Extremely Frustrated - Keep Getting Gross ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavyaether

Apr 8, 2014
denver
I've spent probably 50 bucks on ejuice and I've only had a couple that I like, pomegranate from a local shop and a very tiny sample bottle of ky4. And the rest have just sucked, I got grape, black tea and blue raspberry from myvaporstore. Passionfruit, vanilla swirl, and crunch berry from a local shop. All of these flavors just either taste like perfume or cough medicine.

I'm just getting very discouraged, a cigarette sounds really good right now...

I got my MVP 2 in the mail today with the Iclear 30, and I've gone through like 4 tanks of different flavors and I've had to dump them out and clean the tank then dry it over and over again. Idk what to do, I'm thinking about trying Bobas bounty cuz everyone seems to like it. I'm pretty upset because I've wasted all this money on juice that I'll never use

Maybe I'm just being picky, any advice is appreciated, has anyone else had an experience like this?

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Welcome to ECF and sorry to hear about your troubles. Get your 5 posts in so you can start being active in the e-liquid forum. You will get tons of advice over there. I like Mt Baker vapor but have been mixing my own for a couple of months so haven't purchased premix for a while. Maybe look at Mt Baker vapor. Best of luck to you.
Respond to this thread two more times and you'll have your 5

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Sorry to hear about your frustrations.. but.. let me start off by saying "don't throw away those juices...yet....". If they taste perfumy, they may need to be "aired". with the cap on, shake it up.. then take the cap off (and preferably the dripper too) and stick it in a closet or somewhere room temperature and fairly dark.. and just walk away from it. Some juices need a few days, some more. but that's how I would get rid of perfumy tastes. some may even need to sit for a while after it's aired, and finish the steeping process. Give that a shot first.

Next, I would try from places that offer cheap eliquid. One of my go-to sources is Mt Baker Vapor. your best shot is to order small samples and several types. Mt Baker Vapor needs to be aired/steeped, but some are good straight out of the mail. Guava usually doesn't need too much steeping, so you might want to try that. Banana is good, but steeping is a must for that one.

most of us has gone through a wide variety of juices before we find one we like. It's normal, and too bad you haven't found one you like from the get go. But don't let that discourage you. Do what you have to, but don't get discouraged.. you will find one you like. There's plenty of juices out there, yours is out there, you just have to find it.

good luck.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Sorry to hear about your frustrations.. but.. let me start off by saying "don't throw away those juices...yet....". If they taste perfumy, they may need to be "aired". with the cap on, shake it up.. then take the cap off (and preferably the dripper too) and stick it in a closet or somewhere room temperature and fairly dark.. and just walk away from it. Some juices need a few days, some more. but that's how I would get rid of perfumy tastes. some may even need to sit for a while after it's aired, and finish the steeping process. Give that a shot first.
:cool:
Really good point there and I feel a bit silly for not thinking about it maybe being a steeping issue. I don't steep so that's probably why I never think to mention it.

MsAgro

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2014
The land of ruby slippers, USA
Does the vape shop you go to mix their own flavors? Try to find a place that has a tasting bar and a wide selection of different brands. That way you have more options and can find out if you'll actually like it before you invest in buying it.

Plus, a flavor in one brand can taste completely different (for better or worse) than another brand with the same marked flavor (ex raspberry vs. Raspberry).

Also, keep an eye out for online companies that sell sample packs. That can be a bit easier on the wallet to try several different flavors in smaller quantities.

Hang in there! You'll find your flavor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I'm working my way through the Mt Baker Vapor line, I've found some real good ones. They tend to be the best sellers. Hawk Sauce, Cinnamon Roll (got that one today), Butterscotch, Black Ice...lots of good flavors. You will find what you like in time.

Last week I had an issue with vaper's tongue, the only one I could taste was Black Ice. Kept me sane and vaping until I could taste again. That was a long 52 hours though.

I liked the ejuices I got from Mt. Baker Vapor (especially the white tea). Another one I recommend is aroma ejuice - there was only one there that I was a bit :/ on (very berry came out perfumey - but then again letting it air might help) My faves are the dark honey tobacco, vanilla splash and the mahalo, but I do vape a lot of their flue cured tobacco and the Turkish blend. I tried bobas bounty - not a fan, though I'm the only one in my family to not care for it (they said vanilla, caramel, and hazelnut. I thought it tasted like malt chocolate and melted crayons, hahaha. so taste is subjective). I'd suggest for cheaper, good juices, Pirate Vapor. They have some that are miss (black honey), but I especially like their monkey shine (a banana/tobacco flavor), and calico jack (apple+caramel tobacco), and their pomegranate and horchata are good, too. Other tobacco flavors I like (don't know if you particularly want those) are Island tobacco, and east india #1. Heather's heavenly vapes is also really good, in my opinion :)

I've spent more than I care to guess on juices (it's my obsession). Sampler packs are a godsend (and I have to say, out of the dozens of juices I have so far, there are only about 3 I won't vape at all, so I guess I'm easy to please).

(I'm super excited about my nicoticket order that came in today - Custard's Last Stand and H1N1. I've heard excellent things, so hopefully my tastebuds play along :) )

Here's hoping you find something tasty to vape! Good luck :)

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
So i've done a bit of research and i'm leaning towards ordering from fuzionvapor... I think I'm gonna try Hadouken, does anybody know if you need to add menthol or does it come with menthol in it?

It might be handy to keep some Menthol flavoring at hand. That way, you can order and not worry about if it's menthol or not. only advice is, look at the reviews. If they don't mention menthol, then chances are, it's probably not.

By the way.. the link I provided is flavoring only. it's real potent too... a few drops in your bottle is enough to turn it into a menthol vape. too much, and.. well... talk about a throat it.... :)

Tecks

Apr 1, 2014
USA
Hey there,

I understand how you feel. I am new myself and am experiencing the same thing. This is what I learned from it though:
Same name flavors from different brands or makers can still vary hugely from eachother. One brands Vanilla tasted great to me and another one tasted bad.

I found a vapor lounge. The stuff they sell is over priced but that have about a hundred differerent juices and a clean drip tip and I just sat there for an hour and tried most of them out, noted down the ones I liked and then bought 1 from them to thank them (about 80% mark-up so only one.

Also a wise vaper told me, if you don't like the juice or start to not like it, store it for later and try it again at another time. You might like it later.

My 2 cents

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
Unfortunately it's trial and error. Over the past four months I've bought at least a hundred dollars worth of liquid, and i can say there's about two or three I like. Also, letting it sit and steep for a bit works wonders. I have a few flavors that have set for a few weeks and are much better. Also if you just recently switched from smoking to vaping most everything is dull tasting. Once your taste buds get back in gear, you will be amazed at how somethings taste.

Sent from my GS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread