoursTruli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread